Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2019, 07:40:23 AM

Author
Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche (Read 65,776 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Ay lmao

That sucks, but on the bright side it is not "The Accelerant" misnomer again, for the terminology use "The Pathogen" God damn it all!

*Screee*

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 18, 2021, 12:55:24 AM
About 50 pages into Infiltrator. Some nice character build up so far. The accelerant is the focus of this right from the first chapter.

Interesting. I haven't been paying any attention to this book, since I don't have any real interest in the game. But this does pique my curiosity.

Corporal Hicks

Split from the Charybdis thread and merged with the Infiltrator thread. I finished rereading IC yday, just working on my review and then I can start reading this. :)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 18, 2021, 01:40:00 AM
Disspointingly... 'Black goo'
Yay! Superior terminology wins!  :P

BlueMarsalis79

Just... Ugh...

I hope it is not scientists talking about it using that term, that's the most jarring step down from Alex White's believable take on the stuff if so, and certainly the idea of it being studied.

TheBATMAN

Pathogen is used too so it's not all bad.

BlueMarsalis79

Good stuff.

Crew Expendable

I'm at chapter 31 now and so far I've been liking the novel. There is a cool amount of other alien lifeforms, I like reading about other species encountered by humanity in the alien universe and the dangers they pose to us.

Ultramorph

Quote from: The Rogue Alien on Apr 18, 2021, 07:51:32 PM
I'm at chapter 31 now and so far I've been liking the novel. There is a cool amount of other alien lifeforms, I like reading about other species encountered by humanity in the alien universe and the dangers they pose to us.

I actually cancelled my pre-order becauseI wasn't overly interested in this or Fireteam, but I think I may need to pick up both now. Do we get to finally meet an Arcturian? It's only been six years since Rage War confirmed them as ETs.  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I will cancel my pre-order if Arcturians get depicted as ETs in either this or Fireteam.

Any of them sapient?

Crew Expendable

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 18, 2021, 09:10:44 PM
I will cancel my pre-order if Arcturians get depicted as ETs in either this or Fireteam.

Any of them sapient?

:D No Arcturians, just creatures! No intelligent life so far but since we've seen Engineer ruins in the Fireteam trailer and this being a prequel I'm wondering if that will be worked in further. There is Prometheus elements with creatures mutating from the Black Goo.

BlueMarsalis79

Best thing I've heard all day!

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 18, 2021, 09:01:42 PM

I actually cancelled my pre-order becauseI wasn't overly interested in this or Fireteam, but I think I may need to pick up both now. Do we get to finally meet an Arcturian? It's only been six years since Rage War confirmed them as ETs.  :laugh:

Well that's interesting. Can you elaborate on what Extra Terrestrial means and implies to you? Because it could be said that the Rage War trilogy is very circumspect on this particular subject. "Confirmed" is a claim that comes with a lot of baggage to unpack, so is "Extraterrestrial" for that matter...

BlueMarsalis79

It says Arcturians exist as another sapient species trading with human beings and such, shit that doesn't belong in Alien.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It never bothered me.

I wouldn't wanna see that sorta stuff in the films but if the EU wants to explore those angles then go for it. I've always thought of it as it's own separate thing anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed