Could the xenomorph in Alien: Isolation be Kane's Son?

Started by predxeno, Sep 05, 2014, 08:12:11 AM

Author
Could the xenomorph in Alien: Isolation be Kane's Son? (Read 3,858 times)

predxeno

predxeno

I don't know if this theory has been mentioned before or if it's a completely original idea by me but could the monster that plagues Amanda Ripley onboard the Sevastopol be the same nightmare that haunted her mother all those years ago?  In the original script, Kane's Son died after being blasted into space but that scene was cut from the final movie.

Considering the fact that the reason Amanda enters Sevastopol station is to retrieve the Nostromo's flight recorder, could it be possible that that's not the only thing to survive the explosion?  We already know that the xenomorph can hibernate almost indefinitely and this creature is bigger than the one in the original movie (and with triple joints) so perhaps it is the same creature but grew and evolved over the years. 

If the A:I alien really is Kane's Son then it would explain why it hasn't turned into a Queen like most solo aliens do.  It would also make A:I the true sequel to the original where we'll finally see the fate of cinema's most horrific space monster.

SM

This idea has been floated often.  On face value the Alien is too big and has the wrong feet so it seems very unlikely.

With the advent of the comic,
Spoiler
it would appear that the Anesidora set down on LV-426 and brought an Alien with it.
[close]
so it seems even more unlikely.

predxeno

I just read the prequel comic that was released, where did it say the ship set down? ???

gabgrave

It was implied in the dream sequence.

Randomizer

I'd like that idea but It's not very probable .

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Predatorium on Jun 13, 2014, 01:03:02 PM
I'm surprised by how many of you that think this is the same alien that's in the first movie? That's just silly and totally unbelievable. The odds of the alien drifting around in space for 15 years and managing to drift right into the path of humans in space where there is like an infinite amount of directions to go...Comooon.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 13, 2014, 01:30:11 PM
I agree with Predatorium. Even if it could survive in a vacuum for that long it's statistically improbable to ever encounter anything for millenia. It will eventually fall into a star perhaps after a few centuries.

It would be outright silly for CA to try and shoe-horn-in the original alien when they still have a whole shipload full of eggs to get a new Xeno from.

If they found the Nostromo's flight recorder then they will most likely have the co-ordinates where it last set down. I'm sure Seegson would be curious to see what a converted WY M-class starcruiser was doing out in the sticks.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 13, 2014, 03:08:40 PM
The alien would have been ejected into a completely different trajectory and velocity though. Bringing back Kane's Son would be as fanwanky as bringing Hicks back.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 15, 2014, 11:24:25 AM
What if this alien was in the beginning stages of morphing into a queen? Could it explain the legs, hunched over posture, large size and excessively long tail?
http://www.uncleodiescollectibles.com/img_lib/Alien%20Queen%20Miniature%2002%203-17-6.jpg

PRI. HUDSON

In footage I saw, they say the Alien came with the ship the flight recorder was on. My guess is, the ship found the recorder, went to LV-426, got an egg or two and then someone got impregnated.

There is your alien on the ship that docked with the recorder.

Valaquen

Perhaps Kane's Son's son? :D

Xenomorphine

It wouldn't have to drift into the path of humans. Just detected and provoke someone's natural curiosity...

PsyKore

Six degrees of Kane's Son.

SM

How would it be detected?  It's on the outskirts of a system that's not on the way to or from anywhere.

Xenomorphine

It's been a long time. All sort of things can influence the orbit of an otherwise straight line. Just a fraction of a degree can drastically change an orbit.

Plus, Weyland-Yutani may well have already had probes in the back yard of LV-426, to have picked up the original transmission and located its origin before anyone else could. If they're probes which are flying around for the sake of surveying and prospecting, it wouldn't surprise me if they have long-range sensors for looking for mine-able asteroids and the like.

Someone detects the beast, decides it should be brought in for a closer examination and realises it's not as inanimate as they thought. It could happen. Especially if they conclude it has signs of engineering or organic life (a visual profile of the Alien could be interpreted as either). We already know anything suspected of ET origin is apparently big enough business to halt and divert an expensive voyage like the Nostromo's. Doubt that's what's happening in this game, if only because of the differences in the creature design, but I could see it for a movie's set-up.

If people can accept the 'Alien 3' egg, they'd certainly accept this. :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

If they had intercepted the Narcissus and knew the exact time and co-ordinates where it was when the Alien was ejected, as well as the Alien's weight/mass and the amount of thrust Ripley applied then maybe I could buy it.

The original transmission from the derelict was an acoustical beacon that could be picked up from lightyears away. The Alien was just a man-sized piece of bio-mechanical matter floating in the vastness of space that had no way of transmitting it's position.

If we cannot even find a missing Boeing 777 with a squawking blackbox on this tiny little dirtball how would they go about looking for something they don't even know exists anymore in an area the size of a star system? Something that would not even generate a radar return?

SM

QuoteSomeone detects the beast

How?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed