Alien: Covenant Press Junket Interviews

Started by Ingwar, May 07, 2017, 09:09:44 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Press Junket Interviews (Read 2,453 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Please use this thread for all the new interviews coming out the post premiere junkets.

Whos_Nick

Love Jake's interviews, always such great energy and questions.

Corporal Hicks

Citadel

cucuchu

You know what I find interesting is that in the interview with Ridley Scott (just himself and not Fassbender), he made a point to say that people expressed their idea of what was wrong with Prometheus on social media and that is caused him to change the direction of Alien Covenant. So that gives me hope that if there something the vast majority of people here are put off about in regards to Covenant, to make sure you bang on that drum loudly and consistently and maybe he will vector Alien Awakening in a manner that will take the franchise where we want it.

Citadel

Quote from: cucuchu on May 08, 2017, 07:04:44 PM
You know what I find interesting is that in the interview with Ridley Scott (just himself and not Fassbender), he made a point to say that people expressed their idea of what was wrong with Prometheus on social media and that is caused him to change the direction of Alien Covenant. So that gives me hope that if there something the vast majority of people here are put off about in regards to Covenant, to make sure you bang on that drum loudly and consistently and maybe he will vector Alien Awakening in a manner that will take the franchise where we want it.
But where do we want the franchise? More aliens? Less? More Engineers? Ridley can't take everything on board and please everyone, right?

Robopadna

I don't know...  maybe I am in the minority but I found it a welcome change of pace to not have us focusing on another Alien.  I agree with his pre Prometheus stance where the creature was starting to play itself out.  Prometheus introduced some really interesting concepts and mythology, it just handled them very clumsily.  My main problems were with the incomprehensibly idiotic characters and the lack of exploration of all the questions.

cucuchu

Quote from: Citadel on May 08, 2017, 07:07:00 PM
But where do we want the franchise? More aliens? Less? More Engineers? Ridley can't take everything on board and please everyone, right?

Nope, but just saying he seems willing to take it in a different direction than the one he may be intending at this moment.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2017/s4665658.htm

Most interesting thing is probably the behind-the-scenes footage so beware some spoilers.

Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 08, 2017, 08:58:40 AM

I don't really know him but I gotta agree. I actually struggle with stuff for cast (I'm more interested in the crew side of things) but he really had some cracking questions. Think mine is gonna come out as shit after watching this. I have no idea how he had that much time to get so many questions out.  :laugh:

markweatherill

Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 08, 2017, 08:58:40 AM

Who's he? Surely not that guy who, on asking Scott if there was anything he'd change about Alien and receiving the obviously fatuous answer 'nothing! It's perfect!', smarmed '...oh! I agree! 100%!' rather than 'you sure there's no dodgy dubbing or jump cuts you might tweak a tiny bit lol?'

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed