SH Monster Arts Big Chap

Started by SiL, Aug 03, 2016, 04:42:44 AM

Author
SH Monster Arts Big Chap (Read 726 times)

SiL

SiL

This guy was released some time last year, near as I can tell: back in 2013 or so they did an AvP range. Does anybody else have something from these guys? The sculpt is amazing and the articulation is, well, see for yourself:

Nostromo

Nostromo

I like this guy better than the one with the bent feet like in Isolation or the one Windebieste put up. Nice fully detailed figure! Eyes look creepy when viewed from certain angles. But still the original with no eyes and smooth top no ridges comes out looking better.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

How big are these guys compared to NECA?

SiL

SiL

This guy's about 5", so about 2" short of the NECA one.

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 03, 2016, 07:37:48 AM
But still the original with no eyes and smooth top no ridges comes out looking better.
The dome on this is way too transparent so it's not clear in most of these, but he does have the smooth eyeless head of the original Alien. Just also the detailed skull underneath, like the original Alien.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

I own this figure and there's not much to write home about. It's just "okay" in every aspect. I think it ended up being too transparent on the head.

windebieste

windebieste

I have one - it's still in its box and from I can tell, it's a solid average figure.  Considering it's size at 5 inches tall it's packed with detail and the articulated tail is an interesting alternative to the wire core variety we see on NECA's stuff and elsewhere.  The shapes of the orbits for the eyes are much more accurate, that's true.  Granted, about the carapace, it should be tinted. 

Other than that, yeah.  It's a nice piece - not outstanding but certainly a viable desktop companion in your study if you were looking for an alternative.  Right now, I have a 12 inch tall 2004 Sega Alien figure on my desk.  It's a nice figure, too.  Only the deviation of the shape of the elbow spurs detract it from being near perfect.

-Windebieste.

SiL

SiL

I think the articulation and sculpt are much more impressive than the NECA version. The head shape and detail is a lot more accurate and doesn't have the goofy squashed head issue.

g2vd

g2vd

What a unfortunate failure this line ended up being as Tamashii could have really knocked it out of the park.

Also, I just realized that due to the skull and the figure's proportions the SHMA Big Chap looks like a realistic version of the Re-action and Kenner Big Chap figure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed