First Patch Notes

Started by ikarop, Feb 12, 2013, 08:23:14 PM

Author
First Patch Notes (Read 27,725 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I hope they fixed the Lurker pounce in MP, it was bad. A lot of people wouldn't even use the Lurker because of it. I've had it happen to me 3 times, it's kind of hilarious.

You pounce and just sit there frozen on top of the frozen marine. No buttons work, not even the menu unless you want to dashboard it. Have to wait for another marine to come along and kill you so you can respawn, but you dont even get the kill as the marine you had pounced just stands back up. :-\

I'm still having a decent time, not too many issues, but I guess I'm lucky. I still feel that if you're an Aliens fan, you really owe it to yourself to at least give this game a shot. Just getting into one encounter where you have to use the tracker is really quite fun and feels a lot like the movie. Never been able to do that in a game..

RedHood

RedHood

Quote from: pixelbaron on Feb 13, 2013, 03:00:00 PM
If DLCs have bug fixes they are going to get slammed again by the press and everyone else.

I sure as hell am not going to pay extra money on top of what I already paid to get a fixed game, or a complete game.

I'm not speaking realistically but maybe they'll do a free DLC that adds a new weapon or Alien and have a humongous hidden patch. But in reality they were just trying to avoid paying $40,000. There getting bashed anyway so f**k it.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I hope they do something to acknowledge how unhappy people are. Just please God let them stick with the game, at least for a little.

A lot of my respect for GBX would be restored if they had the balls to stick with this product until the bitter end. Give away a free skin or weapon or something, maybe a small map pack as consolation, and keep supporting it with patches and the DLC that was already planned anyway. That's the best thing they can do: acknowledge some mistakes, stick behind their product (much more honestly, this time) and try to make the best of it.

In these strange days of half-released products and downloadable everything, there's no reason the disaster that was their launch and reception couldn't be patched up a bit (pun lol) and end up a better product by the end of this DLC cycle. With what they have accomplished in the game, it deserves that much.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 13, 2013, 04:41:17 PM
That's the best thing they can do: acknowledge some mistakes, stick behind their product (much more honestly, this time) and try to make the best of it.
This exact situations happens very often with the indie devs. For example Red Orchestra 2 had even worse launch than this. 70% of the players were not able to start the game and the rest barely reached 20fps even with rigs used to launch rockets in NASA. TWI NEVER left behind their game, its their baby after all. They sorted everything out in a month, they released great amount of patches so far and the game is fine, the people are enjoying it. Its not a shame to release 99999 patches and actually fix the game even late, its a shame to let it die because you ran away like a complete pussy. Its like dropping your baby child on the road and leaving it there while you keep walking.

If I was in the GBX studio I would say "come on guys, lets fix the damn thing, we made it after all so even with some problems here and there we will make it!".

Elicas

Elicas

I'm interested in how many of you really expect them to seriously attempt to fix anything other than the MP? Even then I think it'll be the barest of fixes to make it as close to serviceable as possible, then run for the hills with whatever cash they've made.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

With SEGA, you're definitely taking the logical stance there, Elicas. We've already been burned once by them dropping support for a product, one which many now comicly praise as superior..

I just hope Pitchford, in all of his passion, makes the choice to hang on if it's his choice at all. I have no idea at this point, and figure SEGA has most of the authority as the game's already out.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 13, 2013, 05:07:18 PM
With SEGA, you're definitely taking the logical stance there, Elicas. We've already been burned once by them dropping support for a product, one which many now comicly praise as superior..

I just hope Pitchford, in all of his passion, makes the choice to hang on if it's his choice at all. I have no idea at this point, and figure SEGA has most of the authority as the game's already out.

If Pitchford was truly passionate, he'd have done this game himself instead of BL2 and got it out the door a year or so back. Seriously, he's "the biggest Aliens fan", yet passed up the chance to work on it over the last six years to other companies (whatever it was they were actually working on of course, is still up for debate). If he really did preside over most of the game, as it would suggest from his constant pushing of the game, (and he did at least have the creative control over what the other companies did, they had a mandate from him after all) then he's obviously not truly passionate.

No true Aliens fan would release a game in this state, that is so dishonest to the source material. The games condition notwithstanding, this game doesn't even understand the theme of the movie it's based on.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

A:CM is such a horrific mess, the amount of updates and fixes required to save it are so ludicrously extensive that it's safe to say Sega will NEVER allow it. Remember how they cut support for AVP '10 mere months after the game's launch even though Rebellion wanted to continue support?

It's as if A:CM was released after it was only half finished. After what? 6-7 years of development time? That's bullshit. What the hell happened?

The gfx need an overhaul. The animations need an overhaul. The gameplay needs an overhaul. Aside from all the problems with canon and "authenticity", so many bad game design choices were made. We waited all these years for A:CM, and THIS is what we got? Shame on Sega and shame on Gearbox.

I just can't believe AVP '10 ended up being the more polished of the two. >:(

worriors

worriors

What they really need to do is fix the screen tearing, hav'nt seen screen tearing that bad since james bond agent under fire for the ps2..

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 12, 2013, 09:11:16 PM
I really doubt that this'll receive more than a couple of patches at most. They'll do the bare minimum, upload the DLC (probably alot faster than they initially planned) and then they will abandon the game entirely, citing extortionate patch costs and 'renewed developmental focus' for dropping the game. Six months down the line, you won't hear this game mentioned except to be spat on.

Maybe like a swear word? f**k you? No, A:CM you man!

Remember AVP 2010? Sega did exactly this with that title. History repeats itself yet again. Hopefully the dlc will help clean this up. Doubt it though, probably just a map pack or two, seeing as how the title only has a few maps per mode.

Apologies to previous posters, didn't realize AVP had already been brought up. Anyone else feel avp has better graphics, I might be pulling that from memory alone but it seemed to from what I remember.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Feb 13, 2013, 11:08:52 PM
Quote from: Elicas on Feb 12, 2013, 09:11:16 PM
I really doubt that this'll receive more than a couple of patches at most. They'll do the bare minimum, upload the DLC (probably alot faster than they initially planned) and then they will abandon the game entirely, citing extortionate patch costs and 'renewed developmental focus' for dropping the game. Six months down the line, you won't hear this game mentioned except to be spat on.

Maybe like a swear word? f**k you? No, A:CM you man!

Remember AVP 2010? Sega did exactly this with that title. History repeats itself yet again. Hopefully the dlc will help clean this up. Doubt it though, probably just a map pack or two, seeing as how the title only has a few maps per mode.

Apologies to previous posters, didn't realize AVP had already been brought up. Anyone else feel avp has better graphics, I might be pulling that from memory alone but it seemed to from what I remember.

I'd be really, REALLY surprised if Sega doesn't do that with A:CM (AVP '10 was the first thing that came to mind).

That whole situation was a crime because, despite some gameplay and balance issues, AVP '10 was solid and showed a lot of promise. Sega really screwed us over with that. ESPECIALLY if you played the console versions. Rebellion wanted to continue support for it, too.

A:CM, on the other hand, is an abysmally glitchy mess. Which, blows my mind considering how f***ing long it's been in development. What the hell has Randy and the rest of Gearbox been doing with it all this time?

Not only does AVP '10 look considerably better than A:CM (Really, GBX? No DX11 support?!), it's a far more polished game.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 12, 2013, 08:23:14 PM
    - Spitter's "Acid Spray" now originates from the mouth.

This does not speak well of how extensive their testing phase must have been...

rufeo33

rufeo33

VonPelz

VonPelz

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 14, 2013, 06:09:35 AM

https://twitter.com/Smoolander/status/301868864462008321

https://twitter.com/MarcRader68/status/301874920080687104
Hah. It was just too good to be true. Also, the 8 GB patch would be bigger than the actual installed game and it's doubtful that even that would be able to salvage this game, not after these reviews.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed