Started by Necronomicon II, Apr 04, 2017, 01:34:25 PM

Author
New UK Poster (Read 29,627 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 05, 2017, 09:09:17 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 05, 2017, 07:51:13 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 05, 2017, 07:45:44 PM
That's assuming it was the engineer's idea(s) to begin with, which Prometheus didn't address.

Yeah you're right. This is what we could assume by watching it. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. It was Prometheus' major concept and it's displayed on that poster.

But the idea or theme of the poster isn't present in Prometheus. We don't know why the engineers created humans or if it was even their idea to begin with. It's one of the issues with the film. If it were true that it wasn't the engineers idea to create humans, that poster would be even more incongruous. The film pretends to be smart while that poster actually is smart.

Poster cannot answer question: why they created us? For that reason it's vague and intriguing. We have to wait and see Covenant and its sequels.

Aliensfanboy

Aliensfanboy

Really cool poster!!!! ive got it as my desktop screen i know some have said it looks to fan art but i really like it reguardless

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 05, 2017, 09:15:16 PM
That's assuming it was the engineer's idea(s) to begin with, which Prometheus didn't address.

Yeah you're right. This is what we could assume by watching it. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. It was Prometheus' major concept and it's displayed on that poster.

But the idea or theme of the poster isn't present in Prometheus. We don't know why the engineers created humans or if it was even their idea to begin with. It's one of the issues with the film. If it were true that it wasn't the engineers idea to create humans, that poster would be even more incongruous. The film pretends to be smart while that poster actually is smart.

Poster cannot answer question: why they created us? For that reason it's vague and intriguing. We have to wait and see Covenant and its sequels.

Sure it could, not that it wants or needs to. Prometheus didn't need to answer "why" either, but if it did we would have more insight into the matter than we do now. Some of the film's aspects are so vague or ambiguous they become practically meaningless, and needing a sequel to inject sense into it doesn't make Prometheus any less of a failure on those fronts.

Quote from: Aliensfanboy on Apr 05, 2017, 09:59:31 PM
Really cool poster!!!! ive got it as my desktop screen i know some have said it looks to fan art but i really like it reguardless

Welcome to AvPG! Not sure, but you might like this one better for your desktop:

genocyber

genocyber

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2017, 02:26:00 PM
Doesn't it remind anyone of the Isolation posters?
Very much so.

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 06, 2017, 12:44:47 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 05, 2017, 09:15:16 PM

That's the one I have set as my desktop wallpaper, best poster of the year.

Sure it could, not that it wants or needs to. Prometheus didn't need to answer "why" either, but if it did we would have more insight into the matter than we do now. Some of the film's aspects are so vague or ambiguous they become practically meaningless, and needing a sequel to inject sense into it doesn't make Prometheus any less of a failure on those fronts.

Quote from: Aliensfanboy on Apr 05, 2017, 09:59:31 PM

Welcome to AvPG! Not sure, but you might like this one better for your desktop:

That's the one I have set as my desktop wallpaper, best poster of the year.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2017, 02:26:00 PM
Doesn't it remind anyone of the Isolation posters?

Thats what I was thinking. An attempt to appeal to gamers. No doubt aimed at sites and retail that tie in with gaming.

Pvt. Himmel

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

His creation! Dun dun dun!

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

It's A.I. The answer is A.I.

Ho f**king hum...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed