Upcoming Movies You Want To See

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jan 20, 2008, 06:08:33 PM

Author
Upcoming Movies You Want To See (Read 392,653 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 13, 2020, 06:36:36 PM
If I had to give a top five right now (in alphabetical order):

Dune
Furiosa
Nightmare Alley
The Northman
Shin Ultraman

With The Green Knight edging really close to that list, too.

Can't believe I left Mank off of this list. I think I had just totally written 2020 off as far as movies go, and it slipped my mind briefly that we were getting that this year. :D

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Top Gun: Maverick

BigDaddyJohn

The Kings Men

A quiet place 2

Boss level

Nightmare Asylum

I absolutely hate this. Movie theaters are screwed...

I haven't been to a theater since March, and I won't be returning to one until everything with COVID is behind us, so I am absolutely in favor of something like this as a temporary form of distribution until we return to a safe normal (though I would also be just as happy to wait for all of these movies until 2022 or whenever it is safe to see them theatrically, however long that may take).

More than anything, I hope this strategy remains in effect solely through 2021/COVID, and then afterwards film distribution is able to return to "normal" theatrical releases, but I fear that once those subscriptions start rolling in, this digital distribution is going to become the new normal even after everything is safe. Movie theaters are going to start dropping like flies.

I so badly want to be wrong about this. I want to belive that post-COVID there will still be a place for the movie theater experience, but this news has me feeling very afraid of what the future holds in that regard.

[cancerblack]

I think they'll become a boutique experience, prices will go up, number of locations will go down. But they won't be completely dead.

BigDaddyJohn

Godzilla vs Kong, from the director of Death Note and the Blair Witch remake, I can't wait !

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Phobos on Dec 04, 2020, 08:10:07 AM

In theatres when it eventually comes out

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Time to save cinema.

Kradan

Kradan

Cameron would rather develop technology to transmit his movies directly into people brains. Full immersion style

ace3g

Biomechanoid

The Conjuring, the devil made me do it

Yautja888

Yautja888

Top  Gun Maverick
John Wick IV
Furya
Scream 5
Beverly Hills Cop 4
Lethal Weapon 5
The Wild Bunch remake
Rocky IV Director's cut

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed