Predator: The Archive

Started by felix, Jul 11, 2020, 10:29:23 AM

Author
Predator: The Archive (Read 11,682 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Disney purchase might mean whoever blocked all that stuff Fox is gone now.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2020, 06:54:55 PM
The Disney purchase might mean whoever blocked all that stuff Fox is gone now.

That would be fantastic news. Especially if Disney decided to dip into the stuff that was blocked. Be fantastic to hear the stories behind the production.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Any truth to the few months old news that Quentin Tarantino might write a predator script for disney ?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That was a load of bollocks from a piece of trash clickbait website, I'm afraid.

Anyway, commenting on the actual book! So woot! Predator behind-the-scenes book! Alien: The Archive was a little thin on the ground for me. Wasn't much we didn't already learn from CdL's docs or the other existing material. So I hope this Predator one goes further that! I want something interesting! Very glad to see it coming out and can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Though I do like Fugitive, I do agree that it needs to be Stan's original on the cover, same as they used Giger's original Alien artwork for Alien. Give us the OG for this! Already seeing people just glance over it on FB because of The Predator imagery.

Wysps

Wysps

I hate to say that the imagery does bother me too.  To pick a character from the more contentious of the movies as the Front Cover  :-X  What are the odds that it could get changed at this point, if any...

I'm curious to see if the "unused ideas/deleted scenes" will be aside from what had been uploaded to social media pages after The Predator came out (i.e. Amanda/pod, Pred-monsters, Preds in Pants), or if there'll be a similar section for the other movies (Predators, namely). 

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

While incredibly fascinating it would be, I personally doubt they'll touch upon that infamous Amanda scene, or Newt or Ripley for that matter.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd be disappointed if they did hide all the other deleted stuff since we know about them now. I'd like to see them reasoned out. It'll just be ridiculous if they completely omit the Emissary's too.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Agreed. At this point the cat is entirely out of the bag now.

There we're no Emissary Predators.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 13, 2020, 07:40:13 AM
Though I do like Fugitive, I do agree that it needs to be Stan's original on the cover, same as they used Giger's original Alien artwork for Alien. Give us the OG for this! Already seeing people just glance over it on FB because of The Predator imagery.

I think you mentioned on one of your podcasts that the reasoning company people go with in such situations is that this is the creature from the latest movie to date. If there hadn't been The Predator, they would've used imagery of Classic from Predators

Katanu

Katanu

Finally some good news on Predator literature  ;D
Can't wait for this.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

It's been a long time coming. Too long.

Russ840

Russ840

Is there any updates on this ?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Nothing new that I have seen...

Russ840

Russ840

I am a little scared of the page count.

I would love to see some images from the mythical unrated cut of Predator 2

felix

felix

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 02, 2020, 06:51:02 PM
Is there any updates on this ?

I suspect its been cancelled.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed