The Predator Breakdown & Review - AvP Galaxy Podcast #74

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 26, 2018, 11:48:01 AM

Author
The Predator Breakdown & Review - AvP Galaxy Podcast #74 (Read 5,913 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 74th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! In our latest episode, podcast regulars RidgeTop, Xenomorphine and I sit down to breakdown and review the recently released The Predator!

We discuss the comedy, the Loonies, the Predator performances, messy editing, the leaked script and plenty more! Also be sure to stay tuned for our next podcast in which RidgeTop and I chat to The Predator’s Fugitive and Upgrade Predators!

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunesPodBean, GooglePlay Stitcher and now YouTube!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

predator2rules

Downloaded and ready to go for weekend. Can't wait.

Whos_Nick

This film is a disaster unfortunately

whiterabbit

The ripping of space was way too fantasy. It was out of left space. The Predator universe wasn't ready for that shit. However, Wolf sure as hell had rocket boosters fueled with liquid Schwartz to get to Earth so damn fast in AVPr.

brokentusk420

I'll tell you all you need to know. It's trash. Youre welcome

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

I recall you guys giving it a 6/10 which is a 3 out of 5 movie. Though me personally this was a 5 star PREDATOR movie faithful to the tone of the Dark Horse Comic books, which is a big plus. Add in the 80s child sci-fi tweeness, oddly bookended with the 21st Century singularity conspiracy theory of a  new age technophobia of man with machine or organic material (Venom, Iron Man) you have a winner.

TERMINATOR is redundant junk as it it no longer scary since "the future of now" tagline literally is now........nothing remotely close in the real-world happened so that technophobia is betamax.

Although I respect any opinion and that includes Ramboralph4life I was taken aback that many people I subscribed to didn't like it? Fair play I like AVP-R whereas many don't.

That said one person namely General Lotz (remember him?) like THE PREDATOR so check it out if you are burned out on people bashing this film.
His other reviews are also entertaining once you get used to his laid-back, albeit peter pan, presenting style.

Andrei

I think it's sad that the Predator we know and love dies half way through the movie and we're left with that CGI nonsense after that.

Beans81

Oh this will come in handy for my 12hr shift tonight  ;D

Learning

It's what it is - a missed oppprtunity.
One would think in the month before release all this extra time was about polishing the movie  ::)

yaujta

@ avp-capcom.. couldn't have put it better man... yea its not the most fantastic/Oscar worthy/chin dribbly film of the decade..... but its awesome in its own right, its a predator movie at the end of the day and it had all it needed in my opinion ( and im sure im not the only pred nerd that thinks so).... also thought avp-r was awesome, il admit, the outcome was edited bad with all the dark tones, it was ridiculous n unnecessary tbh, I saw a fan made video where they brightened it up and it was great... Iain white was amazing as wolf, the characteristics were flawless!  :)

@ avp-capcom.. couldn't have put it better man... yea its not the most fantastic/Oscar worthy/chin dribbly film of the decade..... but its awesome in its own right, its a predator movie at the end of the day and it had all it needed in my opinion ( and im sure im not the only pred nerd that thinks so).... also thought avp-r was awesome, il admit, the outcome was edited bad with all the dark tones, it was ridiculous n unnecessary tbh, I saw a fan made video where they brightened it up and it was great... Iain white was amazing as wolf, the characteristics were flawless!  :)

Prez

Watched it last night. Laughed my head off at times - Black certainly got the group dynamics and chemistry right.

Flawed? Yes!
Does something different? Absolutely.
Enjoyable? Yep.

markweatherill

This isn't the Alien 3 of Predator films, but it might be the Alien: Resurrection!!

Did Olivia Munn get a co-directing credit?

TheDerelict

Just a sniper...........just a sniper??
One of the most difficult military courses to pass,both physically and mentally with a very, very low pass rate. In order to be selected for a sniper cardre you have to be one of the very best and experienced soldiers that your regiment has to offer and even then most don't even pass the gruelling selection phase, let alone the course itself. A job role that involves a HELL of a lot more than just pointing a long rifle a target from distance.

But hey.........just a sniper.

Rudiger

Corporal Hicks has a potty mouth.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed