Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 103,637 times)

Galactus123

Galactus123

One week left! I wonder if the people who have pre-ordered can pre-download the game on PS4.

shadowedge

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 17, 2020, 11:54:05 AM
As a Predator using thermal vision, from long distances I did experience some difficulty at times identifying and separating AI from Player. Often it was how the players moved was the giveaway. Maybe this was the intention?

That's how I figured out who was human and who was ai too in thermal vision. Watched their moment!

molasar

Gemini

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 15, 2020, 07:13:43 PM

You just described the 1987 film, Gemini!  ;D

https://media.giphy.com/media/9WXyFIDv2PyBq/giphy.gif

so I did :)
i guess that's the key- whatever elements that Predator contained to make it rise above other generic action movies.. that's what they need to put in the game to make it rise above other shooters!

with regards to balancing, the good thing about modern gaming is they can just keep tweaking the balance as they go along with patches. I think fighting games do that a lot now as do similar games like Friday the 13th and Dead by Daylight

molasar

Quote from: Gemini on Apr 18, 2020, 11:17:11 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 15, 2020, 07:13:43 PM

You just described the 1987 film, Gemini!  ;D

https://media.giphy.com/media/9WXyFIDv2PyBq/giphy.gif
with regards to balancing, the good thing about modern gaming is they can just keep tweaking the balance as they go along with patches. I think fighting games do that a lot now as do similar games like Friday the 13th and Dead by Daylight

The balancing adjustments can be done only for active player base as a group (based on observations and feedback), not individuals. In other words if you were not a part of the group, you can still find the game unbalanced. Therefore periodical updates are the only way.

shadowedge

Corporal Hicks

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2020, 04:11:46 PM
Anyone listened to it yet? Haven't had the chance.

Yes, it is very short. About 10 mins long. They just confirmed that they work on all issues (bugs, balancing, optimization, etc.) and the trial at its release was not even a current version they had. Some issues were already fixed.

bendinglight

Quote from: molasar on Apr 19, 2020, 09:17:32 PM

Yes, it is very short. About 10 mins long. They just confirmed that they work on all issues (bugs, balancing, optimization, etc.) and the trial at its release was not even a current version they had. Some issues were already fixed.

I found it interesting to hear the interviewees giving some minor insight into how the developers are continuing to work through the COVID-19 restrictions - selfishly, it is good to hear that the shelter-in-place orders haven't impacted the launch date (with that being said, I hope everyone on AvP Galaxy, members and staff, are staying safe during this time).

As stated by molasar, the trial weekend was leveraging an old build of the game. Will be exciting to see the final build and how quickly the team will be able to turn around patches or online updates on the back-end. There was a focus on the Predator being under-powered and that they are continuing the balancing of the fire team and Predator.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

He did not really sound all that clear and that was what it sounded like....but from another written account of this interview they write it like "as of today we are already 2 weeks from that version of release and they have already fixed issues that they had just found out about after reviewing the feedback(as of the current day). Thereby meaning they worked things out even during and after the trial's release. They also said they will also work until release day and there after.Hope we do get the latest build on the release day and not have to download the release and then redownload a patch on day 1. I don't want to spend all day long waiting to download 50gigs then have them release a 25gb patch or something.

I bet you there is yet further balancing mechanics we aren't aware of considering the many gear and mods that we couldn't access. I could bet that they've got balancing covered well before the trial was released.

Quote from: bendinglight on Apr 19, 2020, 09:32:38 PM

I found it interesting to hear the interviewees giving some minor insight into how the developers are continuing to work through the COVID-19 restrictions - selfishly, it is good to hear that the shelter-in-place orders haven't impacted the launch date (with that being said, I hope everyone on AvP Galaxy, members and staff, are staying safe during this time).

As stated by molasar, the trial weekend was leveraging an old build of the game. Will be exciting to see the final build and how quickly the team will be able to turn around patches or online updates on the back-end. There was a focus on the Predator being under-powered and that they are continuing the balancing of the fire team and Predator.

bendinglight

Quote from: acrediblesource on Apr 19, 2020, 09:32:46 PM

He did not really sound all that clear and that was what it sounded like....but from another written account of this interview they write it like "as of today we are already 2 weeks from that version of release and they have already fixed issues that they had just found out about after reviewing the feedback(as of the current day). Thereby meaning they worked things out even during and after the trial's release. They also said they will also work until release day and there after.Hope we do get the latest build on the release day and not have to download the release and then redownload a patch on day 1. I don't want to spend all day long waiting to download 50gigs then have them release a 25gb patch or something.

I bet you there is yet further balancing mechanics we aren't aware of considering the many gear and mods that we couldn't access. I could bet that they've got balancing covered well before the trial was released.

Agreed - from the sounds of it, there has been numerous things accounted for on the final build. It is good that they are aware of the issues experienced by players and validating the tweaks/updates within the gold build.

molasar

I would rather call it the launch built and the one which won't receive anymore updates the final one.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Quote from: molasar on Apr 18, 2020, 03:22:24 AM
Predator: Hunting Grounds interview with Illfonic

https://soundcloud.com/playstation/official-playstation-podcast-episode-361-remade#t=15:15

Sure. I listened to the podcast.

Illfonic said that they received a lot of feedback from fans on YouTube, the forums, etc. Especially about the Predator being underpowered. They said that internal data from people playing showed that towards the end of the trial the win rate was about 50/50 after people started learning how to play as the Predator.

The trial was based off of a then 6 week old build and there have been balance and optimization changes since.

That are working from home due to quarantine to get everything ready. It has already gone gold. They are planning on supporting the game a lot post release too! Not just release it and abandon it.

Galactus123

Few days left. I hope there is going to be a launch trailer.

Voodoo Magic

They seriously need to start promoting the return of this guy if the rumors are true. Don't wait till Friday!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed