Lighting Problems during BTS clip!

Started by echobbase79, May 13, 2017, 10:42:07 PM

Author
Lighting Problems during BTS clip! (Read 1,645 times)

echobbase79

Daniel Pearl experiencing lighting problems BTS on Requiem. Let the jokes commence.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbx39cNQ228

Johnny Handsome

People need to stop giving shit to Daniel Pearl, really. He had nothing to do with the movie being dark as hell.

Look at all the trailer/clips/behind the scenes pics pre-release, they were perfectly lit, in places even beautiful. The Strauses wanted the movie to be dark and made that decision during post-production and final color timing.

Corporal Hicks

AvPR's lighting problem falls into the same category as Alien 3's CG problems for me.  :laugh:

AvPR is so dark due to colour grading in post production, not lighting during filming. For whatever reason, they apparently had 2 different prints with different grading on them. Honestly, I've no idea why or if that's even really a thing. Apparently the wrong version was used for the home releases.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 15, 2017, 09:40:11 AM
AvPR's lighting problem falls into the same category as Alien 3's CG problems for me.  :laugh:

AvPR is so dark due to colour grading in post production, not lighting during filming. For whatever reason, they apparently had 2 different prints with different grading on them. Honestly, I've no idea why or if that's even really a thing. Apparently the wrong version was used for the home releases.
Just like the Predalien/Wolf fight at the end was 10 minutes long originally, but according to Colin the guys processing the film in the lab screwed up and they lost a lot of footage due to that... ummm, no, really no. I wanted to believe them a lot and they had the heart at the right spot, but in places they obviously talked shit to pull their asses out of the giant shitstorm.

That being said, i still find myself revisiting the film sometimes, no matter how bad this movie is, i enjoy the Alien/Predator stuff in it.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 15, 2017, 09:34:20 AM
People need to stop giving shit to Daniel Pearl, really. He had nothing to do with the movie being dark as hell.

Look at all the trailer/clips/behind the scenes pics pre-release, they were perfectly lit, in places even beautiful. The Strauses wanted the movie to be dark and made that decision during post-production and final color timing.

Daniel Pearl is a great cinematographer! He has a distinct gritty style that I like. 

I didn't mean for the post the come across as if I'm making fun of him, but commenting on how ironic it was that he was having such a hard time lightning the shot and then how dark the movie ended up being.

I like Requiem even with its faults. I find it more enjoyable than AvP, Predators, and Resurrection.

426Buddy

I find that AvPR is one of the worst films i've ever had to watch in any franchise. I've seen it twice, I regret both times.

When I watched the film in theaters it was just as dark as on the bluray.

Nukiemorph

I honestly thought it looked fine in the theaters.  I saw everyone complaining online and thought people were just being dramatic... but then I watched it on DVD and couldn't see a damn thing without killing the lights and cranking up the brightness.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed