NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,262 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 30, 2019, 11:26:42 PM
Since you like brown xenos, did you get the Defiance Drone? It looks badass. It's the closest thing we've ever had to a Praetorian in figure form.

The Defiance one isn't that brown save for a few spots. I got it due to its resemblance to a Praetorian, its also taller than average so it can pass as one.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Huh. Mine must be different. It's got a lot of brown dry brushing.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Absolutely! They really do fill in as praetorians perfectly. I'm not sure what they're supposed to be in the comic, as I never read it, but I think they look great. I have two of them, and they're definitely brown.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Jan 31, 2019, 02:23:34 AM
Absolutely! They really do fill in as praetorians perfectly. I'm not sure what they're supposed to be in the comic, as I never read it, but I think they look great. I have two of them, and they're definitely brown.

In my understanding of the comic, as I have not read it either...they are a caste of xeno that forms in the eventuality that no queen is present to make eggs. No spoilers, but they...adapt around that issue.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 30, 2019, 01:50:05 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 30, 2019, 01:35:41 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 30, 2019, 06:14:04 AM
I finally got my hands on the Ultimate Blue Aliens Warrior, I dig it a lot. I think my only "complaint" is that the shins seem like they could warp easily and make the figure not stand straight - the prior Aliens Warriors had this problem, and it doesn't look like it's been improved.

I'm on the fence on if I like this figure more than the "domed" Aliens Warrior from the Burke two-pack, I really think that's a neat blend of the Alien/Aliens designs.

The domed warrior is my favorite, it has the best of both worlds and even though I really like the rigged warrior head, this one looks so elegant all thanks to the dome, paint job and proportions.

So you like transparent or opaque domes better?
I go back and forth, but I think the opaque dome on the Burke two-pack Alien looks fantastic.

And for the Kenner Gorilla Alien remake, I really dig the translucent dome so you can see the gorilla skull, but I display it with the opaque dome because it's more "accurate" to the old Kenner toy.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 30, 2019, 06:00:50 PM
eh, it'll be the only Pred-Alien available until they get around to the one from AVP2010 so I'll take it.

Has Randy ever spoken about doing concept Pred-Aliens? I'd love to see them do Dorman's/Dual's.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 31, 2019, 08:22:35 AM
eh, it'll be the only Pred-Alien available until they get around to the one from AVP2010 so I'll take it.

Has Randy ever spoken about doing concept Pred-Aliens? I'd love to see them do Dorman's/Dual's.
This 100% ^

I'd love to see the Dorman predalien over the AVP:R one.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Jan 31, 2019, 12:01:05 PM

This 100% ^

I'd love to see the Dorman predalien over the AVP:R one.

What does that look like?

The Old One

The Old One

https://monsterlegacy.net/2015/08/25/starbeast-aliens-vs-predator-requiem-the-predalien/

Spoiler
IMO Not, in fact perfect- but still miles ahead of the Requiem atrocity.
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I always liked the 2010 AVP design the most.

SiL

SiL

I'll take Dorman's any day.

Dorman's with a regular Alien head, but his mandible face -- even better.

I appreciate it's overly spiky, but in visual terms it would help separate it from a regular Alien without resorting to bitch tits or dreadlocks.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed SIL.

The 2010 PredAlien's awful too,
just a different flavour of awful.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Ooooohhhhhh. Now that is beautiful. Much better than Requiem and dare I say, better than AVP 2010 videogame. And that was my favorite predalien design. Until now.

In case those haven't seen it, 2010's Predalien:

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I haven't seen it mentioned on any of the other forums, honestly I don't think anyone's asked him (a lot of people are currently focused on the Resurrection line and Wolf 2.0). It'd be cool if they did do something like that.

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 31, 2019, 12:58:18 PM
Agreed SIL.

The 2010 PredAlien's awful too,
just a different flavour of awful.

Ehhhh I like it. It's better than Chet. Are there any Predaliens you like? Maybe the one from Duel?

SiL

SiL

The Duel one is just Dorman's design.

The only thing worse than Chet was the concept art for Chet where it was an eyeless, naked Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed