Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 116,407 times)

SM

SM

There were eggs on the Torrens?

The Old One

The Old One

We don't know, it's just a possible supposition.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2018, 07:14:34 AMAlso, I'm currently halfway through another re-read/re-listen for this weekend's podcast and I am just so f**king annoyed at the staff of the Cold Forge for not having back-ups of everywhere on portable storage in a safe somewhere.

:laugh:

Maybe they didn't want to risk someone leaving it in the back of a taxi.

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 15, 2018, 09:20:22 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2018, 07:14:34 AMAlso, I'm currently halfway through another re-read/re-listen for this weekend's podcast and I am just so f**king annoyed at the staff of the Cold Forge for not having back-ups of everywhere on portable storage in a safe somewhere.

:laugh:

Maybe they didn't want to risk someone leaving it in the back of a taxi.

I think it was mentioned that they were not allowed to have personal back ups or something like that. Blue had to keep hiding hers but that may have simply been because it was for personal use. Official back ups might have been allowed. Can't remember now.  :P

Corporal Hicks

Javier should have been doing that regularly as part of his damn preventative maintenance measures. I hate him so much now.

HuDaFuK

And just like, all your love for Mr. White and this book goes out the window :P

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Dorian @Blue.

"Javier's dead now, and he's left me in charge."

HuDaFuK

White admitting that Sudler's manipulative personality was partly based on himself in Hick's podcast makes that post so much better.

The Old One

The Old One

I wonder who Mr.White would cast as Dorian Sulder in a film/audiobook adaptation.

SM

SM

There were backups.  Silversmile compromised Glitter Edifice and Rose Eagle when it crossed the air gap.

Corporal Hicks

I'm talking portable storage that isn't plugged into a network somewhere. Just sat on a big ass removable hard-drive or storage box hidden away in a safe.

Local Trouble

Kinda like how Cyberdyne should've had off-site backups in T2?

Still Collating...

Quote from: SM on Aug 15, 2018, 08:17:26 AM
There were eggs on the Torrens?

I actually find this idea interesting! Verlaine and the copilot could have been eggmorphed and if one of them was a Queen, we get a bunch of eggs. Open for future tales. 

Perfect-Organism

I'm really glad interest for this book has picked up.  I read it as soon as it came out and for a few weeks afterwards, it seemed like it dropped but nobody read it.  Now virtually all reviews are glowing positive.  This book has been one hell of an awesome ride!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed