The season pass has been so far a total bust. Wanted and hoped for kenner skins

Started by Adamantiumhip, Apr 26, 2022, 08:11:01 PM

Author
The season pass has been so far a total bust. Wanted and hoped for kenner skins (Read 4,575 times)

Adamantiumhip

Was hoping for kenner toys skins or at least skins based on comic books or expanded universe. We have just gotten a bunch of generic crap that could be from any free to play fortnite style game ,  with barest relation to aliens as a whole.  It just seems like its been a massive failure of imagination and effort.

I love the base game dont get me wrong but man unless theres a hefty chunk of campaign content coming its easily the worst season pass I have personally brought.

Wweyland

I do hope the game has a better fate than Predator: Hunting Grounds

Corporal Hicks

And there's me totally satisfied I've got an APE suit...

Kailem

Speaking of, did anyone actually find those "synth shades" the devs mentioned were in there just prior to release? I don't think I ever actually saw them anywhere.

Corporal Hicks

The Kenner Bishop ones? I'd forgot about those! Don't think I've seen them mentioned!

Kailem

Yep, it was from this "IGN First" article from last year, before the game came out: https://www.ign.com/articles/how-aliens-fireteam-fits-into-the-alien-universeincluding-prometheus-and-covenant-ign-first

Quote from: IGNIn space, no one can enforce your dress code, so expect plenty of customization. "You'll be able to wear your cowboy hat, or your classic colonial marine helmet, or awesome synth sunglasses," Highison tells us.

But I don't think they're actually in there, at least not that I've ever seen.

RidgeTop

Gotta disagree there. As the Corporal says, "Never go full Kenner."

Kailem

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 12, 2022, 08:17:33 PMGotta disagree there. As the Corporal says, "Never go full Kenner."

BlueMarsalis79

Go Kenner all you want for the Marines, just not the Aliens.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 13, 2022, 12:52:00 AMGo Kenner all you want for the Marines, just not the Aliens.

I feel like the Prowler is already in the vein of the less outrageous Kenner figures, honestly.

Corporal Hicks

In all fairness, just the visor isn't going full Kenner. Partial Kenner is acceptable.

JokersWarPig2

I've got my classic skins for my marine days and the ape suit for my WeYu Merc days so I'm happy. We've gotten a lot more in the way of skins than I thought we would, so who knows what we'll get next.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2022, 09:56:42 AMIn all fairness, just the visor isn't going full Kenner. Partial Kenner is acceptable.

Oh yeah partial Kenner is great, just not full Kenner.

Kailem

I would buy the crap out of "Kenner Presents: Aliens - Full Kenner". Nothing but flying queens, rhinos, snake Aliens and synth shade-wearing Bishop all the way!

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 15, 2022, 08:43:15 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2022, 09:56:42 AMIn all fairness, just the visor isn't going full Kenner. Partial Kenner is acceptable.

Oh yeah partial Kenner is great, just not full Kenner.

Gimme my bloody sunglasses!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed