William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,870 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It has to be the black phone. The red one connects to the Batcave.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The SM phone is all biomechanical lookin'.

Huggs

Huggs

With eye holes?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

No eye or nose holes.  Just genitalia.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 22, 2019, 02:42:26 AM
No eye or nose holes.  Just genitalia.

Sounds like a great tagline for a full length feature film.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

just realized that sm emails fox

and sm has emailed me

thus

I have connections

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Do you realize what SM is?  He's a transmitter!  He's a radio for speaking to Fox!

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 22, 2019, 10:10:45 PM
Do you realize what SM is?  He's a transmitter!  He's a radio for speaking to Fox!

"No. He's a warning..."

Where have we heard that before?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 22, 2019, 03:37:17 AM
just realized that sm emails fox

and sm has emailed me

thus

I have connections
Actually, it means you are FOX.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

!!!!!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Gave this another read alongside the script on which it is based. It's a lot more accurate than I realised/remembered. Virtually all of the dialogue is taken verbatim from the screenplay. In fact, other than a generally accelerated final act, the only real difference is with Halliday's death, which occurs significantly earlier and under different circumstances than in the script.

I still hate that the Space Commies fly USCM dropships, but I get the feeling that probably came from Fox rather than Christmas.

Kane's other son

Maybe it came from Fox but there's still no excuse for the lazy designs, from boxy space stations to Space Commies(ΤΜ) using literal UZIs because that's the reference in the script.

SM

SM

Sticking to the script is a perfect excuse.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 28, 2020, 02:42:40 PM
Gave this another read alongside the script on which it is based. It's a lot more accurate than I realised/remembered. Virtually all of the dialogue is taken verbatim from the screenplay. In fact, other than a generally accelerated final act, the only real difference is with Halliday's death, which occurs significantly earlier and under different circumstances than in the script.

I still hate that the Space Commies fly USCM dropships, but I get the feeling that probably came from Fox rather than Christmas.

Been saying this all along! The adaptation is incredibly faithful to the script. And agreed on the dropships. But I'm not sure the Defiant-like design would have been incredibly better.

Quote from: Kane's other son on Jan 28, 2020, 02:57:42 PM
Maybe it came from Fox but there's still no excuse for the lazy designs, from boxy space stations to Space Commies(ΤΜ) using literal UZIs because that's the reference in the script.

Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2020, 01:00:02 AM
Sticking to the script is a perfect excuse.

The script says Uzi-like, not Uzi's. This is a criticism I do agree with. It'd have been better if Johnie had gone a step further with that, making it look something more futuristic the way the Pulse Rifle is just a shell over  Thompson.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed