Alien - Colony War

Started by felix, Oct 09, 2021, 10:26:43 PM

Author
Alien - Colony War (Read 43,894 times)

felix

felix

Found this listed on amazon. Coming April 12th, 2022.

ALIEN: COLONY WAR by David Bennett

Political tensions boil over on Earth, spreading to the outer fringes of known space as the UK colony of New Albion breaks with the Three World Empire. When an oil-drilling facility on nearby LV-187 is destroyed, its French colonists slaughtered, the British are blamed. Military forces arrive from the Independent Core Systems and combat erupts.

Trapped in the middle are Cher Hunt and Chad Mclaren. Cher is trying to find out who was responsible for the death of her sister, Shy Hunt (of McAllen Integrations from Alien: Into Charybdis). At the same time Mclaren, accompanied by the synthetic known as Davis, follows in the footsteps of his late wife, Amanda Ripley, seeking to stop the weaponization of Xenomorphs. When a horde of the deadly aliens overwhelms both groups, however, their only hope may lie with Royal Marine Corps unit known as "God's Hammer."

https://www.amazon.com/Alien-Colony-War/dp/1789098890/ref=sr_1_50?keywords=titan+books&qid=1633818266&s=books&sr=1-50

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Huh, neat.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The White Alienverse is getting ties in with other authors I see.   

Still waiting to see what the US Army is doing in all the EU even though it will be cool to see the takes on other militaries operating in the future. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Cher and Chad? 🤣

skhellter

skhellter

:laugh:

can't take those names seriously.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Oh dear.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Amanda Ripleys husband huh?.....

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Oct 10, 2021, 07:36:01 AM
Amanda Ripleys husband huh?.....
That caught me off-guard too until I remembered that she does get married at some point before she dies.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not keen on that title. That just sounds so teenage fanfic imho. But really intrigued by the EU exploring more of the political structure we've seen the RPG really try to push out and develop.

Interest to see they've finally brought McClaren in. I know they had some big plans for him prior to the Disney merger so curious to see where Titan's taking that now. And I wonder if it's the Davis from Defiance/Resistance/Rescue. Don't see why it wouldn't be!

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 09, 2021, 11:56:30 PM
Cher and Chad? 🤣

I had a little chuckle too!  :laugh:

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Cool. Hope it's at least half as good as Alex's stuff.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 10, 2021, 10:35:32 AM
Interest to see they've finally brought McClaren in. I know they had some big plans for him prior to the Disney merger
Who did? Titan, Dark Horse, or Fox?

SiL

SiL

Can everyone please stop being f**king related at some point Jesus Christ.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Oct 10, 2021, 11:15:09 AM
Cool. Hope it's at least half as good as Alex's stuff.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 10, 2021, 10:35:32 AM
Interest to see they've finally brought McClaren in. I know they had some big plans for him prior to the Disney merger
Who did? Titan, Dark Horse, or Fox?

Fox did. But would have involved the various media.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I stopped reading Aliens spin-off novels in the '90s because they were not good. I got lured back in when Titan started doing them (I think it was the headline switch from Aliens to Alien that seduced me), but swore off them again after 'Puddle of Annoyance' or whatever it was (:P). Now I've had a third kick at the football by checking 'The Cold Forge' out of the library (as opposed to buying it, like I did the others), because I read here that it was really good. To be honest, I can't wait to be done with it.

The problem with these novels is they're all the same story - people go someplace, find aliens, get killed by them, and status quo is restored. Nothing meaningful ever happens. At least with a comic book you get to look at art. With a video game you get to get involved. But with so many wonderful books out there, why would I want to read the same story again and again?

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade. /rantover

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think Charybdis is probably the best at turning expectations on its head.  And even though I personally found Cold Forge to be way overrated, I don't think Charybdis works without the entry.   

But  generally a series about 8' tall killing machines killing people is going to feature its expanded universe doing the same thing. 

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Oct 10, 2021, 02:03:20 PM
I stopped reading Aliens spin-off novels in the '90s because they were not good. I got lured back in when Titan started doing them (I think it was the headline switch from Aliens to Alien that seduced me), but swore off them again after 'Puddle of Annoyance' or whatever it was (:P). Now I've had a third kick at the football by checking 'The Cold Forge' out of the library (as opposed to buying it, like I did the others), because I read here that it was really good. To be honest, I can't wait to be done with it.

The problem with these novels is they're all the same story - people go someplace, find aliens, get killed by them, and status quo is restored. Nothing meaningful ever happens. At least with a comic book you get to look at art. With a video game you get to get involved. But with so many wonderful books out there, why would I want to read the same story again and again?

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade. /rantover

No need to apologise for your opinion. What you said actually made me remember something I finally discovered while reading Into Charybdis - I get so bored when author begins describing Aliens tearing peoole apart, tries to convey how horrific it is. I discovered that Aliens action in text form is the least interesting part of Aliens books for me. In Nightmare Asylum I'm interested in character of General Spears, in Music Of Spears - in composer's mental spiral down, in Phalanx - influence of Aliens on life of kinda medieval society with spears and shields and so on

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed