Engineers vs. Predators

Started by Ash 937, Jun 09, 2012, 09:05:37 PM

Who would win in a fight?

Engineer
Predator
Author
Engineers vs. Predators (Read 83,540 times)

Predaker

Predaker

Shaw's baby killed the engineer.

TrixieVanSickle

TrixieVanSickle

I think the Predators would win because they have no problem with self sacrifice in the name on honor, they're not afraid of death, while the Engineers feared whatever was chasing them and didn't have any traditional weapons. Predators would have ran at the threat and blown themselves up if they were losing.  I stand by my theory that the Engineers are scientists and used humanity as lab rats.  They fight with dirty weapons, not one on one combat.  They may fear combat, which is why they use bioweapons.  Predators are a bit crazy and that's hard to beat in a battle.

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 09, 2012, 11:33:08 PM
Shaw's baby killed the engineer.
...which was a giant tentacle rape monster...

PLEXI

PLEXI

QuoteShaw's baby killed the engineer.
Going out on a limb and all... but I'd say the result would have been the same had it been a Predator. 
QuotePredators would have ran at the threat
Unless it's Danny Glover.

This match up is impossible to judge considering how little we've seen of the Engineer's capabilities in regards to weaponry/armor.  Physically though, the engineers outclass the predators.

TrixieVanSickle

TrixieVanSickle

QuotePhysically though, the engineers outclass the predators.

Not necessarily.  They may be more aesthetically pleasing and have beautiful muscles, but a nice physique does not a great combat warrior make.

Aceburster

Aceburster

Quote from: PLEXI on Jun 09, 2012, 11:39:22 PM
Going out on a limb and all... but I'd say the result would have been the same had it been a Predator. 

If the Predator had no idea there was a giant squid behind door #1 then it might have gotten him. Of course in the same exact situation the pred most likely would have seen it thru the door with his vision and cut it in half asap. Plus Predators dont waste time on unarmed screaming women. This Engineer seems more and more like a bully than a badass : /

Addition: Actually not only did he chase down a poor petite unarmed woman but he yanked the head off a robot that was smiling at him and beat down an old man D : He punched Shaw who is basically being held together by staples and didnt manage to kill her! Hes just a d***!

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

The reason the engineers were running is because they were like the scientists of the group not the fighters. I bet the fighters would of crushed what ever the there's was.  Another reason why the jockeys ran void be because they know the danger and it could potentially kill anyone so maybe they weren't cowards they were just smart for running.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Divpax on Jun 09, 2012, 11:31:38 PM

I think this thread can be concluded with the fact that Danny Glover could kill a Predator...

Pretty sure Danny Glover could kill an extremely injured Engineer.

episodenone

episodenone

I chjose not to answer due to lack of data.  We know a lot less about the Engineers and what other types of weapons they possess for hand to hand combat rather than WMD's.  However - mano a mano - would be a heck of a fight.

PLEXI

PLEXI

QuoteNot necessarily.  They may be more aesthetically pleasing and have beautiful muscles, but a nice physique does not a great combat warrior make.
I'm talking more so about its feats of strength against the humans and in resisting the baby. Predators are powerful creatures no doubting that, but I don't remember them matching that in the movies. Expanded universe and AVP being exceptions.
QuoteIf the Predator had no idea there was a giant squid behind door #1 then it might have gotten him. Of course in the same exact situation the pred most likely would have seen it thru the door with his vision and cut it in half asap.
Predator's are rather notorious for making mistakes that cost them their lives like that though.  Impossible to say for certain.

Divpax

Divpax

Predators were never badass, Arnold was he badass. EU comics seem to depict them as fearless ninjas doing backflips while cutting Alien heads off but if you watch the original films what you find is a monster who hides in the treeline invisibly picking off people who by comparison are so low tech they may as well be throwing spears.

And the big suicide bomb doesn't show they're fearless, it shows they're petty. It's essentially a "f*ck you arnold you're coming with me." button, hence the evil laugh.

Ash 937

Ash 937

This match up is impossible to judge considering how little we've seen of the Engineer's capabilities in regards to weaponry/armor.  Physically though, the engineers outclass the predators.

LV-223 appears to be the site of a military base for the Engineers.  So I'd conclude that we have seen their sense of advanced weaponry.  For whatever reason, they do not appear to have any development of conventional weapons as we are familiar with them on Earth.  Their sense of weaponry is purely biological in nature.

The Predators, on the other hand, clearly have mechanized weapons.  I think it is completely fair to pose the question of this thread based on the information we have been given from the films we have seen. 

And for the record, I also think that a Predator would have a much better chance at killing Shaw's baby than any Engineer.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 09, 2012, 11:44:42 PM

If the Predator had no idea there was a giant squid behind door #1 then it might have gotten him. Of course in the same exact situation the pred most likely would have seen it thru the door with his vision and cut it in half asap. Plus Predators dont waste time on unarmed screaming women. This Engineer seems more and more like a bully than a badass : /

Addition: Actually not only did he chase down a poor petite unarmed woman but he yanked the head off a robot that was smiling at him and beat down an old man D : He punched Shaw who is basically being held together by staples and didnt manage to kill her! Hes just a d***!

That's what I'm talking about!

I bet the engineer wished he had wrist blades.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Divpax on Jun 09, 2012, 11:52:50 PM
Predators were never badass, Arnold was he badass. EU comics seem to depict them as fearless ninjas doing backflips while cutting Alien heads off

Ok.

Quotebut if you watch the original films what you find is a monster who hides in the treeline invisibly picking off people who by comparison are so low tech they may as well be throwing spears.

You mean like ninjas?

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

After seeing what the engineer who would f**k with him I wouldn't I don't think anyone else would either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed