Alien - Inferno's Fall

Started by felix, Nov 27, 2021, 01:10:15 PM

Author
Alien - Inferno's Fall (Read 60,039 times)

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Always love a new novel! Although I'm not terribly excited about Zulus character in this, but that's just because of what previous iterations of her have been. Guess we'll see...

SiL

SiL

Are there going to be any Aliens in this Aliens novel?

Kradan

Kradan

Even better - there's gonna be fans' favourite - Black Goo ! LOTS of it

SiL

SiL

I know I sure buy an Alien novel to read about things other than Aliens.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Tbf we've had like 30 novels with Aliens, I'm fine with one experimenting a little bit.

SiL

SiL

TBF there are millions of books without Aliens in them, they're just not called Aliens novels because of it.

Except that one, which nobody seemed to like and nobody talks about.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2021, 10:04:53 AMTBF there are millions of books without Aliens in them, they're just not called Aliens novels because of it.

This is still clearly based on the black goo though, which very much is a part of Alien by this point.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2021, 10:04:53 AMExcept that one, which nobody seemed to like and nobody talks about.

Fair point, that's like the only one I've not actually read :laugh:

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2021, 10:04:53 AM
TBF there are millions of books without Aliens in them, they're just not called Aliens novels because of it.

Except that one, which nobody seemed to like and nobody talks about.
Which one? Or am I being dense?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Covenant prequel book.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 28, 2021, 10:08:16 AM

This is still clearly based on the black goo though, which very much is a part of Alien by this point.
There's a reason Prometheus didn't have the Alien title in it.

EDIT

And for clarity my initial question was sincere, as there can be goo and Aliens. But if there's no Aliens I honestly don't see the point and will skip it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I did tell you this was inevitably going to be a commonality in the franchise's future.

skhellter

skhellter

neomorphs are cool.

Really don't mind if they take the lead for a book

The franchise isn't called XENomorph anyway.

(thanks for diversifying the threats, Ridley)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 28, 2021, 11:09:58 AM
I did tell you this was inevitably going to be a commonality in the franchise's future.
And I did tell you I'm not interested in it, what's your point?

Kradan

Kradan

Premise of Engineer ship arriving at some distant colony planet to bomb the shit out of it with Black Goo (which, as HuDaFuk pointed out, already connected to Alien, whether one likes it or not) sounds interesting enough for me so I won't  be too annoyed with not having proper Aliens in the book but I can understand people who are not too happy with where Ridley took franchise with prequels' narrative being turned off by it

SiL

SiL

Don't get me wrong, I've got no problems with spinoffs. I just think leave the Alien label off it.

Fox really should've built Prometheus as a brand when they had the chance to catch all of this stuff and open up the possibilities.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed