Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2019, 07:40:23 AM

Author
Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche (Read 65,671 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Only a couple of chapters in so far but has anyone else noticed Osche apparently naming characters after actors from the film series? I've already come across a Wincotts (Michael Wincott, Elgyn), Kash (Daniel Kash, Spunkmeyer) and Matthews (Al Matthews, Apone).

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Well that is better than Steve Perry naming characters after body fluids. 

BlueMarsalis79

Prepare yourself for more of it later on.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 24, 2021, 07:28:49 AM
Only a couple of chapters in so far but has anyone else noticed Osche apparently naming characters after actors from the film series? I've already come across a Wincotts (Michael Wincott, Elgyn), Kash (Daniel Kash, Spunkmeyer) and Matthews (Al Matthews, Apone).

Yeah there's a few more as well. Got about 5 chapters or so left...

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 24, 2021, 01:47:13 PM
Well that is better than Steve Perry naming characters after body fluids. 
Wait what? It's been ages since I read the Perry books, I genuinely don't remember this.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

If I remember right the three marines who go awol to the colony were renamed after different names for semen in Nightmare Asylum. 

Gentleman Death

Finished the book and overall I really enjoyed it, although it took me about 150 pages to start getting the feel for it.

I don't know how much time the author has to write this book but I felt it could've used some more fleshing out or expanding on ideas.

It was nice to have less "oh rah" moments and more of what the scientists point of view were. Especially after reading IC which was my main problem with that book, the marines.

My main issue with it was the escape of Leon....and how everyone just continued on working and delivering the specimens from the San Lorenzo. There was zero mention of anything being done to locate it...

This book wasn't perfect but the ideas that were presented were really nice, I just wish they could've expanded on those more.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 24, 2021, 08:37:37 PM
If I remember right the three marines who go awol to the colony were renamed after different names for semen in Nightmare Asylum. 
Holy shit haha.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 24, 2021, 09:21:16 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 24, 2021, 08:37:37 PM

Holy shit haha.

Is that in the novel only or the comics too?

SM

SM

Renus, MacGruder and Peterson are slang for semen?

Local Trouble

Maybe in Kentucky? ???

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SM on Apr 24, 2021, 10:34:15 PM
Renus, MacGruder and Peterson are slang for semen?

Trust me.  There are three marines in that book named like GIzzum, Kohm, and some other sperm name.  I remember posting about it way back when after reading it again as an adult. 

Local Trouble

Are marines known for having seminal attributes?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It's one passage at either the end or beginning of a chapter.   I remember thinking Perry had to be bored of writing in the Alien verse to slip that one in. 

I have the Perry omnibus and flipped through it, but couldn't find it.  I know its in there though.

Thought I started a thread about it here, but it must have been on uncanny. 

BlueMarsalis79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed