The Predator To See a Return of Multiple Predators?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2016, 01:49:34 PM

Author
The Predator To See a Return of Multiple Predators? (Read 25,773 times)

Corporal Hicks

There are no regular ones imho. They've all been different (aside from Classic/Crucified and Classic/Jungle Hunter). 

overthere

Of course they're a little different between themselves, just like humans are, but Super Predators look completely different. All other Predators were clearly the same species.

Doggo33

Oh I think that's a shame.
I would much rather see 1 predator than 3. It just becomes unbelievable with 3 because they could so easily take the humans out but they don't and it ends up making the predators look really weak. Do 1. I care about that 1. That 1 is threatening and has a real presence. I'm fine with more appearing (in an observational way) but I'd much much rather the focus be on one.
After reading the comments I think the idea of 2 competing to get kills actually sounds interesting although a) it raises the question of how that works and b) I really don't care for a Predator versus Predator fight. I'm not looking to see a versus monster movie. I want a human character struggling to kill a Predator and vice versa (but with the factor of honour).

TheBonusSituation

TheBonusSituation

If Black thinks Predators is set slightly in the future and this movie is set before it then hes probably right. I mean he is in the movie business, we're not, plus hes a writer and he was involved with the first film, so its obvious he knows A LOT more about the making&writing of these films then we do...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's not necessarily true. We tend to be a little more obsessive over these things.  :laugh: Black thinks Predators takes place in the future because it's set on another planet. Simply because of that.

Vow

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2016, 08:26:08 AM
The more I think about it, the more I think we are going to see one on one Predator in this. Two opposing Predators.

It could be a Bad Blood and a regular Predator.

One going rampant wherever it is he (crash)landed and the other Predator hunting him down.

me

With the rumours of a father and son at the centre of the story, I can't help but to wonder if there is  going to be a 3:10 to Yuma or  No Country For Old Men thread in this film but with more action.  The father finds an injured Predator while another Predator is sent to find it/kill it as well as an army who injured the one Predator.

Kaltes

Personally I think they should stick with one Predator this time around, so far in this century we've had two different movies that had multiple Predators, so a "return to tradition" wouldn't be so bad in my opinion.

Predator_Spirit

Each time there are several main preds, they are crappy.History proved it.

blood.

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Sep 08, 2016, 07:15:30 PM
Each time there are several main preds, they are crappy.History proved it.
that's not what made them crappy though, they were just crap films. AvP R had one pred and that was chit.

Wolf was a badass tho.

Kaltes

The problem with having more than one Predator is in the past several got killed off entirely too easily. Especially in a movie where they were hyped as "Super Predators."

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Quote from: Kaltes on Sep 09, 2016, 06:53:14 AM
The problem with having more than one Predator is in the past several got killed off entirely too easily. Especially in a movie where they were hyped as "Super Predators."

I really disliked in AVP how they killed off Chopper so early and easily

(Aww yea 300th post  ;D)

Bughunter S. Thomson

I don't know... It was something I used to love in movies, a good old monster fight. But now, I kind of switch off. It either boils down to a cg cutscene or a bunch of practical effects bumping arms and fists. I lost interest when Hulk fought Abomination for example. It is always much more interesting for me when there is a human element involved. Well written, multi layered characters facing an unstoppable foe driven a the simple purpose: To hunt.

As for the humans siding with a Predator in AVP - For me that's the same as a game hunter joining forces with an antelope to hunt a lion. I don't ever think humans should even have the opportunity to communicate with a Pred. For example: When Lex is with Scar, she is essentially having a conversation with herself while Scar mimes. It felt kind of awkward. Whereas the Yautja from the original Predator I feel would just walk away from her and not look back. And if Lex persisted he would probably just break her neck. This is a culture which beings from a young age are taught to hunt for honour. They shouldn't feel any loyalty or responsibility towards humans, aside from sparing the weak and defenceless - But I always thought this was solely because it is bad sport rather than compassion.

If it's multiple Predators as a team then that is fine. I would be interested to see how the co-ordinate their attacks and if they have team rules (Like they only attack an equal or larger numbered amount of foes) and see the dynamic. Or maybe the alpha Yautja chooses the strongest foe and the other Predators are not allowed to touch said human. That could be really interesting. But I don't like 'The Predator who sees the importance in humanity and has the heart of gold' route.

Kaltes

Quote from: Bughunter S. Thomson on Sep 09, 2016, 03:20:44 PM
As for the humans siding with a Predator in AVP - For me that's the same as a game hunter joining forces with an antelope to hunt a lion. I don't ever think humans should even have the opportunity to communicate with a Pred. For example: When Lex is with Scar, she is essentially having a conversation with herself while Scar mimes. It felt kind of awkward. Whereas the Yautja from the original Predator I feel would just walk away from her and not look back. And if Lex persisted he would probably just break her neck. This is a culture which beings from a young age are taught to hunt for honour. They shouldn't feel any loyalty or responsibility towards humans, aside from sparing the weak and defenceless - But I always thought this was solely because it is bad sport rather than compassion.

I feel like the original AVP comic handled the team up aspect much better than the movie. The movie didn't give any real reason for Scar to team up with Lex aside from a hollow reference to the comic it was loosely based off of.

426Buddy

I think the Scar teamed up with Lex because he respected that she killed an alien (predators seem to respect that stuff, like the ending of predator2 when harrigan kills city hunter) and the whole hunt had gone to shit with a lot of aliens running around and all his buddies dead already. Not that I liked the team up or the film, but I understood the reasoning which was fairly similar to the comics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed