The Predator Full Trailer

Started by Gazz, Jun 26, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

Author
The Predator Full Trailer (Read 58,981 times)

Actual Hybrid

Actual Hybrid

Quote from: Quinn McKenna on Jul 02, 2018, 07:36:35 PM
For god sake, somebody has to make a new Predator or Alien movie a bonafide hit. There's every chance that man is Shane Black. Calling it now, HIT!

Calling it now, double to left field. (Shane bats switch)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Sadly, Black's films apart from Iron Man 3 have bombed. Which is a shame, as Kiss Kiss and Nice Guys are great.

MudButt

MudButt

I don't see this bombing, unless it's god awful. It won't do Iron Man 3 numbers but September is a good month for this to release. Not much competition at all, and if the reviews are any good it will definitely help. I can't imagine the budget on this being over 70-80 million either. It'll probably have to make over 200 million to be considered a success. (going off of my assumed budget, I could be wrong and they could've blown some money on this thing).

If the marketing amps up in Late August/Early September and the reviews are solid this thing could open up to about 40-50 million domestically. I hope so anyways. I want to see more Predator flicks.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

If they do decent marketing this movie should open north of 100 million. One would think.

Huggs

Huggs

Put me down for 24m on the low side and 58m for the high on opening. I don't see it passing 258m to 300m total. Yeah, I'm lowballin', but hey, somebody's gotta do it.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh this will clear 50M even if it is bad and at the moment it actually looks great.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 02, 2018, 10:10:28 PM
Oh this will clear 50M even if it is bad and at the moment it actually looks great.

I'm operating under 10th man protocols here.  ;)

MudButt

MudButt

I can't see it getting anywhere near 100 million but I'd love to be proven wrong on that.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

To get that kind of initial buzz you need a trailer that actually sells the movie with that sense of scope and energy.

The Predator trailers are frankly... Low juice. Low energy. Here's a shot, there's a shot. No real sense of a direction or a focus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ptPtxWJRs

Theme, focus, rising, pay off. Regardless of the movie behind them, in their times these trailers got the audiences excited. Asses in seats.

The Predator trailers are meandering clip shows that don't have a central drive or a sense of building/rising tension/energy. Here's this character, here's this explosion, Predator shot, character shot, predator shot.

Just look at that Prometheus trailer. How many people white knuckled their office chairs watching that and going "Holy shit the old man has pulled it off!"

The Mummy, taking a nod from it's old universal days has the trailer narrator invite you. Why? Because this is going to be a film you don't want to miss.

300? "This is going to be one wild night." That's such a meta line, speaking to the audience, again. You don't want to miss this. It's going to be an experience.

One last one, for the road, again from the sister franchise:

Again, it's a cohesive rising action. Starting ominous, shifting to marshal atmosphere, rising tension, the choral cries, the motion tracker fading in, over lapping dialogue, rising still, motion tracker reaches pitch, overlapping dialogue turns to shouting, BAM, explosion still rising, until the reveal of the Queen Alien. ALIENS - This Time It's War. The tagline that's going to stick with you. It's all seamless end to end and it does not let the under current tension die from the start of the trailer to the end.

Though, I must admit a lot of my issues with The Predator trailer(s) are also issues I have with the way modern trailers are "generated."

Highland

Highland

Doesn't matter what it does, we will be here in 5 years talking about the next one.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Highland on Jul 03, 2018, 01:57:33 AM
Doesn't matter what it does, we will be here in 5 years talking about the next one.

It's gonna take that long eh? I wouldn't doubt it.

Actual Hybrid

Actual Hybrid

September 14th is perfect.  Gotta hunch this things gonna have legs all the way through October $$$

frenchfries

frenchfries

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 02, 2018, 07:47:25 PM
Sadly, Black's films apart from Iron Man 3 have bombed. Which is a shame, as Kiss Kiss and Nice Guys are great.
Finally decided to watch the nice guys a few days ago and man was I blown away. It really gives me faith for this flick. At this point, I just want a good movie even if it ends up being too comedic. Btw anyone know where I could read this script that everyone keeps talking about?

funk_master_chunk

Nice Guys is brilliant, IMO.

The "You guys wanna see my dick?" line had me in actual tears. I cried laughing for a good 5 minutes at that.

KKBB is also brilliant. Val Kilmer, especially, is outstanding in it.

There's also a documentary coming out called Wolfman's got nards about the cult following of Monster Squad.

Black certainly has form for good-to-great cult movies; so if this turns out to be one of those, I'd be thrilled.

Magegg

Magegg

The Predator looks dated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed