Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 639,539 times)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Well Fincher's final workprint submitted was basically the intro for the theatrical cut (minus the egg), then the rest of the movie played out like the assembly cut. He hadn't filmed the burster scene at that time. He also really fought against the queen chestburster "money shot" that the studio ordered feeling it ruined the symbolism. So whilst I myself really enjoy the outdoor scenes of the assembly cut (and quite like the queen burster) basically, would a nice quality version of the workprint (dog burster inserted) be the consensus as "what most in AvP forums want"? (I'm sure this may even be already out there, I'm sure someone made and posted this to myspleen) a "Virtual Director's Cut" with the greenscreen bleed fixed on the rod puppet? (I know someone is already doing the latter with A34K too) but in a nutshell is this what everyone is looking for? It seems an easy fix 😅

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

While the dog undoubtedly has more emotional impact, I actually prefer the version with the ox.

In my head it helps explain why the host uncharacteristically dies before the Alien births, because ox ribs must be pretty tough compared to human (or dog) ribs, right? So maybe it couldn't get out at the usual stage, kept growing, and eventually the ox dies from asphyxiation when this thing fills up too much its chest cavity. Then when it's big and strong enough, it busts out. The late birth is explained, as is the fact the "bambiburster" itself is so much more developed than normal when it finally emerges.

Also Gregor's like about queens and whores in the added slaughterhouse scene cracks me up, so I wouldn't wanna lost that :laugh:

Tbh the only thing I don't like about the extended version is the music getting ruined during Ripely's death, but in terms of her chestubrster I'm with Fincher - the scene's so much better without it.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 10, 2023, 02:46:26 PMIn my head it helps explain why the host uncharacteristically dies before the Alien births, because ox ribs must be pretty tough compared to human (or dog) ribs, right? So maybe it couldn't get out at the usual stage, kept growing, and eventually the ox dies from asphyxiation when this thing fills up too much its chest cavity. Then when it's big and strong enough, it busts out. The late birth is explained, as is the fact the "bambiburster" itself is so much more developed than normal when it finally emerges.

This shit right here is why I love fandom

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 10, 2023, 02:46:26 PMTbh the only thing I don't like about the extended version is the music getting ruined during Ripely's death

Maybe it because I watched theatrical cut probably 2-3 times in my entire life and simply don't  know what to compare it to but I never felt there's something off with the music in that scene in AC

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 10, 2023, 03:59:51 PMMaybe it because I watched theatrical cut probably 2-3 times in my entire life and simply don't  know what to compare it to but I never felt there's something off with the music in that scene in AC

They had to cut a whole measure out of Goldenthal's score when Ripley jumps to her death, and in the original theatrical cut it's probably the most epic bit of music in the whole film. It's not that it's an obvious edit or shoddily done, it's just they cut out the crescendo of the entire score, and once you notice it you can't unnotice it.

I mean, I get there was a reason they had to do it... it just sucks.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 10, 2023, 02:46:26 PMWhile the dog undoubtedly has more emotional impact, I actually prefer the version with the ox.

In my head it helps explain why the host uncharacteristically dies before the Alien births, because ox ribs must be pretty tough compared to human (or dog) ribs, right? So maybe it couldn't get out at the usual stage, kept growing, and eventually the ox dies from asphyxiation when this thing fills up too much its chest cavity. Then when it's big and strong enough, it busts out. The late birth is explained, as is the fact the "bambiburster" itself is so much more developed than normal when it finally emerges.

Also Gregor's like about queens and whores in the added slaughterhouse scene cracks me up, so I wouldn't wanna lost that :laugh:

Tbh the only thing I don't like about the extended version is the music getting ruined during Ripely's death, but in terms of her chestubrster I'm with Fincher - the scene's so much better without it.

I agree with that, makes more sense for the chestburster being as developed as it is. And rib cages are supposed to be fairly tough, so an ox should be tougher than a humans, that being said though, I would have though the chestburster should be able to move around enough to try breaking through the fleshy parts instead.

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 10, 2023, 02:46:26 PMWhile the dog undoubtedly has more emotional impact, I actually prefer the version with the ox.

*Frank's line about queens and whores.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

kwisatz

kwisatz

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jan 25, 2023, 09:43:54 PM*Frank's line about queens and whores.
God damnit :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

@SM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long time no see ! Welcome back !

So much has happened while you were away ! For example, a full-blown war started in my country ! Do you have anything to do with it ?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 26, 2023, 12:55:40 PM@SM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And making a return on this thread, of them all!  ;D

Rankles75

Rankles75

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 26, 2023, 12:55:40 PM@SM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much has happened while you were away ! For example, a full-blown war started in my country ! Do you have anything to do with it ?

I think he may have just faded into Bolivian again. :(

Kradan

Kradan

First Last Of Us, now this. You can't catch a break, can you ?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed