Author
First Patch Notes (Read 27,315 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote2/11/2013 Update

General

- General user interface improvements.
    - Various performance improvements.
    - Fixed issue where a door may not function properly if a Xeno was killed while opening it.
    - Addressed issue where players could become stuck in a close encounter after killing a Lurker that had pounced them.
    - Fixed collision issue where bullets would not pass through certain open doorways.
    - Fixed an issue related to clients incorrectly interrupting Xeno melee encounters.
    - Addressed an issue where doors would sometimes not open properly.
    - Addressed an exploit where players could melee while throwing a grenade or placing a claymore.
    - Fixed some collision detection issues that could result from a close encounter.
    - Prevented campaign pop-ups from appearing outside of campaign.

Campaign

- Fixed an issue that could prevent NPCs from getting on the elevator in the Sulaco.
    - NPCs no longer attempt to open doors while being welded.
    - Fixed issue where Raven could sometimes pass through welded door.
    - Implementing a message to warn players that campaign progress will be overwritten if they try to start an offline campaign game from within the co-op campaign UI.
    - Adjusted the distance between players before they're warped to the location of furthest player in co-op.
    - Fixed issue where torch would sometimes appear incorrectly to co-op clients.
    - Fixed issue where difficulty could sometimes become stuck incorrectly after switching modes.
    - Fixed issue where co-op player would not recover properly after being saved from a close encounter.
    - Fixed issue where Russian players could not drop into a co-op match in some missions.
    - Updated late-game close encounter moment to disable player input, which could cause them to become stuck.

Multiplayer

- Resolved issue where campaign Motion Tracker could incorrectly in multiplayer loadouts.
    - Fixed issue where clients would sometimes be invisible after spawning in No Hope in Hadleys.
    - Multiplayer teams are now randomized (parties excluded) if percentage difference in scores is greater than 15%
    - 'Switch Teams' option removed from the Pause menu.
    - Corrected issue where server and client could get out-of-sync when switching out of a power-up while firing.
    - Fixed issue where controller would vibrate during the scores screen if Rage ability was active upon match end.
    - Fixed issue where Cloak ability would not conceal the Lurker when walking or jogging.
    - Corrected bug where clients appeared to spawn outside of world before match start.
    - Removed placeholder text from appearing on scoreboard in certain situations.
    - Improved camera transition when Xeno enters a vent.
    - Fixed issue where Xenomorph HUD could sometimes appear in the wrong color.
    - Fixed issue with Spitter acid sometimes preventing players from deploying a Sentry Turret for a short while.
    - Spitter's "Acid Spray" now originates from the mouth.
    - Escape: Fixed issue where Xenos could spawn in unplayable space.
    - Escape: Fixed issue where Xeno players could lose functionality if warped to next area while in a vent.
    - Escape: Addressed issues where players would spawn with no weapon if they were the last Marine to die in Escape.
    - Escape: Fixed issue where Cat-Like Reflexes ability would not properly complete in an Escape match.
    - Escape: Improved timing and placement of warp locations in Emergency Evac.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=3680449&postcount=1

Quote from: Gearbox SoftwareWe are paying close attention to community feedback (both here and via other channels) and will have more updates in the future.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=3680950&postcount=8

Samus007

Samus007

I hope it's true, and that they plan on releasing patches VERY soon to fix a lot of this mess. Texture patches, fix the screen tearing, etc.

Sully

Sully

The only patch I'll be satisfied is a refund of my money and an apology.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Just to be clear, this is a console patch right? Is one needed for PC or is that all goody?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

This originally had notes for a PC, Xbox, and PS3 patch. So I assume they're all going to get a patch to address issues specific to each platform.

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 12, 2013, 08:28:57 PM
I hope it's true, and that they plan on releasing patches VERY soon to fix a lot of this mess. Texture patches, fix the screen tearing, etc.

And a new story would be good.

pixelbaron

pixelbaron

After the first patch for an Xbox title it costs something like five figures to roll out a patch each time.

So at least for Xbox users, you better hope SEGA/Gearbox give a damn about patching this game otherwise this first patch might be the last you see.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: pixelbaron on Feb 12, 2013, 08:44:34 PM
After the first patch for an Xbox title it costs something like five figures to roll out a patch each time.

So at least for Xbox users, you better hope SEGA/Gearbox give a damn about patching this game otherwise this first patch might be the last you see.

Woah really?

I guess it makes sense, prevents devs from releasing half assed crap, they know it needs to be good from the get go or they'll get charged out the ass.

pixelbaron

pixelbaron

Yeah it costs somewhere around $40k to patch a console game.

That's for each patch after the first one.

Source

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Yeah that's not exactly going to be a surprise.

What would be a surprise is if a developer actually took responsibility for such a mess and took pains to fix it and salvage the product. With some work, the multiplayer could be a lot of fun.

After the reviews, though, I'll be amazed if there's 20 people playing by the end of the week.

Oohhhh goddamn will I be furious.

Elicas

Elicas

I really doubt that this'll receive more than a couple of patches at most. They'll do the bare minimum, upload the DLC (probably alot faster than they initially planned) and then they will abandon the game entirely, citing extortionate patch costs and 'renewed developmental focus' for dropping the game. Six months down the line, you won't hear this game mentioned except to be spat on.

Maybe like a swear word? f**k you? No, A:CM you man!

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

"We are paying close attention to community feedback (both here and via other channels) and will have more updates in the future".

So...possibly they'll redo the whole game :D?

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Is it wrong that I sincerely wish Gearbox didn't have Borderlands to fall back on? They deserve bankruptcy for this bullshit. Many better companies have fallen by the wayside for less than this.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 12, 2013, 09:26:30 PM
Is it wrong that I sincerely wish Gearbox didn't have Borderlands to fall back on? They deserve bankruptcy for this bullshit. Many better companies have fallen by the wayside for less than this.

It's not wrong (except for the grunt level workers, times are hard enough without wishing redundancies on people) but for the 'suits' and the company? f**k 'em. They f**ked the fans first.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I agree, I really feel bad for those who put their hard work into this game (though from the final product, that couldn't have been very many people!) What a bloody mess the whole industry seems to be at this point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed