More Set Pictures from Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 16, 2011, 05:09:40 PM

Author
More Set Pictures from Prometheus (Read 36,166 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jul 16, 2011, 07:31:05 PM
So uh....Iceland will be shot as the beginning of Earth AND an alien planet?

This isn't making any sense really.

I agree, something isn't being reported right.

AciD D0G

AciD D0G

Well today on Aol news, I found some good info about the Iceland shoot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 10 Most Dangerous Film Locations Ever
.By Alex Suskind (Subscribe to Alex Suskind's posts)
Posted Jul 12th 2011 4:00PM
Filed under: Features138297924
Yesterday we found out that Ridley Scott's upcoming sci-fi flick 'Prometheus' is being filmed in Iceland at the base of Hekla, one of the most active volcanoes in the world.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that maybe the volcano could possibly be an alien chamber. Who knows though at this point.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: CainsSon on Jul 17, 2011, 07:47:24 PM

OR if they are terreforming the planets then maybe the technology used transforms the planet into its basic structure which is then terreformed. Which could mean every planet they teraform originaly look the same. Meaning iceland could be the location for both parts of the movie.

Quotedidn't you see the blue screen?

I've not seen the blue screen yet. I've seen the green screen on the interior structure pictures but the blue fabric is from the back of a lorry. It hardly makes sense to use the lorry as a blue screen when you can clearly see the lorries wheels. Which would mean they would need to rotoscope the scene making the blue screen pointless in the beginning

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: nendo on Jul 17, 2011, 08:41:01 PM

Well the landing gear that looks all burnt up doesn't look Jockey related at all. Maybe it's not the Derelict crashing, it could just be the film opens with humans crashing on this planet.
OR if they are terreforming the planets then maybe the technology used transforms the planet into its basic structure which is then terreformed. Which could mean every planet they teraform originaly look the same. Meaning iceland could be the location for both parts of the movie.

I've not seen the blue screen yet. I've seen the green screen on the interior structure pictures but the blue fabric is from the back of a lorry. It hardly makes sense to use the lorry as a blue screen when you can clearly see the lorries wheels. Which would mean they would need to rotoscope the scene making the blue screen pointless in the beginning

DragonBossk

Great photos, chers ikarop for the extra scenic ones in the dropbox gallery, now I can see why Ridley thought Iceland's barren landscape would be suiltable in the film.

All in all things look promising, keeping my fingers crossed for more to be revealed at comic-con  ;) .

RDdaNINJA

Yah, this is definitally going to be an Alien movie.......  YYYYAAAAAHHHHHHH  !!!!!!!!!

Corporal Hicks

Pictures are removed at the request of Fox.

Deathly_rYaN

Aww... At least we saw some of the sets right?

Corporal Hicks

They're all over the net now anyway. You'll be able to find them easy.

Nightmare Asylum

Really, really like what I'm seeing.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: CainsSon on Jul 18, 2011, 03:18:58 AM

Well the landing gear that looks all burnt up doesn't look Jockey related at all. Maybe it's not the Derelict crashing, it could just be the film opens with humans crashing on this planet.

lol thanks

Kol

Kol

i agree with it.they will find parts of terraforming machines. sounds unspectucalor for me to read, but it will increase a tremondous effect to deal with it. to explore the alien universe in an epic tone.

maybe the items of the archeological dig will be predictble, like you mentioned, but i don't think that nature is.

why & how would every planet turn into a pre-built definition of a standard? each planet has it's own environment and climatic stage of potentially evolution.  The jockey are surely helping the planets they 'terraform' to evolve faster, but i don't think they all become a copy fo a copy, of a copy of a copy...   that sounds fascistic.

and to the blue-screen thing: please, don't put my words in chains, coz i'm not from the u.s. nor uk. and we use to say it here like that, sr. nit-picker.
but barring your behaviour and my ignorance: do you really think they will build 30 meter(s) sculptures for the terraform stations or anythng else?
for myself i hope to see guys in rubbersuits...

harlock

harlock

Might be cool to find out if the Atmosphere Processor in ALIENS was really retro-Jockey tech. We may see a similar Atmosphere Processor but with an exterior similar to the green and veined appearance of the Derelict.

As an aside, unless a planet is Earth-like from the bat, all the inner planets and moons outside have a similar rocky, barren appearance. Some atmosphere processors will change the resident atmosphere (whether acidic like Venus, none at all like some moons or trace like Mars) to something that can support life, then the Jockeys can move in and start off life.

A world could feasibly be terraformed to an extent with current day tech if we had a big enough piece of ice to melt on-world and create water and an atmosphere dirtside.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed