Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay

Started by felix, Jan 14, 2021, 01:24:54 PM

Author
Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay (Read 33,150 times)

SM

The film was the best Alien 3. Nothing else had the chance to develop.

skhellter

skhellter

that doesn't stop people from picking these gibson adaptations as their favorite alien3's because "hix and nut are still alive uwu  :'( "

Anyway, these are fun alternatives and i kinda feel like this novel might just end up being the best iteration of Gibson's story.

Stitch

Quote from: SM on Jan 16, 2021, 11:16:13 AM
The film was the best Alien 3.
True dat

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Drukathi on Jan 16, 2021, 11:01:35 AM
It seems that even the copyright holders themselves are using the weak Alien 3 to create numerous stories. Like: "Yes-yes, we know you don't like Alien 3, so here you go - keep another Aliens sequel."

Would you say that about The Star Wars too? I strongly disagree with this one. It's just a chance to see those other possibilities, and for Alien fans, Alien 3 is the deep well (unless they let someone in to have a look at all those other sequel pitches we don't know about). But as SM says, none of the others got to really develop, so they do all have that first draft vibe. I think it's important to be aware of that.

YogaJude108

YogaJude108

Isn't this Aliens 2, not 3? Part 3 was the one that took place in that prison with all the Brits. The Alien movie with the Marines was part 2.

YogaJude108

YogaJude108

Aliens 3 is my favorite, all the Brits were the best!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: YogaJude108 on Jan 16, 2021, 06:41:50 PM
Isn't this Aliens 2, not 3? Part 3 was the one that took place in that prison with all the Brits. The Alien movie with the Marines was part 2.

I'm guessing this is because I used the picture of Hicks? In this alternate version of Alien 3, Hicks survives.

Drukathi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2021, 05:47:41 PM
Would you say that about The Star Wars too?

If we are talking about the copyright holders of SW, then I do not know. It looks like after a cold meeting of the nonsense called SeQuEl tRyLogY - someday we'll get a retcon. Not now, but in a few (tens) years. If you mean my opinion, then - yes. Alien 3 is simply an unrivaled level of quality compared to Sequel Trilogy's brown substance.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2021, 05:47:41 PMfor Alien fans, Alien 3 is the deep well

It's fair to say that this is pretty subjective.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2021, 05:47:41 PMnone of the others got to really develop

The only one developed does not automatically mean good. Just a survivor in a development hell. Like Morse - he is also the sole survivor of the Fury-161. But you can't call him good or even say - oh, at least someone survived and that's good. Because he is just a "survivor", the last one standing.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2021, 05:47:41 PM
so they do all have that first draft vibe.

The only thing that survived is nonsense with the appearance of the egg. I don't even know which is worse - a magic egg out of nowhere or an egg grown in Bishop. How? Why?

El Pistolero

Gibson's Alien 3 was interesting, but not good. The characterisation is very poor and the story is meh! For me Alien3 is a very well made final movie. It has lots of Drama, charakter and a depressing situation in a great setting. I hope we will never see a movie where Ripley returns. It is time to go one Fanboys!

A retcon of the sequel trilogy in Star Wars will never happen. Deal with it shitty SWfandom!

SM

QuoteIt's fair to say that this is pretty subjective.

No, objectively Alien 3 has a deeper well of varied drafts.  Early drafts of Alien, Aliens and Alien Resurrection are all very similar to what ended up on screen.

QuoteThe only one developed does not automatically mean good.

No one claimed such a thing.

The filmed version of Alien 3 ending up better than any of the script drafts - makes it just that - better.

skhellter

Quote from: El Pistolero on Jan 18, 2021, 06:37:41 AM
Gibson's Alien 3 was interesting, but not good. The characterisation is very poor and the story is meh! For me Alien3 is a very well made final movie. It has lots of Drama, charakter and a depressing situation in a great setting. I hope we will never see a movie where Ripley returns. It is time to go one Fanboys!

A retcon of the sequel trilogy in Star Wars will never happen. Deal with it shitty SWfandom!

sequel trilogy retcon probably won't happen but dumber things have happened in hollywood (just look at the Snyder cut). :laugh:

New Halloween movie even retcons the previous entries outside of the original.
Same with Dark Fate and the other Terminator films.

I'm just saying.. if it happens...
it will only be surprising if you haven't been paying attention to how Hollywood works.

FenGiddel

I like how they're publishing these versions of Alien 3, but do these items add to the richness of the universe, or merely the richness of a bank account...?

Local Trouble

It just goes to show how much demand there is for a storyline that didn't upset people.

skhellter

Quote from: FenGiddel on Jan 18, 2021, 07:48:33 PM
I like how they're publishing these versions of Alien 3, but do these items add to the richness of the universe, or merely the richness of a bank account...?

the writer has terminal cancer, who cares about "adding to the richness of the universe"

hope she had a ton of fun with it. now that's wealth.

Capt. Dallas at Thedus

Capt. Dallas at Thedus

Alien3 spin-off scripts are practically their own universe.Vincent Ward's Wooden Planet Alien3,anybody?:)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed