Marvel AvP

Started by Nelostic, Aug 07, 2022, 01:51:59 PM

Author
Marvel AvP (Read 2,322 times)

Nelostic

Nelostic

Marvel AvP
Your Thoughts!
As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

Alien
https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/preview-marvel-comics-alien-1?amp

Predator
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/predator-1-preview-the-more-things-change/

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I'm really interested in the idea of bringing Mckenna back for it since it'd lead to a lot of good character interactions. He can't keep up with Dutch both physically and in experience. So he'd require the suit to compensate which also means it could lead to scenarios where he's trying to live up to Dutch's example. If Royce was also brought back, a similar suit of armor could be employed like he'd have in the Predators tie-in but since Royce had been out there so long, he doesn't exactly need it. There's again a difference between the two, but Royce is more Predator than person anymore. And that unnerves Mckenna given what happened to Royce versus himself. If he was left out there without his family could he end up the same way? And you'd have the dynamic between Royce and Dutch. Both "predators" themselves, but both on the opposite ends of the obsession. Dutch retaining his humanity where Royce has mostly lost his echoing what happened to Noland.

My idea would be that it's similar to that of AVP (the film). They (the OWLF) have a ship now after all. So they go out and find Royce on the game preserve only to find that this is where they're doing the xeno hunting now. And if Royce has lost it then you have a case where bringing him home becomes a struggle. Essentially Human issues which you can parallel with the Predator characters. And the xenomorph themselves acting as the collective hunters obsession, fears, and all consuming madness of Royce as they take over that region of the preserve.

Nelostic

Nelostic

I Want
Humans vs Predators War!
And Predators on Engineer Planet!
and watch predator planet
and predator cities!
and
Humans vs Engineers War!

Spoiler
[close]

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Really looking forward to new AVP comics from Marvel. We know they're coming as they were in the initial announcement. But I'd think it might be next year until we see them, after Predator has completed its first arc.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I think they'll make a big event out of it, which could be really fun. I'm waiting for the inevitable crossover with the proper Marvel universe.

Nelostic

Nelostic

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 07, 2022, 05:49:08 PMI think they'll make a big event out of it, which could be really fun. I'm waiting for the inevitable crossover with the proper Marvel universe.

I hope It Will Be After Predator Engineers
Creators of Predators!

Human Engineers Angels
Predator Engineers Devils!

Spoiler
[close]

Marvel AvP have cool
Planets Designs!
Spoiler
[close]

Nelostic

Nelostic

Alien girl vs Predator Girl!

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

While I have some high hopes that Marvel's relaunch of Alien with Julius Ohta will right the ship, and I also think the Predator book is off to a decent start, I do not think at this point Marvel knows how to handle either property. Let alone combining them for an AvP story.

happypred

happypred

Hope we get an AvP or Predator series with a memorable Predator character like Ahab.

You also want to craft interesting human characters for the sake of a general audience, but don't want to relegate the Predators or Aliens to background fodder. You want the creatures to shine and be formidable as well.

It's a balancing act, but if Marvel messes up the Predator series, it will probably be because they focus too much on building up this new Predator-slaying superheroine without respecting the titular Predators or exploring them in interesting ways. In 2022, there are a lot more casual superhero fans than hardcore fans of the Predator creature, so Marvel may try to woo the former at the expense of the latter. Hope I'm wrong.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Theta would be too old for any xenomorph since the Alien at minimum (Covenant variant) wont show up for another 50 years past her book. Nor will it be around in its OG state for even longer. Shes stated to be 27 according to google but even making her a decade younger still means she pushing 70. If any Predator character is coming from that book it'll probably be the Predator itself.

Nelostic

Nelostic

They can Make
AvP Canon
Where Engineers Made their Protomorphs / Aliens before david!

ZergVsProtoss

ZergVsProtoss

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 21, 2022, 03:34:21 PMTheta would be too old for any xenomorph since the Alien at minimum (Covenant variant) wont show up for another 50 years past her book. Nor will it be around in its OG state for even longer. Shes stated to be 27 according to google but even making her a decade younger still means she pushing 70. If any Predator character is coming from that book it'll probably be the Predator itself.

She can be put in stasis somehow.

I really do think the fact that Marvel decided to set Predator in the future was a way to easily dovetail into a AvP crossover, which I'm all for.

happypred

happypred

Would Marvel have rights to use any Dark Horse AvP characters?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: happypred on Aug 23, 2022, 09:44:22 AMWould Marvel have rights to use any Dark Horse AvP characters?

They can reprint those stories and have brought back old Star Wars characters, not always necessarily what they themselves made back when they had the license pre-Disney. I don't think Darkhorse would hold onto characters like Hook or anything, it certainly wasn't the case with Star Wars. Now if they come from a book Darkhorse owns then probably not but anybody native to the Alien, Predator, or AVP books probably can.

happypred

happypred

Yeah, I was thinking the likes of Ahab, Top Knot, Blue/Light-Stepper, Smiley

Doesn't have to be fan service as these characters are interesting enough to stand on their own in new stories

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed