Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 97,476 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Official Website: http://www.alienisolation.com/
Platforms: Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC. A Wii U version isn't planned
Release date: Late 2014.
Genre: First-person viewpoint, single-player, survival-horror game.

Quote from: SegaThere was an error in reporting earlier today about a feature of the game stating multiplayer and co-op features for Alien: Isolation. There will be no help, no solace, no escape from the Universe's deadliest killer.

Press Release:
Spoiler
SEGA® of America, Inc., SEGA® Europe, Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products today announced Alien: Isolation™, a thrilling first-person survival horror experience that will focus on capturing the horror and tension evoked by Ridley Scott's 1979 classic film. Developed by Creative Assembly, Alien: Isolation is due for release in late 2014 on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.

On a decommissioned trading station in the fringes of space, fear and panic have gripped the inhabitants. Players find themselves in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger as an unpredictable, ruthless Xenomorph is stalking and killing deep in the shadows. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.

"In Alien: Isolation, we have taken the series back to the roots of Ridley Scott's 1979 movie, the original survival horror," said Alistair Hope, Creative Lead at Creative Assembly. "Our Alien is a truly terrifying creature, as intelligent as he is hostile, relentless, brutal and unstoppable. This is the Alien game fans of the series have always wanted."

"Creative Assembly has created a truly incredible gaming experience, capturing perfectly the very core of what has made the Alien franchise remain relevant after 35 years," said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products. "This partnership has led to the creation of a game that is simply outstanding and sets the tone for what is to come this year for the 35th anniversary of Alien."

Alien: Isolation will be available in late 2014 for PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, PlayStation®3 system, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Throughout 2014, Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products will be honoring the milestone 35th anniversary with a yearlong celebration marking the beginnings of the Alien legacy by releasing commemorative and fan-favorite products.
[close]

Announcement Trailer: HD Download (596 MB). Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meNE4CPtnCo#ws

Developer Diary "Origins": HD Download (500 MB). Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVy_yqA2lcI#ws

Previews:

Interviews:

Screenshots:

Spoiler

[close]

Artwork:

Spoiler

[close]

newbeing

newbeing

http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/previews/alien-isolation-preview-hands-on-with-creative-assemblys-ambitious-sci-fi-horror/

QuoteI played Alien: Isolation for forty-five minutes, and in that time it did more to rehabilitate the alien in the part of my brain reserved for things that scare the shit out of me than any game since the original Aliens versus Predator.

QuoteI gained control back as the Alien moved to leave the room. It's enormous - around eight foot tall - and much more upright than its counterpart in Aliens. It doesn't move particularly quickly unless it has seen you. This is a lone hunter, not a pack animal, and you pose no threat to it - it doesn't need to dash about looking for you. It takes its time.

Footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O5rRm1RquA#ws

Cal427eb

Holy shit. Gameplay already?

Dowly

ShadowPred

Holy f**king shit. I am sold.

ShadowPred

Oh god, I got legit scared at one point.

Dowly

WinterActual

Shit game. Basically a reskin of Amnesia. Very crappy mechanics. The xeno was LITERALLY behind her and 1 sec later she saw it and ran away just like that. Lol no. If there's a xeno behind you, if you see it after it was already there - that would be because the xeno allowed you to live enough to do it; if you try to out run a xeno in a room or corridor you will fail; The scary thing about the "original" xeno was that it was better in every aspect than the average human. In the video, in the moment I realized that I can out run a xeno I was no longer afraid of it. And this is where the game ends for me. The whole idea of playing hide and seek with a xeno is laughable. You can't hide, its not about if you can hide from it but when the xeno will attack. Those moments when the player hid behind some machine and the xeno just stand on the other side instead of crawl above and kill the player were "ROFL" moments  :laugh:

Nightlord

Cal427eb

This is what we always wanted in a game with xenomorphs.

Nightlord

Valaquen

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 07, 2014, 04:34:58 PM
Shit game. Basically a reskin of Amnesia. Very crappy mechanics. The xeno was LITERALLY behind her and 1 sec later she saw it and ran away just like that. Lol no. If there's a xeno behind you, if you see it after it was already there - that would be because the xeno allowed you to live enough to do it; if you try to out run a xeno in a room or corridor you will fail; The scary thing about the "original" xeno was that it was better in every aspect than the average human. In the video, in the moment I realized that I can out run a xeno I was no longer afraid of it. And this is where the game ends for me. The whole idea of playing hide and seek with a xeno is laughable. You can't hide, its not about if you can hide from it but when the xeno will attack. Those moments when the player hid behind some machine and the xeno just stand on the other side instead of crawl above and kill the player were "ROFL" moments  :laugh:

The Alien in ALIEN didn't really seem all that interested in chasing after Ripley.

The end of ALIEN must have been a laugh out loud riot.

That Yellow Alien

Looks great. This is the Alien game I've always wanted, hopefully it delivers. It needs this after Colonial Marines.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed