Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 272,186 times)

Nelostic

Theory It Vickers
She will transform to alien Queen

Spoiler

[close]

Like Elizabeth in Covenant Concept Art!
Spoiler

[close]

BlueMarsalis79

Apart from that Elizabeth ended up as David's personal plaything.

Vickers got crushed into oblivion and nothing more.

Local Trouble

Or did she?

Nelostic

Who Know Marvel!
They love Resurrect characters!

BlueMarsalis79

Unfortunately true.

Kradan

Wompdonkey

New issue drops September 7th. I think PKJ did a decent job on the writing for the first two arcs but, as most everyone agrees, the art actively detracted from the experience on almost every page. I think Julius Ohta will be a massive improvement for the book based on the work of their's I have seen.

I'm more than cautiously optimistic about the future of Marvel's Alien. I am actually pretty excited.

Engineer

I hate PKJs writing almost as much as I hated the art 🤷 I'll be glad when they replace him as the writer next.

Wompdonkey

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 13, 2022, 02:17:29 AMI hate PKJs writing almost as much as I hated the art 🤷 I'll be glad when they replace him as the writer next.

What don't you like about it? Like I said, I think the art detracted too much from the experience to the point where the whole book is considered trash. I think the new artist could help elevate PJK's writing.

But would I be opposed to a new writer? Not at all.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Wompdonkey on Aug 12, 2022, 10:31:20 PMNew issue drops September 7th. I think PKJ did a decent job on the writing for the first two arcs but, as most everyone agrees, the art actively detracted from the experience on almost every page. I think Julius Ohta will be a massive improvement for the book based on the work of their's I have seen.

I'm more than cautiously optimistic about the future of Marvel's Alien. I am actually pretty excited.

I'm pretty excited about this new arc also, especially the art! I agree that PKJ has delivered 2 decent stories (3 if you count the 1-shot) thus far. However, once an author gets a trilogy of stories I'm always ready to see new talent after that. For example, Brian Wood's trilogy of Defiance, Resistance, and Rescue significantly dropped in quality with each successive arc and I wasn't looking forward to his Colonial Marine comic before it got cancelled for this very reason. After a trilogy, authors have had enough time to tell a solid chunk of story to where its time for someone new to take a crack at it. Luckily PKJ has been consistent quality-wise with each entry. Hence why I'm looking forward to the next arc! 

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

Bloodlines had some interesting ideas and whatever the second arc was called had a neat type of colony; I think PJK has brought some cool ideas to the property.
It makes sense to have a new team every few arcs to keep it fresh. I gotta remember this isn't like Saga where it has to be the same creatives or bust.

BlueMarsalis79

Saga, now that's a story.

Wompdonkey

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 13, 2022, 01:00:05 PMSaga, now that's a story.

Oh dude Saga is so good

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 13, 2022, 01:00:05 PMSaga, now that's a story.

What's that ?

BlueMarsalis79

A masterpiece.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed