Alien vs. Predator (Atari Jaguar) - Super Thread

Started by OpenMaw, Jun 03, 2018, 07:43:53 AM

Author
Alien vs. Predator (Atari Jaguar) - Super Thread (Read 33,034 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I played through a good chunk of Sub-Level 3 (couldn't find the Level 2 access card) and the only issue I had was the one door graphic that molasar had already pointed out.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2020, 08:13:05 AM
Have you finished the Jag version, molasar?

Yes, I did it multiple times in 1995. I have finished Wolfenstein 3D and Doom on Jaguar as well.

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2020, 08:37:32 AM
How's the Phoenix version with the graphics? The last emulator I tried to play was almost unplayable without cheats -- ammo counters, key cards, vision modes, etc. never displayed properly, and all of the sprites had masking problems.

If I could play a version of this that didn't look more ass than necessary I would be sooooo happy.

For accuracy and practicality Phoenix is the best IMO. The only issue I have noticed is that it does not display a texture of one door correctly. This particular one in the images.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Do the ROMs differ in quality, or is it all on the emulator?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Molasar, did you just...

did you just change your avatar to...

:laugh:

#LongLiveMoleStar

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2020, 02:14:34 PM
Do the ROMs differ in quality, or is it all on the emulator?

It is all on the emulator.
There is only one ROM of full version (there were no revision of it released) available besides a BETA one(s). If you check the ROM you have on Virtual Jaguar emulator then you can see that the door is displayed correctly.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 08, 2020, 02:15:42 PM
did you just change your avatar to...

Yep.

Trioxin

Trioxin

This was my dad's screensaver when laptops were built like a gd cinder block .

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: molasar on Jan 08, 2020, 02:11:22 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2020, 08:13:05 AM
Have you finished the Jag version, molasar?

Yes, I did it multiple times in 1995. I have finished Wolfenstein 3D and Doom on it as well.

I tip my hat to you, sir. It's a whole other experience playing older games. I know full well they're a lot harder, but it never surprises me.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: molasar on Jan 08, 2020, 02:11:22 PM
For accuracy and practicality Phoenix is the best IMO. The only issue I have noticed is that it does not display a texture of one door correctly. This particular one in the images.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7F0l2h5stTr8p6sPXTVUQ6CwzIVCPSlZb3SSR-C8829NIKnO8&s
Wonderful, thank you! And the Alien is substantially cleaner, I see.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm struggling to find the Lt's body at the minute. Always seem to end up on sub-level 2 when I'm exploring the vents and just get overwhelmed.  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Early on, if I remember correctly, there is a hallway somewhere that triggers a Predator noise that always froze me in its tracks. The Predator never comes out, but I always found it so creepy. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 08, 2020, 04:04:27 PM
Early on, if I remember correctly, there is a hallway somewhere that triggers a Predator noise that always froze me in its tracks. The Predator never comes out, but I always found it so creepy.

Yeah, that happened to me outside the Command Centre on Sub-Level 2. I was like...   :o

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 08, 2020, 04:04:27 PM
Spoiler
It (clicking, voice mimicry) happens every time if you cross Predator's perimeter even if it is behind walls with an exception in one situation only, but I do not want to spoil it.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There seems to be some level of randomness to the game. Are there differing spawn points for the Alien? It's not always the same appearances.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2020, 04:17:05 PM
There seems to be some level of randomness to the game. Are there differing spawn points for the Alien? It's not always the same appearances.
Yes, there is a random spawning procedure for enemies, med kits, ammo, food in the game.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Honestly wasn't expecting that for a game of this age.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed