What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 282,614 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Just finished X-Wing: Starfighters of Adumar

TrueXeno

TrueXeno

Finally got round to reading Alien Revival. Finished Darth Plagueis (again) , about to start Salvation by Peter Hamilton.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Just finished Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. 

I loved this book!  ;D  8)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Recently finished:

The Two Towers by Tolkien obviously.

Before the Coffee Gets Cold, Tales from the Café and Before Your Memory Fades by Toshikazu Kawaguchi. Magical realism. Very quick read. Cafe in Tokyo that allows its customers to travel back in time, as long as they return before their coffee gets cold. I literally cried.

People From My Neighbourhood by Hiromi Kawakami. Weird stuff.

I finally have read Frankenstein. Beautiful nightmare. Classic gothic fiction. Technically speaking fist science fiction ever written.

Reading right now:

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
The Return of the King

Sarahlyn35

Sarahlyn35

Currently reading Fairy Tale by Stephen King.. this is a very long book! After that I have a couple of James Lee Burke novels lined up..

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

In the Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami

Nothing super creepy has happened yet, but there's been some unbearable tension. And he may be too old for the part as specified here, but I keep picturing current Brendan Fraser as Frank.

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's somewhere on my long list.

Topper

Topper

Just finished Dark Stars: New Tales of Darkest Horror, just started My Heart Is A Chainsaw. This is a very horror-heavy year for me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm trying to read Neuromancer but I just can't get into it. This is my second attempt. At least I've made it to page 100 this time around. It's not pulling me in, and I'm not sure why.

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's the language and awkward style. I struggled as well. It's not a cozy read.

Topper

Topper

I got some later Gibson for my birthday, and... those were rough reads. It was like someone writing a writer writing an antisocial character. I guess they were good STORIES, lots of neat little ideas, but it was a slog to finish.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've only read Neuromancer in the form of Vincenzo Natali's script, but I liked it well enough.

In the Miso Soup just had a very f**ked up moment that reminded me of Only God Forgives a bit (in a good way).

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 04, 2023, 08:08:14 PMIn the Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami

Nothing super creepy has happened yet, but there's been some unbearable tension. And he may be too old for the part as specified here, but I keep picturing current Brendan Fraser as Frank.
Read that recently, it's really good. I pictured someone more like Seth Rogen.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading Heat 2. Great follow-up/prequel to one of my favorite movies.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Just finished Annihilation (2014) by Jeff VanderMeer, the first from Southern Reach Trilogy. Weird but compelling story. Must re-watch movie again as I don't remember much but I can tell it's different than the novel. I'm also intrigued about next two novels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed