Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 107,408 times)

Voodoo Magic

To pull it less than 24 hours after promoting this stream for a week, something seems off to me.

If update is actually delayed tomorrow too, the lawsuit will remain in the back of my mind. Orders from above. Sony? Wait until the injunction ruling? Perhaps there's some sort of nonrefundable initial cost or fee to get it listed on Steam that we're unaware of, only for the carpet to be pulled from underneath possibly in 30 days?

Then again, it could just be incompetent planning and we get an update and stream a week later.  ;D

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 26, 2021, 07:54:13 PM
Then again, it could just be incompetent planning and we get an update and stream a week later.  ;D

It is Illfonic after all.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 26, 2021, 08:08:34 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 26, 2021, 07:54:13 PM

It is Illfonic after all.

Who would have ever thought that incompetence could be such a reassuring hope against a hypothetical doom.

:laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Something I posted in Illfonic's Forums:

- - -

Just something to think about:

In the Thomas Brothers complaint against Disney/20th Century Pictures, the Thomas Brothers say they are entitled to a preliminary injunction (a full stop) on any new Predator works after April 17, 2021 (the effective termination date). I believe it's very possible that new, especially chargeable Anniversary DLC of this game, could perhaps qualify.

So if the judge rules in favor of the preliminary injunction on the day of the motion hearing (i.e. May , 27th), it's not new content that will be stopped from that day in May, but new content that will be stopped from the 17th of April.

So if the Anniversary update is applicable, and if the preliminary injunction is enforced, I wonder how difficult would it be to immediately by court order retroactively de-update the game? Illfonic may have been instructed by Disney legal, Sony legal, and/or their own legal representation to hold off and to not comment.

I can't say I know what's going on behind the scenes at Illfonic. I don't. I can't confirm any of this is happening with any kind of certainty. But after seeing so many people rip Illfonic a new a**hole this past day or so, I at least feel we should really be open to the possibility that this time, this ordeal, might not be Illfonic's fault.

Just something to chew on.

🤞 With that said, regardless of how realistic or unrealistic this wish turns out to be, here's hoping none of these legal issues are impacting the game, and the update still somehow comes out this week!

Samhain13

Samhain13

If only they could at least say something, that's another problem, they can't communicate well with the player base. They have chosen to be silent and ignore any questions instead of communicating with people and giving us any update on this.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 27, 2021, 02:48:06 PM
If only they could at least say something, that's another problem, they can't communicate well with the player base. They have chosen to be silent and ignore any questions instead of communicating with people and giving us any update on this.

Well legal can be instructing them not to comment perhaps, but you're absolutely right. Communication has always been an issue of theirs.

So even if this one particular time Illfonic has been instructed not to communicate by their legal department, their communication skills has been so bad all the time, who would fault anyone from assuming this time was just Illfonic's usual lack of communication again. It's the boy cried wolf scenario.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Just telling us if the update is still coming this week or not would be enough. They don't have to go deep on the why but after the tweet about "newness" coming, the 1 year anniversary big thing then deleting it afterwards and now canceling the dev stream while pretending nothing is happening is making them look pretty bad. If they already knew before something was going to prevent the update being released they shouldn't have to bring to much expectation into it.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, that's fair.

Mr.Turok

Its just disgusting that people are resorting to toxic behavior, slinging shit at the workers themselves. I get the anger but the entitlement that some of these people are displaying on reddit and the forums is vile.

PAS Spinelli

Ridge and Voodoo stop trying to reason with the Illfonic Forums these people will soon start calling you 2 of bootlickers lol

acrediblesource

The empty social experience there makes people incredibly fustrated and fustrating. Lots of people are trying to steer that fanship to be more organized. Unfortuntately you cant stop the mentally unwell.

Samhain13

Samhain13

There is a goddamn clown meme spamming on the Illfonic PHG foruns right now. This whole situation is just turning me off from playing this game. Might be time for another break.

Voodoo Magic

I still enjoy playing it. What freshened it up for me some was do something different than the classes I usually play, i.e. Assault, Support, Dutch 84, Dutch 2025, Harrigan 1999 (Assault), Dante... 

So lately I've been trying to master Recon and getting a kick out of it.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Public matches have become boring for me, its fun to play while talking on discord with others but when you go with a full team you kill most Predators in under a minute, if you go solo you have to babysit 3 other FT while having to fight the Predator 1x1 and you can still even win in that situation most of the times. As Predator you can get FTs that you can kill in 1 minute or into lobbies against premades abusing the most OP stuff the FT has with 200 ping where it lags to even use cloak. The gap between these 2 is too big.

Privates while rotating who is Predator is where most of the fun is , the Predator is always the host with best ping so he can have a chance, you don't have to worry about waiting to find a match, just make a lobby and thats it. But ever since they added specs for FT the number of players willing to play as Predator against full PC premade squads have become very low and finding the 5th guy takes a while sometimes. The challenge to play as Predator can be exciting but also frustating after a while, even though playing as Predator in this game is really fun. And the possibilty of no more new content is dismotivating me.

RidgeTop

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Apr 27, 2021, 08:35:27 PM
Ridge and Voodoo stop trying to reason with the Illfonic Forums these people will soon start calling you 2 of bootlickers lol

I straight up said in the forum that Illfonic screwed themselves.

They are a wild bunch over there. I do not envy their staff moderators nor who ends up being their new community coordinator that they're looking for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed