Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 109,356 times)

HuDaFuK

The stories featuring characters from Aliens are generally among the worst ones. On balance, most of the original stuff was better.

It's a situation made worse by the fact all the Aliens-alumni stories are lumped together.

Samhain13

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 12, 2019, 10:27:14 AM
It's not as bad as the "Alien Queen banging humans" stuff on fanfic websites

The Kurgan

TheSailingRabbit

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 12, 2019, 01:51:03 PM
The stories featuring characters from Aliens are generally among the worst ones. On balance, most of the original stuff was better.

It's a situation made worse by the fact all the Aliens-alumni stories are lumped together.

I actually quite like the Bishop one but the Hicks one was hands-down the worse entry in this anthology for me. Also agreed on the spacing. The story placement in the anthology was also really questionable too.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 12, 2019, 02:20:29 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 12, 2019, 10:27:14 AM
It's not as bad as the "Alien Queen banging humans" stuff on fanfic websites

https://i.imgur.com/7ZdFQTS.png

You learn something new every day...  :laugh:

As HuDa said. All the original stuff was nice IMO, I enjoyed it. The ones featuring characters from Aliens? I really couldn't get into that them, and after hearing the reviews, I just skipped them when I saw a familiar name.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 12, 2019, 04:20:32 PMI actually quite like the Bishop one but the Hicks one was hands-down the worse entry in this anthology for me.

There are definitely exceptions to that rule - like you say, the Bishop one was pretty good, while I found that f*cking centipede story abhorrent and there's not a movie character in sight. But in general all the shorts I really loved seemed to be original stories whereas most of the ones with characters from the second film seemed to be pretty weak.

Nostromo

I really enjoyed quite a few stories on the Bug Hunt audiobook! Even the not so great ones weren't so bad.

TheSailingRabbit

If Hicks ever does a podcast with the authors, please ask why they forgot Dietrich was a medtech. Also, what was up with the whole squad treating Wierzbowski like crap in "Blowback?" :P

Voodoo Magic

Poor poor Wierzbowski. Being treated so badly. I feel really bad that.... wait... wait... I'm already over it. Phew! That second and a half was rough!!!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 12, 2019, 04:52:33 PMAlso, what was up with the whole squad treating Wierzbowski like crap in "Blowback?" :P

I took that as a bit of a joke at him having no lines in Aliens lol.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 12, 2019, 05:01:40 PM
Poor poor Wierzbowski. Being treated so badly. I feel really bad that.... wait... wait... I'm already over it. Phew! That second and a half was rough!!!

Remind me: why are we friends?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 12, 2019, 05:49:29 PM

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 12, 2019, 06:38:29 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4Jz0Hhk3ECqnH6ve/giphy.gif

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 12, 2019, 06:56:38 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 12, 2019, 06:38:29 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4Jz0Hhk3ECqnH6ve/giphy.gif

No way. You're scary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed