Amanda Ripley's inclusion a FOX mandate?

Started by Xenomrph, Sep 11, 2014, 01:07:52 AM

Author
Amanda Ripley's inclusion a FOX mandate? (Read 2,961 times)

Xenomrph

So we know that Ellen Ripley being in the 'Alien: Out of the Shadows' novel was mandated by FOX, has Creative Assembly mentioned if Amanda Ripley's inclusion in Isolation was similarly mandated by FOX? It wouldn't surprise me, but I thought I'd see if there were any quotes or whatever.

HuDaFuK

They haven't said, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I do kinda wish they'd gone with someone who wasn't called Ripley. Just as with the book, it raises continuity/logic issues that didn't need to exist. But I guess the name sells.

Corporal Hicks

It wouldn't surprise me. Especially with all the Ripley connections in Titan's novels and trying to bring it back to the more familiar.

It doesn't bother me as much as it did when she was announced either.

SM

It's just as contrived now as when it was announced.

Still looks like it'll be a sweet game though.

And CA have never mentioned Fox asking them to include her.  Whenever they've talked about it it's always been "we" ie. CA.

HuDaFuK

The fact Amanda's actions are mentioned in the new books kinda suggests it was a Fox thing.

SM

Nah, it just suggests they're trying to tie it all together.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ripley is a name that is instantly recognizable to even the most casual of Alien fans. The name "Ripley" is simply being used to shift more copies regardless of who decided to include her. It's all about the money.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Sep 15, 2014, 09:45:11 AM
It's just as contrived now as when it was announced.

Oh, definitely. But I can buy it.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: SM on Sep 15, 2014, 09:50:08 AM

Or possibly they're thinking of Amanda for other ALIEN stories....?

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 15, 2014, 08:48:45 AM
They haven't said, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I do kinda wish they'd gone with someone who wasn't called Ripley. Just as with the book, it raises continuity/logic issues that didn't need to exist. But I guess the name sells.

Yeah. I was expecting CA to go with Amanda or Amy or something that wasn't referencing Ripley. I mean the name is relevant but when I think of Ripley I think of Sigourney Weaver's character. For gamers who aren't super familar with the Alien series its gonna be a bit hard to identify with a character named Ripley that isn't Ripley.

SM

Why?

It's not like they're not going to explain the connection in the game.

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Sep 15, 2014, 07:20:57 PM

Possibly.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: SM on Sep 15, 2014, 11:06:00 PM
Why?

It's not like they're not going to explain the connection in the game.

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Sep 15, 2014, 07:20:57 PM

Possibly.

Yeah I know. Its really not that important. I just thought maybe they'd go with something a bit more original.

PRI. HUDSON

I like the fact we are playing as a Ripley offspring.

SM

QuoteYeah I know. Its really not that important. I just thought maybe they'd go with something a bit more original.

Like what?

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: SM on Sep 16, 2014, 10:05:21 PM
QuoteYeah I know. Its really not that important. I just thought maybe they'd go with something a bit more original.

Like what?

Exactly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed