Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 107,124 times)

bobby brown

How do we know they are not working on a feral class? this is how they released stuff before, Mr. Black mask came before the actual class.

BlueMarsalis79

Because it's clearly on life support at this point.

Kailem

BlueMarsalis79

I would not expect anything further aside from bug fixes.

Kailem

I'm still hoping we get the two or three other Predators that were datamined earlier this year, but that's the absolute "best case scenario" limit of my expectations.

To be honest I'm pleasantly surprised we're even getting Feral's mask as I figured there wouldn't any tie-ins to Prey whatsoever.

Wweyland

The Lone Wolf Mode was datamined as well, right? Would have liked that as their final outing.

Kailem

Yeah but that was so long ago that most people figure it was something they tried and then abandoned. The new Predators were only datamined at the beginning of the year (or late last year, I forget which) along with Wolf and Emissary, both of which indeed came out. So there's a chance we might still see those others as the final major updates/DLC releases for the game.

davewesker

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 18, 2022, 10:44:19 AMBecause it's clearly on life support at this point.
Games beyond life support.illfonic doesn't care and have moved on. Hell on Preys release date they posted on their socials about arcadegeddon. With all the hype around Preythey could have used that to promote their game but they focused on their free lootbox cash grab.
Took a week for them to go a mask is coming.

Leggs.obj

Quote from: davewesker on Aug 21, 2022, 12:18:43 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 18, 2022, 10:44:19 AMBecause it's clearly on life support at this point.
Games beyond life support.illfonic doesn't care and have moved on. Hell on Preys release date they posted on their socials about arcadegeddon. With all the hype around Preythey could have used that to promote their game but they focused on their free lootbox cash grab.

You realize that Illfonic doesn't get any sort of inside information about Prey because they made a predator game, right? Like they probably had to MAKE that helmet AFTER release and get it ready to show off during that week.   

davewesker

davewesker

Quote from: Leggs.stl on Aug 21, 2022, 03:43:27 AM

You realize that Illfonic doesn't get any sort of inside information about Prey because they made a predator game, right? Like they probably had to MAKE that helmet AFTER release and get it ready to show off during that week.   

That's rubbish. The ferel pred was revealed way before it came out. People release artwork for months.

The point is on the lead up to the films release they didn't post anything about Predator or Prey so clearly don't care about the franchise.

And if they didn't make the mask until AFTER the film was released like you say how bad are they that they only take a week to make new content but only release a mask and shaders every 2 months?

Leggs.obj

Quote from: davewesker on Aug 21, 2022, 05:25:17 PM
Quote from: Leggs.stl on Aug 21, 2022, 03:43:27 AM

That's rubbish. The ferel pred was revealed way before it came out. People release artwork for months.

The point is on the lead up to the films release they didn't post anything about Predator or Prey so clearly don't care about the franchise.

And if they didn't make the mask until AFTER the film was released like you say how bad are they that they only take a week to make new content but only release a mask and shaders every 2 months?

Game Industry =/= Film Industry you can't look at one and try to find correlation in another. They can't just decide to put the new films Predator into their game, there needs to be all kinds of legalese/permissions behind something like this. Hunting Grounds was released in 2019, its been 3 years which is a lifetime in PvP multiplayer games, Illfonic is a gaming studio, not a predator studio, they HAVE to make new games to stay in business.

Can we FULL STOP talking shit about Illfonic and acting like they NEED to "fix" the game, when theres literally less than 500 people ever playing it at once?

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

There's not "literally less" than 500 players in this game, if you want to look at Steam charts, then your argument is purposely flawed to create a false narrative. Steam makes up less than 1/5 of the players I found in the last 5 days I've been playing the game, the majority of the playerbase are from EGS and Playstation, and they far outnumber the Steam players for this game, SPECIALLY the Playstation side of the community.
 If we are to take the fact that Steam players make up around 1/10 of the active playerbase seeing how rare they are to find, that would mean that the game has at least 2k+ players at the moment.

Also, Illfonic has ALWAYS been neglectful when it comes to this game. Lack of proper weapon variety, lack of new gamemodes, lack of bug fixing and communication, this isn't a new feeling, it's been there since the first few months of release, also they have continuously failed to follow their promises, Captured is just JH, to the point he uses the exact same assets, which goes against their "no preorder content avaliable to other people" bs, and they also failed to deliver all the promised War Paints in time.

Leggs.obj

That simply isn't true though, if 2000 people were actively playing a 15minute round the game would be near the top of the most played games on Playstation. It simply isn't the case, the game only sold about 65k copies, and after 3 years every where that even rudimentarily shows a player count consistently shows less than 500 at one time.

Game development pipelines again are not 1:1 with what the audience perceives or whatever dataminers find in the game files, barring the fact that Illfonic is not a large scale game dev, with >120 employees its absolutely understandable that content gets cut. I understand that its frustrating to play a game that isnt perfectly optimized or balanced, but there just isnt the devpower to just "fix" the game. As far as them releasing the Captured predator, the biggest consistent complaint ive ever seen in the game is that the JH was a preorder release, so of course theyre going to find a work around and still honor the preorder.

Look I love this game, for what it is, a small arcade style PvP game. But its so dreadful to keep seeing nothing but negative comments about this game from fans who refuse to see the forest for the trees.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Now you are just bullshitting lol, Steam players are rare, there are 250ish of them playing the game rn. There is no way in hell they make up 50% of this game's active playerbase.

Here is my source btw
https://steamdb.info/app/1556200/graphs/
The game has consistently been having 250 active players at once for the last few days, keep in mind these are the players you see the least in game, I've seen one exactly once after player 15 matches the other day.

Leggs.obj

Leggs.obj

it would appear there are more Steam players than PS4 players. Regardless, 354 players does not mean that its financially feasible to allocate more resources to the game, especially when the other titles they own are doing rather well by comparison. Not to mention that they're working on another asymmetrical multiplayer IP game, I fail to see the point you are trying to make about hanging on the player count, if it was substantial enough changes would have been made a long time ago. As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10722-predator-hunting-grounds

EDIT: Make no mistake, I DO wish this game was better, and i agree Hunting Grounds is in a rather disappointing state right now, but its not fair to willfully ignore a companies desire to pay their employees by focusing on other games.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed