The Predator To See a Return of Multiple Predators?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2016, 01:49:34 PM

Author
The Predator To See a Return of Multiple Predators? (Read 25,107 times)

Kurai

It could also have been because the Predators in AvP were younger. Hunting is a big thing here in South Africa and my friend told me how his father had killed an antelope that had a fawn, he wanted to take care of the antelope and protect it while his father just laughed and said the leopards would take care of it.  :-\

Scar doesn't have the father to chide him, maybe he thought Lex was a cute lil human and wanted to keep her safe, not fully appreciating the purpose of the hunt yet?

Then again, that's still thinking in human terms. I'd much prefer that getting the respect of a Predator was no different than painting yourself with a target and walking into a psychotic gun nut's shooting gallery.  ;D

As for the topic of multiple Predators, I'm pretty sure that, going by the name, one Predator will be the focus, but wasn't it mentioned somewhere that this was going to deal with the lore? Maybe the other Preds are for a homeplanet scene?

Infected

And possible a change of cloaking, this time into background camouflage?

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Kurai on Sep 10, 2016, 07:55:02 PM
It could also have been because the Predators in AvP were younger.

Paul Anderson said this predators are stronger and more experienced than the ones in the previous films.

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Sep 10, 2016, 08:40:22 PM

Paul Anderson said this predators are stronger and more experienced than the ones in the previous films.

Paul Anderson said a lot of things...most of it was crap.

Kaltes

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Sep 11, 2016, 02:48:02 PM

I find it kind of funny that both Paul Anderson and Robert Rodriguez had the attitude of "Oh OUR Predators are so much better and stronger than those OLD Predators. We'll show you how it's really done."

Yet their Predators are easily some of the most reviled of the series.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Kaltes on Sep 11, 2016, 05:16:54 PM

I find it kind of funny that both Paul Anderson and Robert Rodriguez had the attitude of "Oh OUR Predators are so much better and stronger than those OLD Predators. We'll show you how it's really done."

The more arrogant they were  the more their movies and predators sucked. :D.

Kaltes

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Sep 11, 2016, 05:39:23 PM
Quote from: Kaltes on Sep 11, 2016, 05:16:54 PM

The more arrogant they were  the more their movies and predators sucked. :D.

Exactly. Thankfully it looks like Shane Black won't make that mistake.

PRJ_since1990

Remember, this is all subjective. There are plenty of people, myself included, who enjoyed Predator 2, AVP, AVPR (to some extent) and Predators (to some extent). I never once thought that the titular creatures were in some way inferior, or not done right, to the original (with the exception of Predators).

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Sep 27, 2016, 09:41:54 PM
Remember, this is all subjective. There are plenty of people, myself included, who enjoyed Predator 2, AVP, AVPR (to some extent) and Predators (to some extent). I never once thought that the titular creatures were in some way inferior, or not done right, to the original (with the exception of Predators).

Anybody can enjoy whatever they want, but Stan Winston owning the AVP predators is not subjective.It's History.

Corporal Hicks

Stan owned the AvP Predators?

Vow

He might have meant that in a different sense, in that the Stan Winston designs of Predator 1&2 are superior to that of AvP ones.

Corporal Hicks

It's still subjective. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the originals over the AvPs but that's my opinion.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2016, 11:25:05 AM
It's still subjective. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the originals over the AvPs but that's my opinion.

Like I said, anybody can like or prefer what they want, but all the preds from the first two movies beat up all the others suits in
term of quality.

MonsterMaze

MonsterMaze

Predator_Spirit its not just the suits its also the physique of the actor and screen time. Peter Hall was more or less slick and the predator was fully shown only toward the end of the film, while in AVP not only the actors were big and fat, but they added that armor and the preds came in like the first half of the film and they were filmed far longer then the pred in the first film, so the AVP ones didnt look as impressive and mysterious.

Corporal Hicks

Ian Whyte is actually really tall and quite slim - very much so. I don't think the stunt actors were though. The suits were also bulkier at Anderson's request iirc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed