Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 103,582 times)

Sabres21768

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 16, 2021, 12:43:56 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 16, 2021, 04:18:43 AM
Does anyone have screenshots from inside the Stargazer base?

It might not be today, but over the course of the next few days I can take some screenshots and post them here for you.
That would be amazing!
Thank you so much.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 17, 2021, 04:22:19 AM

It might not be today, but over the course of the next few days I can take some screenshots and post them here for you.
That would be amazing!
Thank you so much.

You got it! It might be tonight!

Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Sep 16, 2021, 11:47:53 PM
Still playing this a couple hours a day!

Yeah, 18 months in and still as fun as heck, especially with the influx of new blood!

Man they have to introduce some sort of PvP element to keep Aliens FTE alive. It hasn't even been a month and my buds already stopped playing

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah FTE isn't going to have a long life as an online game. Even with new levels it just isn't really sustainable without a pvp of some sort. It would have probably had a longer life if they hadn't shot themselves in the foot with the way matchmaking works thougg.

And really if that's not in the cards then that's okay I guess. I know I've certainly got my money's worth already and I'm still enjoying it.

I've inherited a gaming laptop from my father in law so I will be looking to finally get Predator Hunting Grounds. I feel pretty late to the party and I suck even more at PC games than I do on consoles. But still looking forward to trying it out.

Samhain13

At this point the people I know that are still into AFE are the ones that want to max out all their classes or beat the game on insane. After that there won't be much to do until the next dlc comes out.

Predator: Hunting Grounds hasnt doing that well lately, last update was considered disappointing by the community and some people just came back to play for the day due to it then left cus nothing really interesting was added to the game but the ps free thing seems to have saved the game for a while. Numbers of people streaming it on twitch increased a lot, you get matches faster, full of new players that might stick for a while.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 17, 2021, 02:07:28 PM
Yeah FTE isn't going to have a long life as an online game. Even with new levels it just isn't really sustainable without a pvp of some sort. It would have probably had a longer life if they hadn't shot themselves in the foot with the way matchmaking works though.

And really if that's not in the cards then that's okay I guess. I know I've certainly got my money's worth already and I'm still enjoying it.

I can't regularly find random players to match up with again, but yeah I had a blast playing it too. So I don't regret the purchase at all, even if nothing truly substantial is added to Aliens FTE in the future. (I might end up regretting ordering the Deluxe version though!  :laugh:)

QuoteI've inherited a gaming laptop from my father in law so I will be looking to finally get Predator Hunting Grounds. I feel pretty late to the party and I suck even more at PC games than I do on consoles. But still looking forward to trying it out.

Nice! That's awesome to hear!

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 17, 2021, 04:02:31 PM
Predator: Hunting Grounds hasnt doing that well lately, last update was considered disappointing by the community and some people just came back to play for the day due to it then left cus nothing really interesting was added to the game but the ps free thing seems to have saved the game for a while. Numbers of people streaming it on twitch increased a lot, you get matches faster, full of new players that might stick for a while.

In regards to the last update being disappointing to the community, I wouldn't view the regulars on Illfonic forums that seem to spam threads with inside clown gags and jungle hunter jokes rather than have decent conversations as the community. It drove a lot of good people out of those forums, including me. They're the loud, often annoying minority. :D

We got an awesome DLC Cleo Predator to play as, awesome lore tapes recorded by actress Alice Braga herself, and bot support that will help longevity of the game when the game is no longer supported one day. (1v1 Hunt Private Matches? Oh yeah!) So a disappointing update? Not to me and my buds!

In regards to saving the game. How many new maps and DLC have we received this year so far? So if they were not still running at a profit and rather a loss, Illfonic would stop with new updates immediately.

And the playerbase on Playstation has always been there before PS-Plus this month. Roughly 20 second wait-times for playing as the Fireteam, and Predator wait-times vary 4-5min.

However, I think there is a different perspective unfortunately for PC players as yourself than many of us on Playstation. We have crossplay turned off, because First Person Shooting on PC has an advantage. (I have it turned off myself most of the time). So the bulk of the playerbase stays away from you guys  :laugh: so you might be seeing this game in a lesser state than us Playstation players, the lionshare of the Predator: Hunting Grounds player base.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 17, 2021, 04:55:40 PM
In regards to the last update being disappointing to the community, I wouldn't view the regulars on Illfonic forums that seem to spam threads with inside clown gags and jungle hunter jokes rather than have decent conversations as the community. It drove a lot of good people out of those forums, including me. They're the loud, often annoying minority. :D

The clown world meme died on those forums months ago, its not just about that forum's members, on the big facebook group, the discords about the game, among streamer/content creators, the "teams", and most people there are on ps, it was considered a let down from what I saw.

We got an awesome DLC Cleo Predator to play as, awesome lore tapes recorded by actress Alice Braga herself, and bot support that will help longevity of the game when the game is no longer supported one day. (1v1 Hunt Private Matches? Oh yeah!) So a disappointing update? Not to me and my buds!

Tapes were fine. Cleo is another cosplay meme slow Predator with bad stats like Samurai and Viking. Not a big fan of the design, and if you evaluate her gameplay wise: sure it workes great against randoms, anything does, but in competitive matches she is just...

For a Stalker long range build she is a worse Elder. Worse stamina and less perk points but then again with the Smart Disk using a mouse with high DPI any class can put a fight cus the weapons is too strong. While for melee she is a better Berserker, more perk points, better specs and can run same gear. I would say she is probably better than Viking too due to the tactician spec, with trapper perk those trapped or netgun are screwed if you use Sickle with fearless on them. That would do 38% extra melee damage, still melee doenst work well vs PC FT.

So you pay for a class that is just better than the worse ones but not as good as the default Hunter class. City Hunter and Valkyrie were good at launch but they were nerfed, they made their stats good to get people to buy them, then took it away. While Dante and Dutch'87 are still the same overpowered pay to win ft dlc as they always been. Fireteam: Hunting Grounds after all.

Bots are funny, braindead aimbots that give players extra lifes in case they die, help more than the average player.

In regards to saving the game. How many new maps and DLC have we received this year so far? So if they were not still running at a profit and rather a loss, Illfonic would stop with new updates immediately.

Maps that were added were good, Clash mode is a meme, not what the community wanted, City Hunter and Dutch'25 and '87 were the only really good DLC imo. Isabelle is fine but she is like a worse version of the Recon class stats wise.

And the playerbase on Playstation has always been there before PS-Plus this month. Roughly 20 second wait-times for playing as the Fireteam, and Predator wait-times vary 4-5min.

Wait times on PC were usually around that as well, since most PS players have crossplay on, as fireteam it was always fast and you get in a lobby with only ps players most time, as predator it could go from 4-10 minutes depending on the time of your region, and again most time you get into lobbies with only ps players. I know and play with many PS players and it doesnt matter if the platform, the people that have been playing since launch weren't impressed. Now for Pred its taking from 1 to 3 mins.

Funny thing about the wait times, on the day on Cleo release they had to turn cross play off for some hours cus many people that bough Cleo on Epic couldnt use her, so while they releasing a patch to fix that crossplay was disabled for everyone. The wait times for Predator got better, most PC players go for fireteam due to fps advantage.

However, I think there is a different perspective unfortunately for PC players as yourself than many of us on Playstation. We have crossplay turned off, because First Person Shooting on PC has an advantage. (I have it turned off myself most of the time). So the bulk of the playerbase stays away from you guys  :laugh: so you might be seeing this game in a lesser state than us Playstation players, the lionshare of the Predator: Hunting Grounds player base

The average PC player on PHG doesnt perform that much better in my experience than the average PS player, especially as Predator. Most of them try melee and get slaughtered. Its only when you get like into a match with players of the top 0,1% of the PC community that... yeah most ps predator players are gonna spend the whole match running and being hunted down by the single fireteam player if they dont die 1v1 in the first minute. Or you are gonna have a Predator shooting arrows and plasma so fast the fireteam won't react in time. So most of the time crossplay wont affect ps players at all.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 17, 2021, 01:15:38 PM

That would be amazing!
Thank you so much.

Sweet!  Can't thank you enough dude.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 17, 2021, 06:49:55 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 17, 2021, 01:15:38 PM

That would be amazing!
Thank you so much.

Sweet!  Can't thank you enough dude.

The outside levels are much more visually impressive than what you find inside, but here you go brother!

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Perfect! 
Exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks so much.

No Predator experimentation going on anywhere, huh?

DaniillLogOut

DaniillLogOut

I dig these glowing green screens. Nice nod to Predator blood

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 18, 2021, 08:14:56 AM

There is a crude Predator autopsy to be found but it's on an entirely different map and it's mission based (only appears if you get that particular mission).

Not my screenshot:

The Necronoir

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 18, 2021, 11:58:21 AM

There is a crude Predator autopsy to be found but it's on an entirely different map and it's mission based (only appears if you get that particular mission).

Not my screenshot:

That mission appears in Headquarters as well, just FYI. The autopsy room is in the smaller camp to the east of the main installation though.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Necronoir on Sep 18, 2021, 12:42:41 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 18, 2021, 11:58:21 AM

Not my screenshot:

That mission appears in Headquarters as well, just FYI. The autopsy room is in the smaller camp to the east of the main installation though.

Ah, good to know, thanks! That mission has yet to come up for me in this HQ map via the ol' randomization, and I'm not the one hosting my private matches (when they occur).

SizzyBubbles

Baby mandible.rex thing? Kinda looks uncomfortable to have on ones waist hahaa.

Great to ref that icon trophy wall though.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Nice interior screenshots there, Voodoo.

So I just hopped on some Clash and unlike before the PS+ offer, games are found quite quickly. PlayStation Plus has 46.3 million subscribers, so if even a tiny fraction of that claimed the game this month, we're looking at a massive influx of new players. I'm glad the game seems to have some new life now, just hope Illfonic can actually bring the thunder this time with the October DLC and capitalize on all these new players.

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Sep 20, 2021, 06:40:04 PM
Baby mandible.rex thing? Kinda looks uncomfortable to have on ones waist hahaa.

Great to ref that icon trophy wall though.

Yeah they're nice trophies to put on the P2 Preds.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed