Predator: The Archive

Started by felix, Jul 11, 2020, 10:29:23 AM

Author
Predator: The Archive (Read 11,680 times)

felix

felix

From Titan Books press release.
https://media.titanbooks.com/rights/guides/files/spring_2020_non_fiction_rights_guide_titan.pdf

PREDATOR: THE ARCHIVE
MATT SINGER
NOVEMBER 2020, 176PP

324 x 253mm, HB £35.00, full colour throughout

Monster, alien, warrior – the Predator is a cinematic creature unlike any other.
From Predator, Predator 2, and Predators to the recent The Predator, these four
films have withstood the test of time and become a cultural phenomenon with a
perfect balance of action, horror, and comedy.
Predator: The Archive is the first comprehensive book on all four Predator films, a
celebration of the this entertaining and highly energetic franchise, exploring the
creation process of all the films in exhaustive and exclusive detail. This must-have
retrospective includes brand-new interviews with the casts and crews whose
creativity and vision birthed a legend. Full to the brim with behind-the-scenes
photography, early concept art and storyboards, terrifying weapons and costumes,
unused ideas, and deleted scenes, this is the ultimate guide not only for Predator
fans, but for all cinema and science fiction lovers too.

Kradan

Kradan

Huh

felix

felix

Probably delayed to 2021.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Finally the Predator franchise gets a behind-the-scenes book. It's about damn time!!!

Quote from: felix on Jul 11, 2020, 10:48:04 AM
Probably delayed to 2021.

I hope not!  It's clearly timed with Predator 2's 30th Anniversary.

But please Titan. Please Matt Singer. Please DO NOT stick with that cover, an ADI Predator from The Predator, the most maligned film in the franchise?  Use what is consistently praised by all Predator fans as the best.  Use a Stan Winston creation for heaven's sake!

Kailem

Kailem

I knew Voodoo wouldn't be happy with their choice of cover Predator! :laugh:

But yes, this is great! Definitely going to have to keep an eye out for that. A comprehensive behind-the-scenes look at all the Predator films (minus AVP/R) is something I'd certainly be down for picking up. Hopefully the page count will be enough to go over all the films in sufficient detail. It seems like it could be a little light for four films compared to J.W. Rinzler's Making of Alien/Aliens books with almost twice the amount for one film each.

Have there really even been many big behind-the-scenes books for the Predator films? I remember there being one for The Predator, but I don't think Predators ever got one (which was a disappointment as I loved some of that Super Predator concept art and always wanted to see more), and I can't recall anything for the first two either. But that's exactly why this announcement is so welcome!

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 11, 2020, 12:26:37 PM

But yes, this is great! Definitely going to have to keep an eye out for that. A comprehensive behind-the-scenes look at all the Predator films (minus AVP/R) is something I'd certainly be down for picking up. Hopefully the page count will be enough to go over all the films in sufficient detail. It seems like it could be a little light for four films compared to J.W. Rinzler's Making of Alien/Aliens books with almost twice the amount for one film each.

Have there really even been many big behind-the-scenes books for the Predator films? I remember there being one for The Predator, but I don't think Predators ever got one (which was a disappointment as I loved some of that Super Predator concept art and always wanted to see more), and I can't recall anything for the first two either. But that's exactly why this announcement is so welcome!

Definitely going to be adding this to my collection when I can.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Off topic, but this listing alerted me to the book on The Fly that I'm absolutely going to want now.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Hopefully it's better than Alien: The Archive.

They did pick the best ADI predator at least. But really Titan? Quit trolling us and put a Winston predator on that cover.

Titan always trolling fans with their covers.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

They probably could've gone with a more interesting or striking cover choice. The Predator's book had a great cover having the Predator's armor be shiny to catch the reader's eye. Here it's just a face and just a close up from the promo photos.

Kailem

Kailem

That makes me wonder if this one will have anything at all on the Emissaries, since I heard there was nothing shown of them in The Predator's book. That'll probably be the case again here, but it'd be nice if every film's section was as comprehensive as possible.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 11, 2020, 01:45:39 PM
That makes me wonder if this one will have anything at all on the Emissaries, since I heard there was nothing shown of them in The Predator's book. That'll probably be the case again here, but it'd be nice if every film's section was as comprehensive as possible.

You mean like The Crystal Lake Memories of Predator books? That'd be awesome. Would love to see info about the Emissaries.

Darkness

Darkness

Very interesting, I don't think we really get Predator only stuff like this like we do for Alien.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 11, 2020, 01:08:20 PM
Hopefully it's better than Alien: The Archive

I really liked Alien The Archive. Had a lot of interesting things in there.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I didn't uncover anything in Alien the Archive that hadn't been covered better and more in depth elsewhere.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 11, 2020, 12:26:37 PM

Yeah, I noticed that. 172 pages feels a bit light for four films. But at this point I'm just grateful for all 172.  Except the cover.  ;)

QuoteHave there really even been many big behind-the-scenes books for the Predator films? I remember there being one for The Predator, but I don't think Predators ever got one (which was a disappointment as I loved some of that Super Predator concept art and always wanted to see more), and I can't recall anything for the first two either. But that's exactly why this announcement is so welcome!

Yep, just The Predator 2018 got the making-of book treatment. And I've never understood why. Fox saw Predator 1987's 30th Anniversary worthy of a multi-million Restoration / 3D conversion, but no book? Ever? Until Predator 2's 30th? Strange.

Joda

Joda

:o

Wait. There's a Fly book coming too?!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed