Predator: Eyes of the Demon Anthology in 2022

Started by felix, Nov 03, 2021, 10:30:56 PM

Author
Predator: Eyes of the Demon Anthology in 2022 (Read 32,028 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 26, 2022, 06:03:06 PM
I was only teasing.

It's hard to tell to be honest! You and Kradan are the only ones that both like to tease me about it, and get upset at me about it (while others are free to complain :P).

Kradan

Kradan

We get upset specifically about you 'cause you decided to be a leader of the anti-ADI movement. You should strike the most powerful warrior first

RidgeTop

Ok, for real now moving on. Lol.

scottsigler

This one should be fun. I hope y'all dig my story.

Voodoo Magic

Looking forward to it!

Kradan

Have you read Phalanx ?

Corporal Hicks

I don't think we've heard if Eyes' short relates to Phalanx, have we? We know Ultimate Prey's does!

re: Youll's artwork. I've always liked them myself. Even the McFarlane's Celtic on the cover of Midnight. But South China Sea's is easily the best - even if not overly relevant to the plot. lol

Kradan

Phalanx is great example of Scott's writing and I was curious if Voodoo (primarily Predfan as far as I know) read it

If not, you have to force him, Hicks ! Threaten to ditch him off podcast if he doesn't comply

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 27, 2022, 08:15:25 AM
Phalanx is great example of Scott's writing and I was curious if Voodoo (primarily Predfan as far as I know) read it

Well that's very fair. Phalanx is f**king phenomenal imho. No threats though. lol

RidgeTop

From Bryan Thomas Schmidt's website post following the cover reveal:

"PREDATOR. My third such book over all—after PREDATOR: IF IT BLEEDS (2017) and ALIENS VS. PREDATORS: ULTIMATE PREY (March 2022) also from Titan Books—EYES OF THE DEMON is filled with great authors and stories and I guarantee you will see Predators, both male and female, like you have never seen them before. We have some awesome stories with unique approaches and settings. It's not just the usual shoot ém up. And we did not focus on the historical time travel angle either. There's even a new story featuring Dutch Schaefer that ties together the first two movies like never before and fills in gaps in the universe. So, along with the cover, here's the list of great writers participating

Linda Addison – Peter Briggs – Nancy A. Collins – Robert Greenberger – Ammar Habib – Stephen Graham Jones – Gini Koch – Michael Kogge – Tim Lebbon –Jonathan Maberry – Kim May – Yvonne Navarro – Joshua Pruett –AR Redington – Bryan Thomas Schmidt – Scott Sigler

As some may notice, several of these authors have written in this universe before as with my last books: Tim Lebbon, Jonathan Maberry, Nancy Collins, Robert Greenberger, Yvonne Navarro, Scott Sigler, and myself. But also screenwriter Peter Briggs makes his fiction debut. He's the guy who in the 1990s sold a spec screenplay for Aliens Vs. Predator that launched a franchise (even though his script was never actually used).

We're talk 16 all new tales here, folks. And this will be one of three Predator books Titan releases this year. That's a lot to look forward to! We can't wait for you to see it. Preorder now here: https://amzn.to/3IEEcUg"

Simply_Kevin

The way this is shaping up to be, this might be my first Predator book. That tie in with Dutch got me hooked.

I never read the Hunters series but I listened to the podcast and how Dutch was barely in it considering his tapes in Hunting Grounds, so I hope this one makes good use of him.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Simply_Kevin on Jan 29, 2022, 11:15:02 AM
The way this is shaping up to be, this might be my first Predator book. That tie in with Dutch got me hooked.

I never read the Hunters series but I listened to the podcast and how Dutch was barely in it considering his tapes in Hunting Grounds, so I hope this one makes good use of him.

Hunters 3 wasn't meant to be the last book, though it's not a very good sequel either. I'd recommend the Hunters series but 3 kind of sucks even if the character design of the Predators is alright. It had some production issues but you'd think someone would've brought up Dutch to the writers of that given he was back in Hunting Grounds, and Stalking shadows that same year. It'd have been nice to tie all that together given how big it was to get Dutch back. Further irritating given Hunters 1 was a bonus included on either the pre-order or deluxe edition of Hunting Grounds. You'd think someone would've told Darkhorse.

felix

Delayed till August 9th.

VN1X

Quote from: felix on Apr 24, 2022, 10:25:05 AM
Delayed till August 9th.
Maybe they can fix the cover real quick as to not be the most generic and dull art to have ever graced a Predator book lol.

At least Stalking Shadows' cover (if we're talking new books), while not very original either, put some effort in and made it somewhat exciting and *pop* at least. Sheesh!

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 27, 2022, 11:42:58 PM
From Bryan Thomas Schmidt's website post following the cover reveal:

"PREDATOR. My third such book over all—after PREDATOR: IF IT BLEEDS (2017) and ALIENS VS. PREDATORS: ULTIMATE PREY (March 2022) also from Titan Books—EYES OF THE DEMON is filled with great authors and stories and I guarantee you will see Predators, both male and female, like you have never seen them before. We have some awesome stories with unique approaches and settings. It's not just the usual shoot ém up. And we did not focus on the historical time travel angle either. There's even a new story featuring Dutch Schaefer that ties together the first two movies like never before and fills in gaps in the universe. So, along with the cover, here's the list of great writers participating

Linda Addison – Peter Briggs – Nancy A. Collins – Robert Greenberger – Ammar Habib – Stephen Graham Jones – Gini Koch – Michael Kogge – Tim Lebbon –Jonathan Maberry – Kim May – Yvonne Navarro – Joshua Pruett –AR Redington – Bryan Thomas Schmidt – Scott Sigler

As some may notice, several of these authors have written in this universe before as with my last books: Tim Lebbon, Jonathan Maberry, Nancy Collins, Robert Greenberger, Yvonne Navarro, Scott Sigler, and myself. But also screenwriter Peter Briggs makes his fiction debut. He's the guy who in the 1990s sold a spec screenplay for Aliens Vs. Predator that launched a franchise (even though his script was never actually used).

We're talk 16 all new tales here, folks. And this will be one of three Predator books Titan releases this year. That's a lot to look forward to! We can't wait for you to see it. Preorder now here: https://amzn.to/3IEEcUg"

Hopefully they don't bring back the Arthuor that wrote the area 51 short story in avp ultimate prey that was one of the wrost story in there

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed