Mortal Kombat X (2015)

Started by RazorSlash, May 28, 2014, 09:30:43 PM

Author
Mortal Kombat X (2015) (Read 175,977 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 04, 2015, 06:46:28 PM
I don't play Mortal Kombat but considering that this Alien design so closely matches a Tartaran, is it possible that this is just going to be a clone of another character already in the series rather than its own unique character?

If that is the case, then MK and ALIEN fans have a right to be pissed.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

As an Alien fan I feel cheated and insulted. why couldn't they just give us the original Alien: the one we all know and love? why give us this fan-fiction bullshit?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Dec 04, 2015, 08:06:30 PM
As an Alien fan I feel cheated and insulted. why couldn't they just give us the original Alien: the one we all know and love? why give us this fan-fiction bullshit?

Ask Ed Boon on Twitter.

Seems like Predator fans got the better end of the deal. I mean.. the idea of a Tarkatan-Alien could've worked but the design seems to be quite off. Now I'm hearing rumors that this is just Baraka, re-labled as the Alien and given an Alien skin.. If that is the case... both sides do have every right to be pissed.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Is this really even licensed?  I mean wasn't there a game way back when called xenomorph that tried to imitate Aliens, without a license from 20th CF?

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 04, 2015, 08:46:18 PM
Is this really even licensed?  I mean wasn't there a game way back when called xenomorph that tried to imitate Aliens, without a license from 20th CF?

Wait, really? I never heard of this. I gotta have a look at it.

Are you talking about this one, Perfect Organism?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Dec 04, 2015, 08:58:08 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 04, 2015, 08:46:18 PM

Wait, really? I never heard of this. I gotta have a look at it.

Are you talking about this one, Perfect Organism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPrMz1SrAhI

Yes, I think so.  I vaguely recall seeing it in an arcade back in those days...

Mike

Mike

Some people are just never satisfied with ANYTHING. We got Alien which is so badass! But people will always cut the fun around the corners. Doesn't effect me one bit, but this is the honest truth. I can't wait to play as Alien! :D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I hope we will see a better look of the design soon. It's possible that they could change it over time.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

It is definitely not the final design, when KP1 was announced it showed early models as well. How much is it gonna change though is hard to tell. And don't expect anything soon, if it's anything like the first KP we will get a trailer about week before character release.

Griffith

Griffith

Well....at least they had the tail right.

Space Invader

Space Invader

Hope we get the classic 1979 Alien.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Super Predator on Dec 05, 2015, 03:04:12 AM
Hope we get the classic 1979 Alien.

We may, assuming that these variations allow us to have that.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Guest fighters won't get skins. I think Ed said something that they would have to pay the license holders double the price. Leatherface is own by Lionsgate, Fox owns both Alien and Predator while Jason is in the hands of Paramount now.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I'm liking these guest fighters, finally we're getting classic movie icons in a beat em up :)

I actually wrote to Ocean many many years ago (90's) with a game idea for having a selection of movie characters in one fighter. Characters like Ripley, Predator, Snake Plissken, Robocop, Boba Fett etc...but I was told the rights issues would be impossible to overcome.

So this is really cool, not sure about the Alien though. Personally, seeing as they already have Jason and now Leatherface, I would of thought the obvious choices would now be Ash, Pinhead, Michael Myers, Pumpkinhead, Pennywise, Candyman, Leprechaun and Chucky :D

And bring back Freddy.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

They almost likely redesign Alien just to have his body work in the game. His head and body would make it hard for x-rays and fatalities.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed