Mortal Kombat

Started by scarhunter92, Jun 08, 2010, 07:40:35 PM

Author
Mortal Kombat (Read 108,143 times)

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

They're all still recognizable. I always loved Mortal Kombat. There's a lot of great characters and mythology in there, but come on. It's not the origins of the characters that make them iconic. Baraka's character is MADE by the claws. Johnny Cage is MADE by his pretty boy looks and cocky attitude. He may not have been blonde in the trailer, but I would believe that is Cage. Reptile is still well... reptilian. Their attitudes and iconic traits are all still there.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Whatever it is, it looks great.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jun 08, 2010, 08:35:22 PM
This better not be the movie!

Johnny Cage looks nothing like the character from the games, and Reptile looks nothing like the character from the games and Baraka looks terrible! Baraka with dreads? And now hes black?! Are you f--king kidding me?!

Whats next? Liu Kang is bold and likes to listen to hip hop music?! Whats next? Scorpion instead of wearing a yellow ninja suit is now rocking a black hoddie with bagy jeans?! God dammit they raped the franchise didn't they? :'(

It's called REBOOT.
This a realistic take on Mortal Kombat while keeping the main traits of the characters. And it looks awesome.

Anto of the Sand

Sorry, I thought this was just released. And no, it looks like the worst thing in history.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Wow if that's is the trailer for the new movie then Holy crap I'm hype up. I waited so long for a dark and ture MK movie, and my wish has came ture. This better not be like the new SF movie.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Those seven minutes just made Mortal Kombat awesome again.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

The clip is well put together, great acting and visuals. But they are no longer the characters I grew up playing anymore. It's like taking the alien and instead of it having the long slick dome head....

it now has a round human head . Instead of making the alien black, it's now f--king white! Sure it has the tail and xenomorph skin but dam man, it looks way too different. I'm old school MK dude, this is way too different.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

I didnt know this thread existed. This looks like the worst trash in history. WTF happened to taste ? Every film looks the same these days. They could have slapped any title on it, it looks like everything else and nothing in particular. What a f**king liberty.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The teaser looks awesome, and this movie looks much better then the last SF movie that we got.

Anto of the Sand

By being generic and nothing like Mortal Kombat ? They changed everything but the names. It looks as much like Street Fighter or Donkey Kong as it does Mortal Kombat.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Who caught the sneak peak of Sub Zero's mask? It's there for a split second at the end...

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jun 08, 2010, 09:01:37 PM
I didnt know this thread existed. This looks like the worst trash in history. WTF happened to taste ? Every film looks the same these days. They could have slapped any title on it, it looks like everything else and nothing in particular. What a f**king liberty.

This is a live-action trailer for the new game. It's not a movie.

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

That's actually sort of disappointing. I would love a new game, but not as much as I would love a serious, dark, intelligent film treatment.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Quote from: Darkbladepred2.0 on Jun 08, 2010, 09:06:42 PM
That's actually sort of disappointing. I would love a new game, but not as much as I would love a serious, dark, intelligent film treatment.
I have to admit, that made me lol. ;D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

As long if the characters act the same and have the same background story as they do in the game, then I will be fine. All I'm hoping for a solid movie since the first MK movies where corny, and nothing like the games.

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Jun 08, 2010, 09:04:06 PM
Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jun 08, 2010, 09:01:37 PM

This is a live-action trailer for the new game. It's not a movie.

Where did you got this info from? It looks like a movie trailer if you ask me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed