Michael Biehn - It's Going to Happen

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 01, 2016, 07:42:33 PM

Author
Michael Biehn - It's Going to Happen (Read 12,067 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm not front paging this because it's nothing really new - http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonthompson/2016/08/01/michael-biehn-talks-aliens-30th-anniversary-his-production-company-and-his-alien-future/#39f5e6f41063

QuoteST: Will we see you and Sigourney Weaver on screen together again?

MB: Do you want to long version of the short version? When you think about Aliens, that final third part of the movie is about Sigourney's character, Ripley, saving Newt and my character, Hicks, helping her. To have Newt and I gone when the third one started, I think, immediately turned off a lot of fans from the franchise. To me, it didn't work and neither did the fourth film or Alien vs Predator movies so I thought the franchise was dead. I got a call a few years ago from Neill Blomkamp and my agent say he wants to put me in his new movie, he was interested in me playing the antagonist and could I film myself doing a scene for him – it didn't feel like an audition. I thought I did a pretty good job but I got a call from my agent saying I didn't get the part and I was surprised because I thought he wanted me to be in it. I was disappointed, I've been disappointed before when I didn't get a part and with things like Avatar and the third Alien movie, but the next thing I hear is that Sigourney Weaver is doing the movie. I looked it up on IMDB and she was doing the part that I guess I was auditioning for! I was like, 'Sigourney, you're killing me!'.

ST: He's working on an Alien-related project so what about that?

MB: Well, she's doing the movie, Chappie, and he pitches her an idea for another movie in the Alien franchise, which I thought was dead and gone as she probably did too as well as Fox. He tweeted out some pictures of me, he said he's going take the third and fourth film and act like they never happened and things blew up. It looked like it was all go and then Ridley Scott decided that he was going to do a second and third film in the Prometheus series, but Sigourney says they are still doing their project. I think it would be very embarrassing to Fox if they don't give Sigourney the movie that she really wants to go out on. I don't know when it's going to happen but I know it's going to happen and I know I'm going to be in it and there's going to be a new Newt, she's going to be about 26 or 27 and looks a lot like Jennifer Lawrence to me but I don't know. Maybe there'll be a passing of whatever and then the franchise can move on so they can make more money because that's what it's all about.

BishopShouldGo

Thank you Michael and Sigourney for continually stoking this fire. I want the film to happen, but just can't picture where it would fit release-date wise.

Covenant
A5
Covenant Sequel
Covenant Sequel

?

That just seems so messy to me.

I could picture:

Covenant - 2017
Covenant Sequel - 2019
Covenant Sequel - 2021
Alien 5 - 2023

And by that time Sigourney would be 74, and Michael would be 67. Which is fine, because Harrison is 74 and is doing a new Indiana Jones movie. Additionally, the age thing has never been an issue with me, so it's mystifying why it's an issue with others. A) They're acting B) They don't have to be in action-heavy roles or scenes C) Enlist a young, A-list actress for Newt to accompany them, a'la Winona Ryder being paired with Sigourney on Resurrection.

The only thing is that alcohol clearly has done a number on Michael. Seems like he would have trouble reading lines. That could be awkward.

Corporal Hicks

I think the second option is the more realistic at the minute. Assuming Covenant actually does well, I mean. Perhaps Weaver can make some sort of deal with Fox and Cameron so she is released to work on Alienkamp after Neill is finished The Gone World. Perhaps the best we could hope for is for them to film sometime around 2019/20 and release whenever.

Master

I still hope this one won't happen.  Not now, not ever.

Since D9 I wanted Blokamp to do Alien film. Just not this particular Alien film.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Master on Aug 08, 2016, 07:07:18 PM
I still hope this one won't happen.  Not now, not ever.

Since D9 I wanted Blokamp to do Alien film. Just not this particular Alien film.

Agreed!

Scorpio

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 01, 2016, 07:50:01 PM
Thank you Michael and Sigourney for continually stoking this fire. I want the film to happen, but just can't picture where it would fit release-date wise.

Covenant
A5
Covenant Sequel
Covenant Sequel

?

That just seems so messy to me.

I could picture:

Covenant - 2017
Covenant Sequel - 2019
Covenant Sequel - 2021
Alien 5 - 2023

No guarantee for Covenant sequels.  Alien Resurrection was supposed to have sequels but that didn't pan out (also A:R was a sequel to a movie with mixed critical reception like Prometheus).  I can see them making Alien 5 regardless, just like how they made AVP after A:R.

Perfect-Organism

Glad to hear Michael Biehn is still so stoked about this movie and that he clearly believes it is going to happen.  I am actually more excited for this than for Covenant, but I'll take them all...

SM

SM

Prometheus didn't have a mixed reaction.
Nor did Alien3.

g2vd

g2vd

I would say you all could make a drinking game out of every time they say "Alien 5 Will Happen!" but you all would get alcohol poisoning. :D

The Alien Predator

Quote from: g2vd on Aug 09, 2016, 10:19:19 PM
I would say you all could make a drinking game out of every time they say "Alien 5 Will Happen!" but you all would get alcohol poisoning. :D

LOL!

So bloody true!

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Aug 09, 2016, 06:15:56 AM
Prometheus didn't have a mixed reaction.
Nor did Alien3.

Yes they did.

PsyKore

The only thing is that alcohol clearly has done a number on Michael. Seems like he would have trouble reading lines. That could be awkward.

They could probably write his drinking into the script. Seems understandable someone would probably develop a drinking problem after seeing their whole squad wiped out by Aliens.

SM

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 10, 2016, 12:30:56 AM

They could probably write his drinking into the script. Seems understandable someone would probably develop a drinking problem after seeing their whole squad wiped out by Aliens.

Yes, that works.  Sad as that may be.  Hicks had a drinking problem in the Verheiden series.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 10, 2016, 12:30:56 AM

They did it in the Verheiden comics and I think that worked really well. Assuming it's not a sensitive subject for Biehn, it'd make sense and probably work really well having it in the film too. It's a completely understandable reaction.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed