First Patch Notes

Started by ikarop, Feb 12, 2013, 08:23:14 PM

Author
First Patch Notes (Read 27,330 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

God, the multiplayer is really starting to bog down from no patches. They need to FIX THE GODDAMED NETCODE, add dedicated servers, fix the Lurker pounce, and better balance the marines armor and pulse rifle damage.

The shit is just all over the place. Sometimes you can kill a marine with one hit (Heavy Strike) other times it takes three plus, and they can just backpedal and mow you down. We've been getting killed by Spitters in 1 hit, which is impossible, and the pump shotgun has miraculously started putting Aliens down in 1 shot as well. How the fuuuuuck?

This game just needs some tweaks and balancing, some care and attention paid to it. The mp glitches are no worse than any game is on launch, the only difference is that other game companies give enough of a shit to listen and support their own product when the time is most important to do so!

There is no limit to how thick and nasty my rage will become if they completely neglect this one part of their game that's actually good and deserves some attention. Worthless, Gearbox, you're totally worthless and you don't even have the spine to support your own products.

The time to act is now if they want to keep any players. They had a strong player base, but didn't do jack shit to counter the waves of bad press and justified hate.

ERRGHGHUHHHHH I WILL FLIP MY f**kING LID if they don't even give their own game a chance with some patches and care.

The nerd anger is boiling. :-\

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I want to believe the reason why they might be taking so long is because Gearbox knows they are in the shit now. 

They are probably working very hard on a large patch as we speak, and many other things for the game. It's not too late for them to turn this all around. They can fix the lighting issues, release a high quality textures pack, give us ded servers, and continue to optimize the game with patches for SP and MP.

I'd expect a large patch release within a month. If we don't get one start to worry. You have to keep in mind, their game is in terrible shape, they need to be very careful, take their time and throw a hail marry.

But it would help if Gearbox made an offical announcement and said "we're working on a large patch, it will be released asap" done. I remember when BF3 came out it suffered from a lot of crashing and glitches on the PC, the developers took forever to say they were working on a patch, took even longer until they released a patch to fix things too, it was a full month atleast.

So the best thing to do at this point is to forget about the game and don't juice it out. Come back in a month and play other games.

Aceburster

Aceburster

Its probably going to be a while before we get a patch since Gearbox has probably never looked at half the code or assets. It does appear from diggin inside that they planned on doing the lighting like the movie, basically everything green/yellow/brown and using filters to blue it up and set the shadows but... didnt. thats one thing I hope gets solved in a patch.

VonPelz

VonPelz

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 22, 2013, 04:43:27 PM
We've been getting killed by Spitters in 1 hit
Normally I think you die from one hit from a Spitter if it's a headshot. Don't know if acid armor affects that.

But yeah, I agree. This game needs lots of improvement if the multiplayer is going to be kept alive. Host migration is a bare minimum, dedicated servers would be great.

I also think that the Spitter rupture ability needs a nerf. That puddle that insta-kills you is unbalanced and shouldn't be in the game, the explosion is quite enough.
Another option would be to buff the marine acid armor and make it give protection against that puddle.

Anyway, I bet Gearbox will only release patches in conjunction with the DLC, much like what DICE does with Battlefield 3.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Good posts, Phantom + Ace + Von.

I guess in this age of instantaneous everything, we all want things fixed immediately. :laugh: I'll be playing the mp for awhile, at least until Bug Hunt comes out so let's hope that they're working to turn it around at that point.

@ Pelz, I agree that rupture is very powerful, but you can defeat it with careful coordination and cooperation. If you don't bunch up, it really limits the damage it can do, and once you know how easily you can be killed, avoiding the puddles becomes a priority. It really works best in Escape and Survivor, since the marines are so much tougher and tend to group up in small huddles.

But I do like that it makes the Aliens feel like Aliens. I mean, the explosion and puddle are perfect, but maybe not all weapons should make it burst like that or something?

I also don't think it's quite as OP as people suggest, as the marines aren't using every weapon/tactic in their arsenal. Claymores, along with prox. mines, as well as the holy annoying Shock charge for the shotgun can all make quick work of Spitter rushes, and a good team can shut down the Aliens repeatedly. Also if you don't bunch up as much, or run to revive a downed teammate who's laying in a rupture pool, you'll extend life expectancy by at least 5 more seconds!

Elicas

Elicas

It's alright saying wait for a month for the miracle patch, but how many players will be forever gone from the MP by then? Used copies of this game outnumber new ones at my local GAME, and there half a dozen in the window of Cash Convertors too, Blockbuster doesn't look like it's got any off the shelves yet even for rental, and that's a week and a half after release. In another three weeks, you could be looking at 1/4-1/2 the population you have now.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Currently sitting on a peak MP today of 1,884 players world wide on A:CM on PC today. You had around 12,500 at release in MP. 49/100 for activity within two weeks of release for a AAA FPS, unheard of.

It's only got 500 more players than The War Z for f**k sakes!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

That's bloody sad, but then.. we all know how stuck up and bourgeois you PC master race are. I'm sure console numbers are much higher.. we just put up with more shit I'm afraid. :laugh:

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 22, 2013, 07:42:30 PM
That's bloody sad, but then.. we all know how stuck up and bourgeois you PC master race are. I'm sure console numbers are much higher.. we just put up with more shit I'm afraid. :laugh:

:D

I got the Witcher for £5 on Steam and am working into my 90th hour, I can take being Elitist when our good games are so damn good :P

spinksy

spinksy

there WON'T ever be a miracle patch - I remember back when AvP came out loads of people were saying about them needing to patch it etc. If I remember correctly we got 1-2 patchs which did hardly anything!

Gearbox are getting well and truely slated over this game - I imagine we'll get a max of 2 minor patchs which don't do anything thats really needed and that will be it

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: spinksy on Feb 22, 2013, 07:53:13 PM
there WON'T ever be a miracle patch - I remember back when AvP came out loads of people were saying about them needing to patch it etc. If I remember correctly we got 1-2 patchs which did hardly anything!

Gearbox are getting well and truely slated over this game - I imagine we'll get a max of 2 minor patchs which don't do anything thats really needed and that will be it

If history is any indication, you're right.

Not only that, the final patch Sega/Rebellion released for AVP addressed many of the critical issues with the game (not all), but that patch was never released for the console versions. That still pisses me off.

Those bastards.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Can't argue with that, Elicas. :laugh: Damn it I miss gaming on the PC...

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Feb 22, 2013, 08:03:17 PM

Not only that, the final patch Sega/Rebellion released for AVP addressed many of the critical issues with the game (not all), but that patch was never released for the console versions. That still pisses me off.

Those bastards.

God that's just infuriating. >:( I was going to comment on the issues that could be fixed in A:CM through patching vs. the core mechanics of AvP and whether or not a patch would've helped, but pff..

Do you know what they were planning with it, Bio Mech, by chance? I imagine if they reduced the length of the Predator leap attack, and made the Marines melee much weaker (so it didn't knock down a damn Alien) would've gone a long way to making the game better.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 22, 2013, 08:06:16 PM
Can't argue with that, Elicas. :laugh: Damn it I miss gaming on the PC...

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Feb 22, 2013, 08:03:17 PM

Those bastards.

God that's just infuriating. >:( I was going to comment on the issues that could be fixed in A:CM through patching vs. the core mechanics of AvP and whether or not a patch would've helped, but pff..

Do you know what they were planning with it, Bio Mech, by chance? I imagine if they reduced the length of the Predator leap attack, and made the Marines melee much weaker (so it didn't knock down a damn Alien) would've gone a long way to making the game better.

Though Sega/Rebellion didn't address all issues, what they did address made a huge difference. There were a lot of bug fixes, but most of the tweaks were specifically for balancing. And it made a world of difference.

The Alien was at a distinct disadvantage (especially against Preds; as I'm sure many of you remember), but these changes could turn you into a bio mechanical badass. lol Especially if you got a team that actually worked together. It could get pretty EPIC. Things are now much more balanced on the PC version.

They tweaked things like:

1) Pred focus attack range equalized with the Alien's (oddly enough, the Pred's focus jump range wasn't; which was stupid).
2) Alien's could knock down opponents when focus attacking at maximum range (like the Preds could).
3) Alien counter timing was tweaked to improve melee combat balance.
4) Alien could knock down opponent when performing a counter attack (again, like the Preds could).
5) Marines take some damage when blocking an Alien's or Pred's light attack.
6) You could earn XP and rank up in ANY multiplayer mode save for survivor. In other words, you don't have to deal with the horrendous ranked matchmaking system.
7) Improvements to the netcode.

That's all I recall off the top of my head. So yeah, we were SUPER pissed when Sega/Rebellion cancelled the final patch for 360 and PS3.

Effectz

Effectz

Seen this on his twitter,don't know if it was posted.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Yeah already seen it. Still aggravating, though.

How about the interests of your pissed-the-hell-off customers who are leaving the game in hordes?

Njm1983

Njm1983

Hate to say it but its probably the pissed off customers whom are making him reconsider how much work goes into patching the game. Theyve already lost their ass in this game, how much more do you eeally think theyll sink into it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed