Filming The Elder Predator - ADI Shares New Alien vs. Predator Behind-the-Scenes Video!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 22, 2019, 01:13:27 PM

Author
Filming The Elder Predator - ADI Shares New Alien vs. Predator Behind-the-Scenes Video! (Read 5,894 times)

The Old One

The Old One

#15
Seeing the comparison I actually think Wolf's pretty good, very good in fact but Scar's paintjob is truly abysmal.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 03:05:14 AM
Seeing the comparison I actually think Wolf's pretty good, very good in fact but Scar's paintjob is truly abysmal.

How would you rate Wolf to the Winston work?

The Old One

The Old One

#17
The best since, being that I can kinda forgive the f**ked up face and the ADI standard mandible placement because his face is meant to be f**ked up.

Voodoo Magic

I have to disagree with Wolf. I feel I've seen better paint on collectibles to be honest.

However, the Fugitive is the best ADI has done in my opinion. At least they're improving.



The Old One

The Old One

#19
Maybe it's a combination of paint and sculpt, but Fugitive (Paper-Mache-Mouth) looks fake to me in a way Wolf doesn't. Not that it matters, they're all from trash anyway.

And Predators takes brainpower to remember it exists. Ugh, what a sorry state of affairs. I really want another good Predator film or a game.

I want to stop talking about these bad Predator iterations, (bad practical BTS and various "Super" Predators onscreen) it's the Predator equivalent of those damn AVP 2004 renders that pushed the original Alien design into general public consciousness oblivion.

Voodoo Magic

I agree. Let's stop. It's too depressing! :'(

TheSailingRabbit

Crabators.

Crabators everywhere.

Sorry, Voodoo.

:P

Voodoo Magic


AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 03:27:56 AM
Maybe it's a combination of paint and sculpt, but Fugitive (Paper-Mache-Mouth) looks fake to me in a way Wolf doesn't. Not that it matters, they're all from trash anyway.

And Predators takes brainpower to remember it exists. Ugh, what a sorry state of affairs. I really want another good Predator film or a game.

I want to stop talking about these bad Predator iterations, (bad practical BTS and various "Super" Predators onscreen) it's the Predator equivalent of those damn AVP 2004 renders that pushed the original Alien design into general public consciousness oblivion.

One of these days that will change. Maybe not soon, but eventually.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 25, 2019, 02:35:10 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 03:27:56 AM
Maybe it's a combination of paint and sculpt, but Fugitive (Paper-Mache-Mouth) looks fake to me in a way Wolf doesn't. Not that it matters, they're all from trash anyway.

And Predators takes brainpower to remember it exists. Ugh, what a sorry state of affairs. I really want another good Predator film or a game.

I want to stop talking about these bad Predator iterations, (bad practical BTS and various "Super" Predators onscreen) it's the Predator equivalent of those damn AVP 2004 renders that pushed the original Alien design into general public consciousness oblivion.

One of these days that will change. Maybe not soon, but eventually.

Let's hope! From your lips to Cetanu's ears!

JokersWarPig

As bad as the plot is, Fugitive and even the Emissary Pred's look a lot more life like than the AVP preds

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 25, 2019, 06:19:15 PM
As bad as the plot is, Fugitive and even the Emissary Pred's look a lot more life like than the AVP preds

The CGI retcon? Nah. Practical effects anyday. Now Fugitive? That's iffy. The mouth still operates and looks wrong. But everything else in the face was okay. His dread style/shape was much different, which was kinda cool.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 25, 2019, 06:19:15 PM
As bad as the plot is, Fugitive and even the Emissary Pred's look a lot more life like than the AVP preds

That's fair. The Fugitive was the best ADI created in my opinion, but the Fugitive, and two Emissaries still feature the gamut of design and to a lesser degree, paint problems:



Ironically, I would insist the CG Assasin Upgrade Predator came the closest / was the most faithful of them all in regards to Stan Winston's x mandible design. No slack-jaw, broken jaw bones there.



AhabPredator

AhabPredator

#28
Floppy gap mouth.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 25, 2019, 06:51:07 PM
The CGI retcon?

That's Assassin, and I agree even ignoring the fact he's CGI it still looks...odd.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed