Predator: Eyes of the Demon Anthology in 2022

Started by felix, Nov 03, 2021, 10:30:56 PM

Author
Predator: Eyes of the Demon Anthology in 2022 (Read 32,017 times)

felix

felix

A new anthology coming in May 24th, 2022.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1803360291/ref=cm_sw_r_as_gl_api_glt_fabc_5Z0PKJ54P0ZRB8E6CAXC?linkCode=ml1&tag=avp09-21

A brand-new anthology from a diverse lineup of authors, offering taut and dramatic exclusive tales set on Earth and in dark reaches of space, featuring the ultimate hunters known as Predators.

Fifteen original, never-before-seen short stories set in the expanded Predator universe from the first film, featuring the ultimate hunters, the Yautja from the movie Predator. Set in the recent past, the present, and the future, these edge-of-your-seat adventures by many of today's top SF and horror authors take place on Earth and in the dark, unforgiving reaches of space. The diverse, multi-ethnic group of authors includes New York Times bestsellers, Stoker Award winners, and acclaimed contributors to the Alien and Predator universes. Included in this volume are Native American award-winning horror author Stephen Graham Jones, Linda Addison— the first African American to win the Stoker Award, Peter Briggs, screenwriter for Hellboy, New York Times bestselling author and visionary podcaster Scott Sigler (Aliens: Phalanx), award-winning author Ammar Habib (The Heart of Aleppo), New York Times bestseller Jonathan Maberry, Emmy nominated writer Joshua Pruett of Mystery Science Theater 3000, Tim Lebbon, author of the Aliens vs. Predators "Rage War", and many more.

*amended title. Hicks.

Wweyland

Yes please, although the amazon link gives no results.

felix

Strange. It's working for me.

SiL

Oh snap, Peter Briggs? Sign me up

Corporal Hicks

GreybackElder

Wow!!!!!! I can't wait!!! "If it bleeds" is one of my favorite predator novels! To say I was excited would be an understatement!!

Xenomrph

Preordered without hesitation.

BlueMarsalis79

I love the title, here's hoping it lives up to it then.

Kradan

Huh, Bryan kept his promise about the title

Also, kinda makes me want to rewatch P2

Voodoo Magic

Fungus Khan

Fungus Khan

This is awesome, If It Bleeds was a fantastic anthology and I am always eager for more Predator prose fiction. There has not been enough of it lately. I'll put a little bit of hope into the notion that this is being released to help increase support for Skulls and maybe we'll get that in June or July.
I'm less enthused about AVP: UP being delayed until the spring. I doubt that Titan will release four A & P novels in four months as they will want to maximize sales. By comparison the Rage War trilogy was released 5-6 months between each novel. At minimum, AVP: RW will probably get delayed until August would be my guess.
I was also hoping that AVP: UP would be released in December so that would be before the expected verdict in the Thomas Brothers' lawsuit is released. If the verdict is in their favor is that going to result in all of these novels being cancelled? I wouldn't expect Titan to put all of this effort into marketing and publishing if there was a bigger chance of them not being able to be sold. Isn't that why Marvel keeps delaying all of their Predator comics and omnibuses? It'd be a shame if they were cancelled as there's been so few Predator and AVP EU fiction in recent years.

EJA

Definitely something to look forward to, especially with the Marvel comic book series on indefinite hiatus.

Xiggz456

Quote from: felix on Nov 03, 2021, 10:30:56 PM
A new anthology coming in May 24th, 2022.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1803360291/ref=cm_sw_r_as_gl_api_glt_fabc_5Z0PKJ54P0ZRB8E6CAXC?linkCode=ml1&tag=avp09-21

A brand-new anthology from a diverse lineup of authors, offering taut and dramatic exclusive tales set on Earth and in dark reaches of space, featuring the ultimate hunters known as Predators.

Fifteen original, never-before-seen short stories set in the expanded Predator universe from the first film, featuring the ultimate hunters, the Yautja from the movie Predator. Set in the recent past, the present, and the future, these edge-of-your-seat adventures by many of today's top SF and horror authors take place on Earth and in the dark, unforgiving reaches of space. The diverse, multi-ethnic group of authors includes New York Times bestsellers, Stoker Award winners, and acclaimed contributors to the Alien and Predator universes. Included in this volume are Native American award-winning horror author Stephen Graham Jones, Linda Addison— the first African American to win the Stoker Award, Peter Briggs, screenwriter for Hellboy, New York Times bestselling author and visionary podcaster Scott Sigler (Aliens: Phalanx), award-winning author Ammar Habib (The Heart of Aleppo), New York Times bestseller Jonathan Maberry, Emmy nominated writer Joshua Pruett of Mystery Science Theater 3000, Tim Lebbon, author of the Aliens vs. Predators "Rage War", and many more.

*amended title. Hicks.

(Dutch voice) FELIX! YOU SUNNOVABITCH!  :laugh:

Seriously though great job on always finding the new book releases!

Extremely excited for another Anthology but as another post mentioned I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if the release date didn't change. Considering Maberry said that AVP: UP will be pushed to a Spring release date then that means Titan's release lineup would basically be releasing a book a month:

AVP: Ultimate Prey - "spring" so theoretically anytime after March 20

Alien: Colony War - April 12

Predator: Eyes of the Demon - May 24

AVP: Rift War - June 21

Obviously I wouldn't complain about this release schedule  :laugh: but hopefully Titan doesn't balk at the proximity of all these releases.

Wweyland

This sounds really great and hoping for more historical stories.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Nov 05, 2021, 11:43:38 AM
that means Titan's release lineup would basically be releasing a book a month:

That sounds perfect to me!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed