HBO Programme Screenshots!

Started by Darkness, Aug 07, 2004, 12:00:13 AM

Author
HBO Programme Screenshots! (Read 21,505 times)

Fresh Alien Terds

Fresh Alien Terds

Is the grid Alien really bigger than the rest of the Aliens?  The book mentions this, but it really doesn't look that much different than the others.

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

this message is for Fresh Alien Terds! the thing is ur looking for perfection in the alien movies, the thing is if u think alien or aliens is perfect, ur wrong there are many things wrong with them, they are greeeaaaaaat movies and we love them but they arent perfect! Nothing is perfect, u will never find perfection not in a woman not iin ur life not in avp! so calm down dude, i really dont think ur a fan all uve done since day one is nit pick!

HellAlien

HellAlien

So funny to c all of this. Like 2 weeks ago it was all " it will suck, PA has done it , he has ruined this and bla bla bla " and now its all YEAH!!!!!!  ahahahaha. So funny. I told ya that this was goin to be great. Was about time that you all overcome that Pg thing and all.  Good to c the fans back. Even if there is a fight coming lol.  But that is great, that pred with the pyramid scheme in 3D. it was so cool. And about those thin passage, we havent saw the thing yet, but it would like galmorzu said, have been made to alow the aliens to go everywhere, or the humans to escape.   And the queen being bitten to get free is interesting.  But the aliens would have been able to do it even without that, their blood would had done it.  Anyway, its great to c ALMOST everyone getting at least hyped for this. Was about time.   ;)  

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Hey, if someone wants to nit pick let them.  As long as it's done in a resepctful way while allowing other people to feel different is fine.  My only beef is with people that bash a movie (or love it without question as the best thing since that awesome swirly mac n' cheese) and then proceed to insult people that disagree.  We get too much of that on AICN, and I really feel the community here can be a lot better than that.

J

J

Fresh Alien Terds just tells it how it is Pvt Hudson, badly yeah, but hell, the mans honest and thats what we need on this!   Hey FAT, nice to see your with us still,     ;D  

ismguy

ismguy

i think this hbo special is really going to help get the general public more enthusiastic.  us fans are foaming at the mouth but "the others" need a little kick in the ass.  i went to the theater in my home town (e-ville Indiana) and overheard two guys talking about the run time.  i asked them and they said what they read was something like a little over 1 and a half hours.  that is just from two guys that worked at the theater but they had nothing official wrtitten down.  so there is some hope i guess it will be adequite length.  also i dont get how people are so picky and bitchy about stuff not being factual.  they say "she dosn't look incan"  "the throwing star would cut the preds hand off" or whatever but then they dont say how unlikely it is ALIENS are living on earth right now.  its sci fi and sci fi movies shouldnt have to really follow rules.  its all about entertainment and fun which this movie is going to be full of.

J

J

Thats right. This film isn't about ' logic ' its just about hard razor adrenilin, keeping the pulses raising.

Cookies

Cookies

I have one  1.  WHY the HELL did the preds wanna hold their retual on earth!??  Why hold the aliens on earth?  that is SO stupid of an idea just to get humans involved in this movie.

SaNdMaNxX

SaNdMaNxX

cookies thats kinda true  i mean why not doit in there planets o well i dont mind i hope they tell us inthe films     ;D  

OberonQA

OberonQA

I would tend to agree with ismguy on the "sci fi movies shouldn't have to really follow rules" line to a certain extent.  However, good sci fi movies usually do much better when they tell a story that is plausible and realistic.  Take Star Trek for example.  While a lot of the technology is far-fetched to a point, it is still plausible given the laws of science/physics that govern said technology.  Star Trek is of course popular for many reasons and this reason is just a drop in the bucket, but it *does* contribute somewhat to the series success.  The same can be said of the Aliens movies.  Ridley Scott set the bar for the franchise by basing the technology in the story around the realm of possibility (this is most apparent in the set-design of the Nostromo/Narsisis).  Cameron followed suit in Aliens by presenting technology that is within the realm of possibility (most apparent in the design of the weapons the Colonial Marines used).  Heck... even the creature design follows some semblence of following the laws of science when you think about it.  The entire Alien lifecycle is within the realm of possibility, ranging from making the creatures silicon-based (scientists agree that any alien life that isn't carbon-based would be silicon-based due to a variety of factors) to the way the chestburster is developed (the area around the human heart is arguably the safest location in the human body after the cranium cavity).  Anyway... back to AVP (sorry for digressing for a moment), it's entirely within the realm of possibility we have alien life (creatures not of this planet) here on Earth right now.  I for one don't believe in such a thing, but I am willing to take the premise PA has come up as plausible.  A better way to say it would be I find it easy to suspend my disbelief over a Predator-designed pyramid 2000 feet under ice in Antartica that is used to house Alien creatures for a Predator "rite-of-passage" because it is entirely within the realm of possibility (there have been scientific discussions about the similiarities between Incan, Aztec, Mayan, and Egyptian stuctures for years).  Just my two-cents.  ;-)

OberonQA

OberonQA

Cookies - here's a theory for you (just a theory, mind you).  The Predators might have chosen Earth because of the overall lack of technology human civilizations had at the time.  Given the history of the "rite of passage" PA seems to be suggesting, it wouldn't be too difficult for the Predators to influence primitive civilizations.  Those civilizations probably ended up worshipping the Predators as Gods because of the vast difference in technology.  That said, the Predators would have had little trouble in "influencing" those civilizations in the direction of being used as hosts for the Aliens.  As for why the Predators chose to hold the Aliens on Earth, I would surmise because of the ready supply of potential hosts and the blind-obedience religion sometimes brings to the table.  The Predators could have chosen another planet and another host species... but at the time the Predators started this paticular "rite-of-passage", Earth probably made the most sense.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Sorry cookies, but by your standard, why the hell would the preds ever come to earth to hunt, right?  I mean, that totally makes the first two movies stupid as well?  I'm sorry, but I disagree that the idea is stupid.  From the first two pred movies we know that Earth is a very important hunting ground to the Predator race, and both of the original pred movies point this out time and time again.  They've been coming here for ages.  And best of all, there's always a huge population of humans, which are some of their preferred prey.  The fact that Earth is such an important place to their hunts, and the fact that there's so many humans here, shows you *exactly* why they would have their rituals here.  Humans possess the strength to offer interesting hunts over time, and in the past, human-kind as a species has had the capacity for intellect to actually construct these "temples" where alien hunts can be started.  Now answer this for me (and I'm not being nasty, I'm really just wondering): why is this idea so lame?

Oberon:  Very nice posts there.  They were really well put and thought out, and I agree.

OberonQA

OberonQA

Thanks Galmorzu  ;-)

J

J

WHY NOT ON EARTH ? it would be to much of a complex story to try and have the match up in space, at least having it on Earth makes for a good meeting ground. The Predators use the human beings as host for the Alien as its hunting ground, all this will be explained in the movie   :)    Boy Cookie, anyone would think that you've seen this movie already, just watch the movie aleast, yeah?  ATHOUGH, saying that perhaps for the next movie ( or 3rd    ;D  ) they could just have it with   only the Aliens and the Predators,   No humans   No dialogue WHATS SO EVER ( it would just be left up to us to guess the events that are taking place just by their actions) oh, and one more thing ...   No Earth what so ever.  So I guess Cookie you would be right, damn!   ???  

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

hey cookies u want an answer to your question of    1. WHY the HELL did the preds wanna hold their retual on earth!?? Why hold the aliens on earth? that is SO stupid of an idea just to get humans involved in this movie.   well think of it this way! why the hell would ur parents wanna f**k each other? that is such a stupid of an idea to get u to be born?    its just because!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed