CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer!

Started by Moosh89, Jun 08, 2012, 04:29:11 AM

Author
CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer! (Read 107,804 times)

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: acrediblesource on Sep 03, 2012, 06:35:47 PM
Well Gearbox is dealing With FOX so.....
and Unreal Ed can be downloaded for free. Its FOX intellectual property that they don't want  floating about in cyberspace which is totally understandable.

Its not. Allot of us just want to prolong the legacy of the game with modding. And regarding the console debate :

http://ignitegt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/IgniteGT-PC-gaming-vs-CONSOLE-gaming1.png

So yeah...It would be very...very...wise to release an SDK.

EDIT : and thats an old research. This year alone a million copies were sold by releasing a mod (DayZ) for a 3 year old game. So yeah..... I would release a SDK if I were them.

Jegeren

I personally don't care as I won't be using Multiplayer much anyway.

Hudson

Pretty cool stuff. I'm going to Indianapolis this weekend for the HorrorHound event and will be able to get a picture with Goldstein and Scott. I guess I can personally thank them for their campaigning.

Moosh89

Moosh89

Just got a retweet from Vasquez!!!

https://twitter.com/jenettebras/status/243161704362569728

QuoteYES!!! RT @MOOSH_89: @jenettebras Thank you so much for your support for Playable Females!, The petition is a success! http://bit.ly/QebGuw 

FightFinda

That's really nice to hear back from Ms.Goldstein with a little showing of camaraderie, what a considerate person :).

p1nk81cd

About damn time...and LET'S ROCK!!!  :D

SM

"Right on, Vas."

PsyKore

You'd think Pitchford would've taken this as an opportunity to exclaim how close Gearbox are with the fans and that they listen to our feedback rather than shrugging it off as something amusing. 

WinterActual

I've said something similar in the gbx forums, about gbx using this whole fem marines shit as opportunity to add some credits on their acc for pleasing the "fans" and the feminist groups and I got banned  :laugh: What a nice devs aren't they?  ::)

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 10, 2012, 10:27:29 AM
I've said something similar in the gbx forums, about gbx using this whole fem marines shit as opportunity to add some credits on their acc for pleasing the "fans" and the feminist groups and I got banned  :laugh: What a nice devs aren't they?  ::)

Really? that's shocking!  ::)

Haha you know I'm kidding  :laugh:, but seriously that does sound a bit harsh considering you were only expressing your opinion and... well... saying what everyone else was thinking to be honest. It turns out we were wrong anyway, and as PsyKore quite rightly said, they opted to claim they had it in there all along and that we were ignorant to not get on to that fact!  >:(

Put it this way, I was watching that 30 minute long interview with Brian a couple of days ago (which ikarop was kind enough to post up) and he blatently said (when asked if there would be playable female marines in the game by someone called Vasquez-something funnily enough) that there would absolutely be NO playable marines, and no Mr. Pitchford, he did not say there would be no playable females in the demo they were showing! nor do I give a flying f*ck if there was a female on the cover art - if a dev says there's no playable females; that is obviously what I am going to believe, perhaps you should check with the provider of that inaccurate information before you claim "I don't know where you got that from".

Sorry for that little rant but after seeing that interview first-hand, I have to admit, I felt downright insulted after Randy's ingnorant comments on the matter, and Moosh likely took that worse than me but neverless it was him who looked the unaware.  ;)

Has anyone seen the King of Queens episode where Doug invited his new neighbours over to his house and was given scotch that, after tasting it, he didn't like and decided to pour it down the sink (unknown to him) in plain view of the guest he recieved it from...then... even after he knew he had been caught in the act, he continued to deny that he poured it down the sink and protested that he had drank it! Yep, that's what Randy's reaction to this matter reminded be of, to be perfectly honest.

Hemi

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 10, 2012, 10:27:29 AM
pleasing the "fans" and the feminist groups

don't forget the console fanboys too, since their definition of a "mod" is this :

jk jk...ill go sit on my pc-elite naughty step now :P

FightFinda

Does anyone else think that PS3 looks like a load of muddy leaves smushed into the ground in the woods?

WinterActual

Quote from: Hemi on Sep 11, 2012, 08:12:47 AM

don't forget the console fanboys too, since their definition of a "mod" is this :

What the console fanboys have to do with the female chars? Sorry I just didn't get your point  :laugh:

Queeny Pants

I remember actually being in that live-chat and posting as 'Vasquez' to ask if female marines would be included, but even with all the drama that ensued from my innocent enough curiosity, I'm glad that they had female marines after-all.
I don't mind and I'm actually pretty used to playing as dudes for my 'avatar' in various games, just seems a nice touch to have the option.
Although I'm a bit more involved than just that one question now, as hopefully will be revealed on the facebook page soon.

WinterActual

Quote from: Queeny Pants on Sep 12, 2012, 08:25:39 PM
just seems a nice touch to have the option.

This option will be abused to hell because the females have smaller frame, which means they are harder to hit. In 99% of the cases the females in the competitive mp games are considered as cheating because they give an unfair advantage to the players. Halo is fine example of the opposite - the elites have bigger frame which makes them easier to hit and this gives advantage to the enemy players. Its gonna be the same with ACM. The whole marine team will go females because they will be harder to grab, pounce and spit on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed