MPAA & "Hard R" Rating

Started by Darkness, Mar 12, 2007, 07:33:06 PM

Author
MPAA & "Hard R" Rating (Read 20,356 times)

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Xenomorphine, I apologise...I was being generic, not personal there, about the 'Hate PWA' group...Also, regarding what I said about Xenos' remains, unless the Predator activates his self-destruct device (pretty lame) or there is some containment by the military or the Weyland corporation (or Yutani genesis may well be surfacing here), I see no way to maintain continuity...Remember that, 150 years later, Weyland Yutani knows about the existence of the xenos...Now how could they know about them? HOw could they know that the beacon on LV-426 was related to the Xenos, and not just an alien spacecraft in trouble? I never read the Alien novel, where they stated that the xenos were a bio-weapon created by the SpaceJockey species, so I'm not sure if they ever addressed this...

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

...Meanwhile, I am just refering to Tom Rothman's words, when he said that AVP2 was going to fill in the blanks between AVP and the Alien movie...So something must happen in AVP" that will enable what will happen 150 years later... The relevancy of the xeno study means that it will conflict with Alien...they knew about their existence, just didn't know about their morphology (remember Ash's first describing the Xeno) meaning they never encountered any xeno before...which will definitely contradict with xenos coming to earth and facehuggers lying there for any science team to study them...The xenos' corpses don't decay like ours...we know that their silicone-based skin is quite durable, they don't decay in minutes or hours...

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

... And you're right, we don't know exactly what will be there, however we do know what Tom Rothman said about it being the bridge between AVP and Alien...The mere possibility that someone will know about the xenos before Alien, and the obvious possibility that there will be a lot of facehuggers, hive structures, alien corpses, hanging around, is a realistic aftermath of any conflict between Predators-Xenos-humans...so i think this a reasonable claim... About Shane Salerno's script...AVP premiered in late 2004, right...? So in late 2005, there was already a script from Shane Salerno, reviewed quite negatively by AICN, right on August 2006..? So, on August, September 2006...AVP2 begins production, not to mention the pre-production, probably 2, 3 months earlier or more...March 2007...AVP ends principal photography, with a month or two for reshoots,a nd the remaining 8 months for post-production...So, in a word, the script so negatively reviewed in 2006 could never be started anew in such a short period of time...it's not realistic...meaning most of the scenes will be still there in the final script, although some scenes may simply be dropped...I wasn't talking about the time period in itself, just that the frist draft that took that full year turned out to be a disgrace, so why would anyone think that a quick rewrite would be any better...? THAT's all I am saying...THAT and a lot else, it seems...       ;D  

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

There was actually someone who asked about a self-destruct mechanism being at the end of the film and there was a sort of 'no comment' attitude in the answer. Quite whether that means it was in one of the drafts, might be a red herring they want to set up or something else, who could say?  Bridging the two films together, I don't see as anything like a problem. They said that about the previous one, too, but it ultimately turned out to be something alluded to, rather than anything else.  The novel said as much as the film about the beacon: The Nostromo crew assumed it was a warning, but after only a few hours of Ripley spending more time on it, she was the one who said it then looked like a warning. I would imagine that a professional team of cryptologists would have even earlier success! Nowhere was it said, outside of Ripley Scott's mind, that they were definitely a biological weapon, much less whether they were manufactured or just naturally discovered.  Ash only spoke about the ship not being like anything seen before and, considering when he said it (while still maintaining cover), could have been lying.  Again, I've done scripts in well under a month. Under a week, even. Simply tweaknig someone else's work, already in place, would be even quicker! Heck, I could have done over the last film's script in well under a week and improved it by a very large degree.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Xenomorphine, I apologise again...the SpaceJockey stuff was mentioned in non-canonical litterature... but there is an H.R. Giger panel showing the SpaceJOckeys impregnating themselves with the facehuggers, and the cargohold with hundreds of eggs kinda go towards this 'bioweapon devised by the Jockeys' idea...the panel was real, it was supposed to be in the SpaceJockey's chamber but never made it, presumably because it gave too much away about the alien... here's the link:    http://www.andreaonnet.webzzanine.net/lacrypte/gigeretadeptes/giger/384.jpg

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

...About Ash, i was talking about his description of Xeno's morphology, Xenomorphine, not about the ship... His intrigued face before he was drilled by Ripley about him opening the outer hatch against her orders, kinda gave him away...he was ordered to preserve the Alien...so why was that...Ash violated company quarantine orders BEFORE knowing the Special Order, which makes me assume that they knew all along about the Xeno's existence...but that is arguable and the subject for another movie, probably written by Dan O'Bannon  (if he is still alive, that is... I know, I know, bad humour).

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

About the the script...name me one sequel of late that surprised you or even pleased you...If they failed top nail it with all the time in the world to do it. why would you think they would in such short time? Was Pred II better than Pred I? Was Die Hard 2 better than Die Hard 1? Do sequels get any better than the original, apart from some, few and far between, cases? AVP was bad according to some, so their reasoning is that AVP2  can only get better...Past history tends to show otherwise...

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

RECENT past history, I might add...   Oh, and Xenomorphine...put your money where your mouth is...if you're so good, why aren't your scripts being put into film? You do realise that not all viewers want gore, or more Aliens, or less Predators...'Aliens' did not have gore and it is considered the best Alien movie, so where is the basis for this reasoning? The Predator movie only had one Predator, and the thrills it gave was because he hardly ever saw him, so why would more guys in suits be better? This is something i fail to understand...If you think you can do better, then submit your script to Fox and see what they say...Also, and I said before, what fans want to see is NOT what the majority wants...gore is just nauseating and does not enable a story to be good...Aliens was proof of that...it delivered action, tension and it did not need blood all over the place... This is not Saw or Hostel...and Saw's main quality was that it delivered a top-notch story, not the blood by the gallons... an R-rating won't be enough to save a movie if the story is no good...if the cast is no good...if the FX are not good...  Unless you, Xeno, walk under the same shoes as PWA and other writers, and get your script approved, then what you are saying doesn't really matter, now does it?

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Sorry about my honesty, but it is for your own good... you know that a good script needs more than time, it needs quality and a knowledge of how a movie, from filming to editing, works...you have to take everything into consideration, pacing, rythm, plot, subplot, genres involved...all in a cohesive script that can be filmed...and you better write it with scenes to spare, because there will be a lot of them that will never see the light of day...you will have to compromise key sequences for time restraints' sake... Have you thought about that at all?

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

That is how hard a script is...Paul Anderson's AVP script is filled with deleted scenes, some filmed, others not, and a lot of them completely deleted from the script... So, you do realise that corrections, improvements, deletions, will always be in order, so why do you still think that the final cut was even remotely close to what the original script intended? When you cut here and there, all that remains is this: a 90-minute story with little characterisation, little or no subplots, and just scenes that for the most part don't make much sense...That is why I don't spit on PWA because i know that a screewriter's job is full of thorns and he or she has always to compromise and eat their pride if they want to see their movie on screen...Dan O'Bannon said often times in an angry tone that the Brandywine triumvirate stripped his original script and not only made it their own, they changed a lot of scenes...the same Brandywine that co-produced AVP... so there you go...I know i won't change your mind, but i can always hope, now can't I?

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

:o  

Predboy

Predboy

o yeah its goin to be r rated

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed