New avp game coming to Facebook...

Started by Engineer, Sep 14, 2015, 01:58:58 PM

Author
New avp game coming to Facebook... (Read 20,212 times)

Corporal Hicks

The tutorials seem to be all the rubbish after you start up the game for the first time.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 15, 2015, 12:48:53 AM
I wonder if it will follow more the AvP films or the Prometheus idea like a lot of the new stuff is doing.

I'm playing the game now and from the lore I am reading in the black market for the units, it seems to be set in the 21st century somewhere in Africa (called "Zandia")

There's a lot of mention of "Weyland Corp" so no Weyland-Yutani here, it's set around 2021 from what I am reading. So the Weyland Corp may be the only Prometheus link.

Corporal Hicks

These tutorials are just never ending.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 11, 2015, 04:23:34 PM
These tutorials are just never ending.

I know right? I forgot half of the stuff already...

Also, it's a shame that this isn't an official AvP game but just an event of a different game that lasts 90 days.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 11, 2015, 05:05:04 PM
Also, it's a shame that this isn't an official AvP game but just an event of a different game that lasts 90 days.

Plus you're not even really using real Aliens or Predators... just clones who are more or less "programmed" to work one another and are more or less tamed attack dogs than anything else.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 11, 2015, 05:52:45 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 11, 2015, 05:05:04 PM

Plus you're not even really using real Aliens or Predators... just clones who are more or less "programmed" to work one another and are more or less tamed attack dogs than anything else.

I know, that kinda put me off.

I mean, it made sense with the Aliens to an extent considering some of the stories in the EU.

But cloned Predators to be your attack dogs? Nah... especially not an "Ancient"... no way.

I mean, I can understand if the story was a bit different, saying something along the lines of "the Yautja clan has deemed us worthy to hunt Aliens alongside them to test our skills", even something like that would've been fine.

I do like the artwork of the characters though, really well done. The Ancient looks badass and also the descriptions are very good. You get to read an autopsy report on Peter Keyes as well in one of the descriptions for Predator units.

Plus the Ancient's Xenomorph skull wrist gauntlet looks pretty badass in the artwork for the unit.

I still haven't got to doing the AvP quest due to all the bloody tutorials though, there's loads!  >:( You could make a game with just the tutorials...

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 11, 2015, 07:16:54 PM
I know, that kinda put me off.

Agreed.. I almost want to say they shouldn't really have bothered.

I mean, it made sense with the Aliens to an extent considering some of the stories in the EU.

Which usually doesn't turn out so well for people who attempt to do that. Usually but in some cases.. well that control usually is on a very, very, very tight leash so to speak. Also Resurrection attempted to do that, so in the Aliens case.. it does make sense.. Now Predators on the other hand...

But cloned Predators to be your attack dogs? Nah... especially not an "Ancient"... no way.

No way Predators would willingly serve as someone's attack dog. Especially not humans. And when other Predators find out about that, they would see it as an affront and attempt by any means necessary. In the case of an Elder being cloned: "OH HELL NAW!"

I mean, I can understand if the story was a bit different, saying something along the lines of "the Yautja clan has deemed us worthy to hunt Aliens alongside them to test our skills", even something like that would've been fine.

Agreed.

I do like the artwork of the characters though, really well done. The Ancient looks badass and also the descriptions are very good. You get to read an autopsy report on Peter Keyes as well in one of the descriptions for Predator units.

I'm surprised that something from Predator 2 was mentioned.. is anything from.. ugh.. Rodriguez's PREDATORS even mentioned or shown in this? More or less, I know that there are some elements of AVP in there but are they going along with the continuity of that movie or is all that.. Prometheus schlock they're going with? Cause I'd really like it if they just went with either Weyland Industries or Weyland Yutani.. Not Weyland Corp.

Also agreed about the artwork... It does look really awesome!

The Alien Predator

A lot of the focus is on the first AvP film.

The alien units say how a "heat bloom" somewhere in Nambia lead to a temple and the eggs were found there alongside some Predator tech which are usually called "artefacts".

I haven't seen any mention of "Predators" mythos.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 11, 2015, 10:55:17 PM
A lot of the focus is on the first AvP film.

I figured that much when I saw the pyramids and such... But looking at the tags on the Queen... I see a Weyland Corp logo.

The alien units say how a "heat bloom" somewhere in Nambia lead to a temple and the eggs were found there alongside some Predator tech which are usually called "artefacts".

A temple in Nambia... What? Well... definitely seems to take inspiration from the first AVP.

I haven't seen any mention of "Predators" mythos.

Good.

Corporal Hicks

Still not finished the tutorial. You guys not impressed then?

Whiskeybrewer

Looks interesting. Like the design of the Predator in the trailer

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2015, 09:24:31 AM

I don't do Facebook games.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 13, 2015, 12:13:42 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2015, 09:24:31 AM

I don't do Facebook games.

This is my first.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 12, 2015, 01:28:31 PM
Looks interesting. Like the design of the Predator in the trailer

I thought the trailer was fantastic.

The Alien Predator

Yeah, the trailer was absolutely amazing.

It made me long for another AvP game... on the new gen systems.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 13, 2015, 05:59:28 PM
It made me long for another AvP game... on the new gen systems.

There is always Mortal Kombat X... It has Predator... or a Predator who seems to be an infusion of Diablo, Ghost and the AVP Predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed