Alien - Inferno's Fall

Started by felix, Nov 27, 2021, 01:10:15 PM

Author
Alien - Inferno's Fall (Read 60,040 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2021, 11:41:39 AMFox really should've built Prometheus as a brand when they had the chance to catch all of this stuff and open up the possibilities.

The lack of action on that just kinda sums up what a shitshow the management of the prequels has been, really. I mean we've got a movie that's a prequel but then it isn't but it kind of is, trying to expand away from the Alien but then they make a sequel that basically forgets all that in favour of introducing the Alien.

The one time they actually tried to build upon Prometheus was when they introduced the brand into the comics but even that was stymied when they tied the stories exclusively to AVP crossover events.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: felix on Nov 27, 2021, 01:10:15 PM
Coming July 26, 2022.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1789099943/ref=sr_1_22?keywords=titan+books&qid=1638018465&s=books&sr=1-22

A gargantuan, horseshoe-shaped ship appears over the mining planet Shānmén, unleashing a black rain of death that creates Xenomorph-like monsters worse than the darkest of nightmares.

As war breaks out among the colonies, a huge ship appears over the UPP mining planet Shānmén, unleashing a black rain of death that yields hideous transformations. Rescue is too far away, and the colonists' only hope appears in the form of the vessel Righteous Fury. It carries the Jackals—an elite mix of former Colonial Marines and Royal Marines. Led by Zula Hendrix, the Jackals seek to rescue the few survivors from the depths of the planet, but have they arrived time?

That got my interest.  8)

I always wanted that. I mean, humanity defeating them (and killing them) made them look weak. So I am glad for once they win against us, to so speak.

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 27, 2021, 08:07:33 PM
Now that I think about it, I would be more interested in a book set between Pro and Cov dealing with David and Shaw on Planet 4 written by Clara

Now you're talking.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 28, 2021, 11:52:29 AM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2021, 11:41:39 AMFox really should've built Prometheus as a brand when they had the chance to catch all of this stuff and open up the possibilities.

The lack of action on that just kinda sums up what a shitshow the management of the prequels has been, really. I mean we've got a movie that's a prequel but then it isn't but it kind of is, trying to expand away from the Alien but then they make a sequel that basically forgets all that in favour of introducing the Alien.

The one time they actually tried to build upon Prometheus was when they introduced the brand into the comics but even that was stymied when they tied the stories exclusively to AVP crossover events.

What a waste of potential. I don't like Fire & Stone.  :'(

Kradan

Kradan

As a whole Fire & Stone was fine IMO with artwork being a highlight of the whole series. Predator storyline was bloody great

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2021, 11:28:52 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 28, 2021, 11:09:58 AM
I did tell you this was inevitably going to be a commonality in the franchise's future.
And I did tell you I'm not interested in it, what's your point?

What you said about the nomenclature, like I mentioned in the Alien FX thread, and Skhellter just said "Alien" or "Aliens" refers more to the franchise now than H.R Giger's beast specifically.

SiL

SiL

Yes, that's the whole topic I've been discussing; again, what's your point? I know you said it would happen. I said I wouldn't be interested. Now look at us; it's happening, I'm not interested.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe we should call it the Black Goo franchise now.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm simply surprised that you're surprised.

SiL

SiL

The only thing I'm surprised about is people seeming to act like wanting Aliens in an Alien novel is some kind of hot take.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Who da fuk is clara?

Kradan

Kradan

She used to run Studio Yutani blog and hosted dedicated podcast show. Member of AvPGalaxy under the username Delta Echo Alpha Delta (formerly known as muthur9000) although she hasn't posted here since May

Also, probably the biggest fan of Covenant out there (ranks it as her number 1 Alien movie)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

SiL

SiL

I ain't hating on Clara or trying to convince anybody to agree with me, I'm just over here feelin' my feels and expressing myself.

Kradan

Kradan

And you know what ? I have no problem with it and don't understand why anybody would. You wanna your Aliens in Aliens book ? You have every right to do it

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2021, 10:22:58 PM
I ain't hating on Clara or trying to convince anybody to agree with me, I'm just over here feelin' my feels and expressing myself.

It was more that everyone else is on board while you're in the corner actively not enjoying the (potential) concept.

Kradan

Kradan

I'm a bit cautious too  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed