[Exclusive] Aliens : Colonial Marines PC System Requirements and Steam Pre-purchase Announced

Started by ikarop, Jan 14, 2013, 01:02:00 AM

Author
[Exclusive] Aliens : Colonial Marines PC System Requirements and Steam Pre-purchase Announced (Read 42,007 times)

Space Voyager

Well damn, it seems as though my comp will actually be able to run this... It will probably look like Minecraft but...

The Necronoir

Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2013, 05:32:19 AM
Odd.  20GB and 8GB is a pretty big difference.

Games often need a much greater amount of space to 'unpack' during installation than the files actually take up in the end.

Also, there's no real point in comparing the installation size of games as a reflection upon game length or content. There are a lot of factors that affect this, such as the efficiency of the data compression used, the use of individual vs tessellated world textures, and the basic game engine.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

System Requirements now being released there will probably be a few people that aren't primarily pc gamers that don't know if they can run it.

So hopefully someone that knows can help me out, and others that don't know can post there setups here.  I think the picture that I have posted is enough? If not I'd be willing to get more about my pc

If it helps I can play games lke hitman abolution fairly well and games of that ilk
Thanks for any and all help, looking forward to pre-order this as soon as possible, hopefully on pc.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Cool, thanks for that.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

????

I am asking if my pc can run it. Not stuffing my pc setup down peoples faces. It is a fair question to ask.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Jan 14, 2013, 11:41:45 AM
????

I am asking if my pc can run it. Not stuffing my pc setup down peoples faces. It is a fair question to ask.

Oh, sorry I totally read that wrong. I thought you were saying you COULD run it and using hitman as a marker to indicate that.

Sorry ><

szkoki

Quote from: Predaker on Jan 14, 2013, 02:38:03 AM
Quote from: szkoki on Jan 14, 2013, 02:26:54 AM
its an action game so 5-6 hours top

It's not just pure action or pure horror. It's uniquely Aliens.

Also, they said the campaign is 10+ hours.

lets hope but then it has to be any good so it can keep me at my comp

acrediblesource

Im sitting pretty with my HD7950 3GB no worries here running at max settings if not at least quality anti alias.   ho hum.  ::)
20GB HD space is pretty heavy. I'm not sure if i could run much else on my SSD. heh , blazing fast SSD.  ;D and quad core.
yummy

AVP-CAPCOM

This is a good website in regards to PC gaming requirements.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

It scans your hardware and tells the minimum spec-reccomended and your PC stats all in one screen and tells you which areas of your PC need an upgrade if any.

I am often surprised which games I can and can't run.

Unfortunately no listing/scan available for ALIENS- COLONIAL MARINES just yet but stay tuned.  ;)

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Jan 14, 2013, 11:18:03 AM
System Requirements now being released there will probably be a few people that aren't primarily pc gamers that don't know if they can run it.

So hopefully someone that knows can help me out, and others that don't know can post there setups here.  I think the picture that I have posted is enough? If not I'd be willing to get more about my pc

http://i50.tinypic.com/34f1i5z.png
If it helps I can play games lke hitman abolution fairly well and games of that ilk
Thanks for any and all help, looking forward to pre-order this as soon as possible, hopefully on pc.

I think if you can run Hitman: Absolution you should be able to run this just fine.

Aliens basically has the same system specs as Borderlands 2.

QuotePC System Requirements - Borderlands 2 wiki
Minimum Requirements
Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
Memory: 2 GB(XP)/ 2 GB(Vista)
Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free
Video Memory: 256 MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 /ATI Radeon HD 2600
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
Recommended
Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad Core processor
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free
Video Memory: 512MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon HD 5850
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

szkoki

intresting tool but cant get it work right away...awhhh i forget it just another thing i can mess with rather than preparing for my exam

ikarop

Griffith

I'm sorry if someone asked this before, but does the PC version will come with the extra stuff announced with the collectors edition for xbox and ps3 because that's the only and main reason I'm getting it for console, for people like me who doesn't live in US we have to wait about 2 weeks for the retailers to make international shippings so if steam will deliver the extra stuff anounced with the CE I'm getting this baby for download the moment it comes available.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: shadowedge on Jan 14, 2013, 02:18:10 AM
I may need to upgrade my videocard since I have a Radeon HD 5770.

It seems like this is going to be one MASSIVE game! 20 GB of data is twice that of AVP 2010. Skyrim was only 6GB. I wonder how long this game is going to be.
Yeah, I was thinking my dad and I are gonna need to upgrade, too. lol I have the 5750, and he has the 5770. :P

Quote from: Griffith on Jan 14, 2013, 06:51:59 PM
I'm sorry if someone asked this before, but does the PC version will come with the extra stuff announced with the collectors edition for xbox and ps3 because that's the only and main reason I'm getting it for console, for people like me who doesn't live in US we have to wait about 2 weeks for the retailers to make international shippings so if steam will deliver the extra stuff anounced with the CE I'm getting this baby for download the moment it comes available.
I want to know this, too. I really want all the CE/pre-order DLC.

I see Steam has updated their game page so that the S.H.A.R.P. Rifle is available as a pre-order bonus, but nothing on the Competitive Multiplayer Pack. Does anyone know if A:CM uses Steam regardless of which digital distributor you purchase it from (like how AVP did)?

I'm so irritated the US market is getting shafted with the PC CE again (no word on the Wii U version either; which doesn't bode well). :-\

wonkyfunk303

no mac version... well that sucks ;-) although i do have a ps3 or an xbox to try it on....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed